Thread: KTM parts interchangeability ove the years.

Bike
    KTM530EXC

KTM parts interchangeability ove the years.

I'm new to KTM. I have recently rebuilt a 2008-09 KTM530 from two and its great to have heaps of spares. I am now looking at a 2007 KTM250 four stroke. While the engines are obviously different, I am wondering how interchangeable the general parts are between bikes (this and others). Forks, brakes, plastics, wheels, brakes, electrics, etc. Just looking through bikes hops - there seems to be a lot of similarity between parts.

Are there certain years where huge changes were made and thus interchangeability suffered? Any input appreciated. I had a search and couldn't find a link for this.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    I'm new to KTM. I have recently rebuilt a 2008-09 KTM530 from two and its great to have heaps of spares. I am now looking at a 2007 KTM250 four stroke. While the engines are obviously different, I am wondering how interchangeable the general parts are between bikes (this and others). Forks, brakes, plastics, wheels, brakes, electrics, etc. Just looking through bikes hops - there seems to be a lot of similarity between parts.

Are there certain years where huge changes were made and thus interchangeability suffered? Any input appreciated. I had a search and couldn't find a link for this.
    cross reference the parts fiches
    Most say what else the part fits
    or look up the parts fiche for the part you have copy the parts number and see what othwer bikes pop up
    this might help also
    http://www.oem-cycle.com/KTMBIKEID.shtml

but dont just limit your cross over to KTM as many other Euro share the same chassis parts such as Husaberg and Husky
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information