Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Everything is looking orange

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The article posted by Katman is interesting, if at odds with everything I ever read previously. The author claims to be an ecological criminologist (that's a new one) so it may be entirely coincidental that he concludes that the environmental damage is caused by criminals.

In 1968 I was in a night charter flight across Australia, Sydney to Darwin, and seem to recall that there was almost always a fire in sight. That too was a bad year. There is hardly anybody living in most of the area we flew over so who the Hell is lighting the fires is a bit of a mystery.
    I'd be inclined to take the word of an ecological criminologist (even if that's a new one) from Monash University over your little 1968 night charter flight anecdote though.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd be inclined to take the word of an ecological criminologist (even if it's a new one) from Monash University over your little 1968 night charter flight anecdote though.
    Of course you are.

I'm not saying your new hero is wrong, but the previous commonly held view was that the fires are part of the Australian ecological system. The gum trees survive the fires, when (if?) the rains come the potash from the burn makes the ground more fertile for new growth.

Perhaps an ecological criminologist has something in common with a guy who just has a hammer. To such a guy everything looks like a nail.

It would also be interesting to know how much funding he receives from the fossil fuel industry?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    One other perplexing thing about yesterday's orange sky in Auckland. There were reportedly a large number of calls to the Police about the phenomenon. What is it with these people?
    What do they expect the police to do?

Are these the same sort of people who ring 111 because their pizza delivery is taking too long?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    One other perplexing thing about yesterday's orange sky. There were reportedly a large number of calls to the Police about the phenomenon. What is it with these people?
    What do they expect the police to do?

Are these the same sort of people who ring 111 because their pizza delivery is taking too long?

Thats what happens when you doom propagandize people with complete bullshit ala greta and co.

They become sheep and have to ask which blade of grass they should eat in case they forget to eat.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    What about the 200+ people that have been arrested for arson?

Probably half of them are greens voters too. With another good percentage being kids that probably listened to Greta's last podcast.

In the articles one guy started 7 fires!!!

http://thedailychrenk.com/2020/01/03...-arson-crisis/
    No. Every fire was started by someone paid by the coal industry to make it look like it was a greenie or a greta fan.
    I can prove it without a doubt to as I have documents from a secret lab that I am not prepared to name, but does exist

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I have memories of drinks coming in glass bottles that we took back for recycling, water came from the tap.
    Groceries used to come in paper bags.
    I think we had one phone that lasted for years.
    Used to walk or ride a bicycle to school.
    Takeaways were wrapped up in newspapers.
    Stuff was expensive so it lasted for years.

I wonder if the consumers have any part to play?
    So true. The goggle wise Youth today are quick to blame their parents generation for the state of the planet but no one when I was a youth ever needed a plastic bottle to drink from every 3 to 8 minutes to avoid instant death by dehydration and said bottle must be discarded or dumped at the roadside/river/lake/bush. Or a personal computer or plastic phone glued to their face that must be thrown away annually for a new one- made from oil extracted from the ground.

Every day I walk my dog along the Waikanae river mouth and beach and I carrying a bag to pick up mostly RTD cans and RTD glass bottles and plastic bottles that I very much doubt anyone from my generation dumped. I use a supermarket bag and re-use it as many times as possible then ensure it off to the landfill, not littered.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    So true. The goggle wise Youth today are quick to blame their parents generation for the state of the planet but no one when I was a youth ever needed a plastic bottle to drink from every 3 to 8 minutes to avoid instant death by dehydration and said bottle must be discarded or dumped at the roadside/river/lake/bush. Or a personal computer or plastic phone glued to their face that must be thrown away annually for a new one- made from oil extracted from the ground.

Every day I walk my dog along the Waikanae river mouth and beach and I carrying a bag to pick up mostly RTD cans and RTD glass bottles and plastic bottles that I very much doubt anyone from my generation dumped. I use a supermarket bag and re-use it as many times as possible then ensure it off to the landfill, not littered.
    I think may be you have missed the point of the kids and that Greta chicks protest. They are not blaming the previous generation for ruining the environment, they are blaming them for being gutless and not doing anything about it now.

I get the antagonism, but the kids are just asking us to man up. And it's working.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    I disagree that plastics use is linked to age, or the implication that climate change is only/primarily about plastics.

Climate change is a global issue with long-term implications. The scientific evidence is that the impacts we are already seeing are increasing, with the distinct possibility of chaotic/step changes ahead due to the complexities of our 'system' - the biosphere. The science is quite clear that human activity has and is still affecting the biosphere: what we're seeing is not just the natural climatic variation.

Those 'long-term implications' are obviously of more direct concern to the younger and future generations, than to us oldies ... but that's not so say we are careless, or that all kids are petrified about it. We can all do our bit. Whinging about youngers discarding RTD containers doesn't help.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    I think may be you have missed the point of the kids and that Greta chicks protest. They are not blaming the previous generation for ruining the environment, they are blaming them for being gutless and not doing anything about it now.

I get the antagonism, but the kids are just asking us to man up. And it's working.
    Maybe they could set an example to the older generation by riding a bicycle or catching the bus to school & home again, instead of having mummy run the car in & out twice a day to run their hypocritical entitled asses about the place.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Maybe they could set an example to the older generation by riding a bicycle or catching the bus to school & home again, instead of having mummy run the car in & out twice a day to run their hypocritical entitled asses about the place.
    Maybe they are already working on this. Have you looked into it or are you just guessing what you want to believe. Try looking at good examples and putting them forward for comment. You just may help and grow as a person.
    Climate change caused by humans s a thing. Its everyone's responsibility.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Car...... they wouldn't be seen dead in a sedan, it has to be a Massive SUV.
    To be fair its a lot of the mum that say they have to be picked up.

The firesor there being impact over here is certainly not a new thing. The glaciers over here have certain areas that mark the bush fires and the dust storms. Much like rings on a tree.

Funny, old Katman never mentioned this fella
    https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/...16-p53b69.html

Trains can cause a fair few fires both here and Aussie we had one a few years ago nearby and one that took out the line to CHCH for ages a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    aprilia

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I have memories of drinks coming in glass bottles that we took back for recycling, water came from the tap.
    Groceries used to come in paper bags.
    I think we had one phone that lasted for years.
    Used to walk or ride a bicycle to school.
    Takeaways were wrapped up in newspapers.
    Stuff was expensive so it lasted for years.

I wonder if the consumers have any part to play?
    And yet the owners of production are from the same generation. Kind of ironic that the very same paragons of virtue also instilled the modern day culture in their families that they bitch and moan about so much today whilst at the same time crowing about personal responsibility and the likes. Lunacy by any other name, but apparently accepted as normal
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    aprilia

Bike
    aprilia
    ^^ LMAO

4chan got her nudes and doxxed the shit out of her and the thread has already disappeared off 4chan....

If anyone finds it/them PM me. purely 4 investigative purposes of course....

Thread Information