Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Position

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    ... Having the demand meet the supply is the challenge.
    Do Insurance companies offer cheaper insurance rates for those completing the courses .. ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I go through the same thing. So I go through a mental checklist each time I get on the bike, ticking everything off (phone, wallet, zips, etc) before setting off. That way I can concentrate on the ride and not worry about any of that. Works for me but YMMV.
    Yes, I started the same process after leaving my wallet and phone on the seat and riding off. Someone handed in the wallet to the local police station but what happened to the phone was barely believable.

I called the phone when I got home and someone answered it! He lived in Naike on SH22 so the phone must have got stuck somewhere on the bike, then finally fell off outside his house. He found it beside the drive.

The phone case was trashed but it did its job as the phone was OK. A bit of a ride to retrieve it but I never expected to see it again.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Do Insurance companies offer cheaper insurance rates for those completing the courses .. ???
    Some insurance companies have signed a memorandum of understanding with Ride Forever.

Companies include Vero, Protecta, the Kiwibike companies. Mainly the ones who specialize in motorcycles.

Some do a discounted premium, some reduce your excess for a year, some do different things.

It's worth checking with your own insurer. Ride Forever courses reduce your risk, so reduce the exposure of the insurance company.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    I need a new word for "safe".

Ride Forever courses, without doubt, scientifically proven, improve riders safety. But few people will go along to become safer. "Safe" is about as dull as an old English penny.

What words would attract you to do a course?

This applies right across the driver education sphere. Put the word "safe" in a course and it sounds dull.
    some agencies spend a lot of their time training in preparation for the thing they do, military, SAR, FENZ etc, maybe you can tap into that idea? "Train hard, ride easy"

Endorsement seems to work as well, I like the social media vids with the lads from the Warriors, that kind of thing
    Maybe Avalon Biddle, Sloan Frost, the various Rees's, Jay Lawrence, successful (and fast) riders who know the value of training, they just don't arrive at the track, pull the bike out and everything clicks, they have to work at being as good as they are.
    Maybe they can talk about the difference between road and track? Av has done some stuff in the magazines and her own FB about road training, maybe tap into that a bit more?
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Maybe Avalon Biddle, Sloan Frost, the various Rees's, Jay Lawrence, successful (and fast) riders who know the value of training, they just don't arrive at the track, pull the bike out and everything clicks, they have to work at being as good as they are.
    Maybe they can talk about the difference between road and track? Av has done some stuff in the magazines and her own FB about road training, maybe tap into that a bit more?
    Avalon has talked at a number of ride forever days i interveiwed her at the first one she did and steered he conversation towards prep and gear.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Avalon has talked at a number of ride forever days i interveiwed her at the first one she did and steered he conversation towards prep and gear.
    Am aware, I met Avalon and heard her presentation at a Shiny Side Up. My point is she has a useful (and powerful) message which could be utilised more/betterer. I wonder if using mainstream media would add to effectiveness? Would do Motorsport no harm to have it’s profile raised simultaneously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Ahh a regular thimbleweight
    I shocked the guy I got it from by hopping on it and saying it felt small.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    become a better rider,improve your riding,become visible.Training should be free we all pay a extra levy to the acc on top of our "no fault" levy
    The courses are almost free, and if you qualify for the Cashback scheme, you actually get paid to do them.

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Who would have known that I'd be going to the job I'm going to when I gave all those pucks away in 2013/2014.

Bike
    suzuki
    Who would have known that I'd be going to the job I'm going to when I gave all those pucks away in 2013/2014.
    still got one in my shower as a soap holder.....

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    I wonder if using mainstream media would add to effectiveness? Would do Motorsport no harm to have it’s profile raised simultaneously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you would need to have a rugby ball not a motorcycle for mainstream media

Bike
    Niken, Hypermotard, ST1100, F650, Evoke
    I've completed at least four Ride Forever courses.
    It might be stating the obvious, but I think they have made me a better car driver as well as a better bike rider.
    There could be an angle there somehow.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro2018 View Post
    I've completed at least four Ride Forever courses.
    It might be stating the obvious, but I think they have made me a better car driver as well as a better bike rider.
    There could be an angle there somehow.
    In my humble opinion, there's a hierarchy of improvement.

Being a cyclist makes you a better motorcyclist. Being a motorcyclist makes you a better car driver.

That first point might stir up some controversy, but I have found it to be true.

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Thread Information