Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'L Plates'??, Who out there actually uses them?

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Nope. Ixion thinks the 70kph limit is silly and dangerous. Speed itself, appropriate to circumstances is not dangerous . Tis not the going fast that hurts, it's the stopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by nicmotors
    Well i think that if you are pulled over without l plate on it's more like 400 buck, tho it seems to be a very uncommon thing to get pulled over for these days.
    I'd say that they never pull you over for just not having an l-plate on the back, them discovering that you are blatantly disobeying the law by not displaying your l-plate is usually from the result of seeing your licence, and how many reasons can you think of for them wanting to do that!?

Quote Originally Posted by nicmotors
    ther also is another advantage of having an l plate on your bike which someone mentioned earlier, that is if mounted in a particular way not all of the licence plate will be visable to speed cameras (OPPS!) never thought of that one, oh well wouldn't that be a shame to miss out on getting a free photo! LOL!
    Just mount it facing to the side and not the rear then, that also saves motorists from seeing your l-plate from behind and getting their minds filled with stereotype thoughts about 'what you are' because of the dreaded l-plate staring them straight in the face!

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    mines still on, and will be displayed until i get a new bike and get my restricted. while im not fond of it, it causes me no harm and would save me $400 for not having it on. but in saying that, i obeyed that 70 law once and never again. i kept up with traffic and even kept ahead of traffic after that. other than that, i obeyed all other rules attached to the learners license.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    i never used a L plate. mind you i have a 650.....i'm not on my learners......honest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2005 ZX6R
    no L for me.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover
    i never used a L plate. mind you i have a 650.....i'm not on my learners......honest
    got a buddy only on his learners...hes riding a harley. last time i saw him hed been knocked off as well...dunno if he got charged by the cops for only bein on learners. hes been riding that bike since before i met him, and thats a couple of years now.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin
    got a buddy only on his learners...hes riding a harley. last time i saw him hed been knocked off as well...dunno if he got charged by the cops for only bein on learners. hes been riding that bike since before i met him, and thats a couple of years now.
    yeah its quite risky, but, h-d's arent very powerful, my bros is much faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    haha i didn't even wear an L plate to sit my test, beat that!!! that means i've never worn an L plate
    http://thenc30project.blogspot.com/

Popping wheelies on sj50's since 2003
    Code:
    if (user.postcount > user.yearsriding*user.ccrating) {
    user = kiwibiker.postwhore}

Bike
    kawasaki KR-150
    I’ve been riding 3months with no L plate, never worried about the 70km rule, been pulled over twice and gotten off Scott free both times.
    1st time- speeding 80km in a 50km
    2nd time- no tail light, speeding, overtaking on the median. I got a lecture but no mention of the L plate even after he looked at my license!!!

Bike
    1997 Suzuki GSX R600
    No way!!??

Gee think your self luck dude! I've heard some shocking stories on this web site about cops with a chip on their soulder regarding bikers. I guess you caught the cops on a good day...
    Maybe he left you alone cause of the sixe of ya bike, i once had a 150 as well, seems that cops don't worry about them so much as the others...

Bike
    kawasaki KR-150
    Did a bit of ‘yes sir’ ‘no sir’ ‘three bags full sir,' thats the trick.
    Honk if you like peace and quiet!

Bike
    2000 F650GS
    Sometimes the "Long way round" is more interesting. As for the L plate, didn't come with the bike, can't be bothered buying one, anyway all the cop's are on the motorway with speed guns and I ride the long way!!!
    Kill 'm all, let god sort 'm out.

Bike
    1992 Honda Xelvis VT250FN
    Only reason I have mine on is for insurance. Why bother paying for it if I won't get any payout because of a missing piece of plastic?

Bike
    Its a Boat

NUP

One of the first places i went to when i got a bike 2 yrs ago was the Puhoi pub, Nooooooooooo way was going to wear big yellow there, so never really used until i sat my restricted, and it still looked brand new that day. I always felt it best to at least keep up with traffic flow, seemed safer.......

Thread Information