Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil service torque wrench

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Yea hear alot about having less oil. Just checked mine. Started it for half a min then straightened bike and it was empty no oil at all lol. After 20-39 seconds it went to 1/4 and progressed to 2/4-3/4. Was worried for a bit

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostinu13 View Post
    Yea hear alot about having less oil. Just checked mine. Started it for half a min then straightened bike and it was empty no oil at all lol. After 20-39 seconds it went to 1/4 and progressed to 2/4-3/4. Was worried for a bit
    I expect we've all done that...

Good time to check is about 10 minutes after a ride so the exhaust has cooled but the oil is still nice and toasty.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    My bike takes 4ltrs of oil and has 2 drain plugs.... Took me ages to figure out why I only dropped a couple of ltrs when I serviced it. I'm still short of hair on part of my head from the scratching.

You check the oil level in the window of mystery with reading glasses and a torch.. Never the same twice.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    My bike takes 4ltrs of oil and has 2 drain plugs.... Took me ages to figure out why I only dropped a couple of ltrs when I serviced it. I'm still short of hair on part of my head from the scratching.

You check the oil level in the window of mystery with reading glasses and a torch.. Never the same twice.
    Wowsers alot of oil.

I was unsure about my oil level due to inconsistent levels So I decided to re do it changed my oil but not oil filter. The manual says 1.6l without filter. So added that exactly. Left overnight and just checked oil cold and it's over the max. Wtf haha. Now it could be that's it's been overnight and it's all settled but do I risk starting it letting it run for several mins then checking. I swear the level changes with the breeze.

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

Wowsers alot of oil.

Thread Information