Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catch up thread 2019.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up Catch up thread 2019.

Well so far this yer I've gone off track to catch up with a few old mates, group members, here on KB.

Latest was good ol CRASHER FWB.
    Alive and well!, introduced him to my motorcycling nephew, spent a goodly while talking with that organ/coffee grinder. warning (No I mean this!) just caue he's got a new pois.., ah Coffee making machine, Do Not Accept one!

Just a day before this I was privilaged to ride with a good mate from the old days in Dorkland, good ol NASTY!@$%,Myself and my wifey, on our bikes and the Nasty one on theirs,went to Cape Palliser, we did, had a ball.

A few short weeks ago, I went looking for a MIA BFTP member, way out in the boonies, yep he was still there, making old Guzzi's breathe fire! .
    Was great to catch up me ol mate, keep telling folk, there's nothing DODGY about them thar ITI's.

Not long before this I took the opportunity to catch up with MOM and MAHA, both looking chipper and happy with their lot, had the good fortune to be put in touch with one JAFAR and even better to again ride with him, a good mate from the SATNR days, wifey and her bike present again.

Some months back on another sojurn to Welly I went the long way (The Paihatua track Way!)and caught up with back woodsman DADPOLE, enjoying being back at school! Still got an old school ride, ha I made a funny!

Prior to that and again in the south I took a quick spin over the Remutaka's with one STONEY, a good trip, not tooo fast, Martinborough awesome and that old pub in the middle of nowhere something very special.

Been a while since we've seen our good riding mates MURRAY & IKIEBIKIE, but we have and with any luck they'll be down Dorkland way in late Jan.

Much earlier last year, we caught up with SKINMAN and his better half (Jeannine), still out there, but not as much.

Tried repeatedly to hook up with another old friend, Ducky or MAD DUCK for a ride out with us, but so far her marathoning has taken centre stage, we'll be there when she comes back to earth, te he he.
    Well, I've tried to think of anyone I've missed, if I have drop me a line and let me know, the rest of you, how about putting pen to paper and listing your MIA's, lets see if we can't get em back in here.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Brilliant post and a great read looking forward to catching up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Brilliant post and a great read looking forward to catching up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As are we mate, as are we.

Bike

Caption This!

Butt, B4 you do you have to have correctly identified the 2 in the pic.
    On our way down to Palmy Norf last weekend we stopped in for the evening with the above folk.
    On our way back we called in for coffee , but were persuaded to stay over and get some much needed (cause she!, said we did) rest, cripes, we'd only done 700 odd K's that day, but one does not argue when told by the wily Lass in the pic.
    As you can see, she's got her glasses charged and the meds are on the table for later.
    Had a fantastic 2 nights with them both and will remember to stop in and say hello whenever we're passing, the poor buggers don't get much time to they selves lately and any excuse to stop and chat bikes is welcomed.
    Loved being there with you guys, thank you again.
    Caseye & Ratbag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1271[1].jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	832.9 KB 
ID:	344291  

Bike
    1994 MotoGuzzi California 111 LAPD

Catch ups...

You'll have to venture a bit further south to catch up with us - we've relocated to Alexandra, Central Otago !!

Hospitality freely available if you do !

Regards,

Don and Meryl

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertwin Don View Post
    You'll have to venture a bit further south to catch up with us - we've relocated to Alexandra, Central Otago !!

Hospitality freely available if you do !

Regards,

Don and Meryl
    Crikey you two, thought I might just drop into the old homestead down by the Lakes, but thats a bit different, Ratbag an I might have to plan a week long jobbie to get that far South.
    Great to hear from you me ol mate.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Butt, B4 you do you have to have correctly identified the 2 in the pic.
    On our way down to Palmy Norf last weekend we stopped in for the evening with the above folk.
    On our way back we called in for coffee , but were persuaded to stay over and get some much needed (cause she!, said we did) rest, cripes, we'd only done 700 odd K's that day, but one does not argue when told by the wily Lass in the pic.
    As you can see, she's got her glasses charged and the meds are on the table for later.
    Had a fantastic 2 nights with them both and will remember to stop in and say hello whenever we're passing, the poor buggers don't get much time to they selves lately and any excuse to stop and chat bikes is welcomed.
    Loved being there with you guys, thank you again.
    Caseye & Ratbag.
    Budweiser, the American Lion Red...
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Budweiser, the American Lion Red...
    Busweiser is a nice Beer...well I like it. You're correct in your assumption that Lion red is shit...because it is. I change my beer every few weeks or so, Heineken sometimes Corona...sometimes Asahi and even Stella. I will drink a cold Waikato on hot day also..Fingers crossed I can get my hands on some Asahi Black beer soon, it is a gorgeous beer, not available in Liquor stores and it's brewed in Japan unlike the Asahi Dry which is brewed in Aussie.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    I use to think as Lion beer as the beer of last resort. When everything else is gone and taste buds are toast and the world is somewhere else. A bit like Joseph Koots was.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    I use to think as Lion beer as the beer of last resort. When everything else is gone and taste buds are toast and the world is somewhere else. A bit like Joseph Koots was.
    Back in the day of Fax Jokes...The making of JK beer was pictured with a horse pissing into the Vat.

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Busweiser is a nice Beer...well I like it. You're correct in your assumption that Lion red is shit...because it is. I change my beer every few weeks or so, Heineken sometimes Corona...sometimes Asahi and even Stella. I will drink a cold Waikato on hot day also..Fingers crossed I can get my hands on some Asahi Black beer soon, it is a gorgeous beer, not available in Liquor stores and it's brewed in Japan unlike the Asahi Dry which is brewed in Aussie.
    Better avoid that Corona. Apparently it's got a virus.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Hello Maha, nice to hear from you, Try Steinlager Tokyo dry its bloody nice. All the best to you and mom!! cheers

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Hello Maha, nice to hear from you, Try Steinlager Tokyo dry its bloody nice. All the best to you and mom!! cheers
    Cheers Murray...I will try it, though Steinlager used to give me a banging' headache.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Cheers Murray...I will try it, though Steinlager used to give me a banging' headache.
    Yep me too!!!! But the Tokyo dry is different from the usual steinie

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    Wow names I havnt heard in years how you going crasher you still peddling bikes in Welly?

Thread Information