Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Road bike options for commute

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchips View Post
    here's some food for thought...
    Out of all my commuters, i personally found the 650cc Burgman the most efficient commuter...
    Welington is tricky. If you live in the hill suburbs a dirt bike is ideal. If you live out the Hutt somewhere a road bike would be betterer.

As for the Burgman, that could be the go for people with an open mind. Mat Oxley was a TT winner and lap record holder, and a former GP rider and endurance racer. Last I read he was riding a Yamaha T Max scooter.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Can't beat a cheap n cheery classic. I have my eye on one of these Suzuki TS90's. It's got a screaming 10 hp(11 on a cold morning) and good for 100-115kmh flat out. Cheap classic rego and definitely a shit load of fun for the daily commute.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1971_TS90R_Honcho_blue_450.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	343836  

my c50 boulevard is pretty OK at commuting - little bit wide, but still can filter enough. The saddle bags are great - no need for a backpack.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    I've just bought a 2016 GSX-S1000 which is going to be my daily transport for now.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I think this is perfect. PERFECT

https://www.ubcobikes.com/
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, from the pictures; No gloves, shit helmet, no armour, knobbly tyres on the street, great in the rain at 50kph. Let's hope these stupid fucks don't get classed as motorcycle accidents.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hmm, from the pictures; No gloves, shit helmet, no armour, knobbly tyres on the street, great in the rain at 50kph. Let's hope these stupid fucks don't get classed as motorcycle accidents.
    Is this any different to the multitude of scooter riders you see every day?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    You know? In the Hutt we dont see many scrooters.
    Was like the Hardley rider yesterday lunchtime wearing 'barbeque wear,' belly bouncing off down the street turning at intersection both feet out.

Yeah bro. Serious biker..
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    You know? In the Hutt we dont see many scrooters.
    Was like the Hardley rider yesterday lunchtime wearing 'barbeque wear,' belly bouncing off down the street turning at intersection both feet out.

Yeah bro. Serious biker..
    I thought HDs were referred to as scooters?

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Welington is tricky. If you live in the hill suburbs a dirt bike is ideal. If you live out the Hutt somewhere a road bike would be betterer.

As for the Burgman, that could be the go for people with an open mind. Mat Oxley was a TT winner and lap record holder, and a former GP rider and endurance racer. Last I read he was riding a Yamaha T Max scooter.
    When I was still riding I always found a bike with a fairing and wind shield best for Wellington. I used to commute from Newtown then later from newlands for several years.

Every naked bike I've tried out I get blown around to much and you know what that wind can do on a bad day.bNot sure that a dirt bike would fair any better than a naked bike in the wind

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokinz View Post
    When I was still riding I always found a bike with a fairing and wind shield best for Wellington. I used to commute from Newtown then later from newlands for several years.

Every naked bike I've tried out I get blown around to much and you know what that wind can do on a bad day.bNot sure that a dirt bike would fair any better than a naked bike in the wind
    When I was a Welly commuter I used to use my Kwaka GPz750A3. 1983 model. One of the best bikes I have ever owned.... at that point THE best bike I had ever owned. I have never gotten another because i have such fond memories of it. I traded it on a GPz500 which was a little cracker too. Boyle Kawasaki FTW!
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information