Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Grace Millane.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Nope - your argument is flawed. With hindsight there is always a point on the timeline when every murder or accidental death could have been avoided if someone had made a different decision or taken personal responsibility. Say a dead prostitute is found floating in a river. Obviously she wasn't expecting that to happen and has met up with a murderer instead of a usual business transaction. Had she made a better decision earlier or made the rational decision that being a prostitute is hazardous then the murder might not have happened. That's not a defence for murder much like provocation isn't because we don't have 'degrees of murder' in NZ its a pretty binary decision.

If you are driving a truck and someone does a you turn (or something equally mental) in front of you at a distance where you could easily stop in time or avoid them but instead you decide to teach them a lesson and speed up and run them down and kill them they you have effectively murdered that person. Yes they did something silly but you took advantage of that. The same applies for say a scam - the scammer cannot use 'oh they should have known better so its the victims fault' as a defence.

Yes she placed herself in a dangerous situation. But she had reasonable hope that it would be safe if the other party acted in a reasonable fashion. My belief is that he took advantage of the situation and went way too far. His subsequent actions show a staggering lack of empathy and its 100% reasonable to consider that as a factor leading to her death.

Hes taken advantage of a lapse in her part to commit this crime albeit he might not have a preformed intention to commit murder. I 100% believe he knew what he was doing and he would do it again in a flash if given the same chance.
    Most of your post is agreeing with the op.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Most of your post is agreeing with the op.
    Yes …………………

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'm questioning whether there is legitimate reason to believe that the death could have been avoided with better attention to something called personal responsibility.
    I wonder how many times that thought goes through the mind of any Judge, that is dealing with a case involving one (or more) death(s). Regardless of the manner of activity involved.

Many motorcyclists have died because of that very thing.

If "Lack of personal responsibility" is the basis of a guilty verdict in a murder case in a Court of Law ... could a "Murder" verdict be applied in a case of death on the roads ... if "Lack of personal responsibility" was found to be involved ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    bandit
    What no-one here has said - or noticed - was that the killer took photographs of her dead body while it was lying in the bed .

That is not the actions of someone who is normal - nor of someone who is upset adn in shock because his (consenting) sexual partner has just died during the act .
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    What no-one here has said - or noticed - was that the killer took photographs of her dead body while it was lying in the bed .

That is not the actions of someone who is normal - nor of someone who is upset adn in shock because his (consenting) sexual partner has just died during the act .
    Not Normal?

Hunters have been taking pictures of them and their Prey since they could.

I suggest it's more normal than we perhaps care to admit.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Not Normal?

Maybe normal for psychotic serial killers ....

Oh - maybe that is why he's got name suppression - he's about to be tried for other killings ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Not Normal?

And I'm not impressed by your labeling Grace Millane as "prey" ..

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Some of us here are well aware of the details of the case.

As I've already pointed out, the guy went out on another date the next night after disposing of Grace's body.

That's not 'normal' either.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    And I'm not impressed by your labeling Grace Millane as "prey" ..
    Why? It is not a slight on her or her misfortune in meeting the scumbag and her untimely death.

We are happy to talk about people like that as 'Predators' - so why the sudden aversion to pointing out the Obvious?

He did what he did and felt no remorse, his actions after that (accepting those per-requisites) are entirely normal.

He took a picture with the end result of an action he was proud of in the same way that a Mechanic might take a picture of a repair that went well or a builder might take a picture of a House they built or an IT Tech take a screenshot of some elegant Code they have written.

Going off to find the next 'project' is again, entirely rational given those conditions. This is not condoning them (as if I should have to state that) but to portray his actions after the crime as not normal when in fact they are very normal (if you accept he's likely a psychopath and feels no more connection to the victim than you or I feel to an inanimate object).
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Probably around the same time it was submitted in evidence that she had asked her ex to do the same thing to her.

"probably" so you have made the comment that she asked to be strangled and when questioned when did she do this you state "probably". Why state something when you dont know!!!
    You dont know, Again what a tosser

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Some of us here are well aware of the details of the case.

As I've already pointed out, the guy went out on another date the next night after disposing of Grace's body.

That's not 'normal' either.
    Didn't he actually go out on the next date the very day she was still lying dead in his room before he managed to dispose of her and then told the wacky story to the date about someone he had heard of that was going to prison for manslaughter?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    He was sacked from a previous job foe sexual harassment. None of the females would be alone with him, they did not feel safe, even the guys were creeped out .

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by trustme View Post
    He was sacked from a previous job foe sexual harassment. None of the females would be alone with him, they did not feel safe, even the guys were creeped out .
    never met the guy and im creeped out

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...nished--little

I wonder if anyone was astute enough to take a screenshot?

Bike
    Sold

Interesting quote?

"If somebody in New Zealand goes on social media and publishes details that are suppressed, that's a matter of contempt of court in New Zealand. We've already got the power to deal with that and I understand authorities will be looking at situations where that has happened in the last couple of days."

Anyone who breaks the law in New Zealand could face a fine of up to $25,000 or six months in jail. - - Knock knock who's there? - Not home he's in the sin bin.

Thread Information