Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest ACC TV Ads

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor

Latest ACC TV Ads

I have been watching Sky Sport coverage of the NZ v Aust 3rd Cricket Test and during a couple of advertisement breaks have noted two new ACC Motorcycling advertisements.
    Anyone else seen them?

One add has an easy on the eye young lady riding some kind of café racer thing on nice open switchback roads with her voiceover explaining how riding bikes for her is about being smooth and controlled and looking professional while riding.
    Second one is some grizzled looking dude riding a rather lovely F1 Ducati in an urban environment with his voiceover explaining how riding for him is about being at one and in tune with his bike while riding.

Obviously im paraphrasing (ads were usually on while once again NZ batsmen were walking back to the pavilion...) so may have missed a few bits here and there.
    Initial impressions are they don't hammer the "speed kills" ad nauseum that is usually ignored but is obviously being alluded to.Well made and thought provoking and good to see motorcycling being portrayed in a positive light on the telly.

Not sure if they are being played on free TV as yet tho???

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Yes, have seen the one with the bloke on free-to-air.

In light of the "speed kills", John Cadogan has a few words to say on the matter...

Part two he discusses how to improve tactics...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Seen both on TV, and I am *not* watching the cricket. There's also a new one appearing on YouTube, warning riders that they are "invisible".
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I've not seen the adverts in question but from the sounds of it their message is a welcome one.

As for John Cadogan - I watch his stuff on YouTube rather a lot. He makes a lot of sense even if his style is something of a turn off at times.

A simple rule that was taught to me when learning to drive/ride - 'Every time you get behind the wheel/bars remember, this is the most important thing in your whole life right now because if you screw it up, none of the other stuff will matter very much.'

It works for me.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Interesting.

They are NZTA ads, not ACC ads.

I've watched them on the interweb. Slick production, nice ads. Just not sure what the point is.

Call to action? Smoothe is the new fast?

Bike
    Old Bikes
    Smooth has always been fast Rastus!

I think the the ads are a nod to two generations riding. The old and the new. Maybe a push to get riders into smaller bikes and emphasise fun over speed.
    Last edited by Ginge09; 6th January 2020 at 17:35. Reason: Gramma

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    They are on NZTA website and their YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/OwIO7ifsR4s

Tony from Experience Motorcycle on BMW R9T.

Bike

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginge09 View Post
    Smooth has always been fast Rastus!

I think the the ads are a nod to two generations riding. The old and the new. Maybe a push to get riders into smaller bikes and emphasise fun over speed.
    The hipster on the R Nine T. Nice.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    seen three versions on TV. At first I did wonder what message they were trying to send but I agree with the smooth is good and let's celebrate it's not the usual 'speed is responsible for all evils on earth'. Great to see the bikes being ridden on twisties while the riders stayed well inside their own lane- that's the most important message all our road users need to learn.
    Well done NZTA
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    I've noticed a few awareness ads on the back of the buses this week in Auckland. Kind of ironic that buses are usually the one that pull out without looking for bikes first.

Ads say, turning right? Spot the rider, not the gap.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Those specific ads, plus the ones about speeding, drunk/drugged driving and other aspects of road safety, really stand out for me ... but, I must say, the average production quality of NZ TV ads is absolutely abysmal, in other words the bar is so low it's almost underground. I guess they've spent some money.

Unlike most NZ spoon-feeding ads, they make us think (and debate!). What is the ad about? What is the message? What has it got to do with me? What does it mean to me? What do I make of it? What should I do about it?

That said, I appreciate that only part of the target audience will be addressed by thinking-ads ... so I wonder about the rest, those who don't understand or accept the messages.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Yes, have seen the one with the bloke on free-to-air.

In light of the "speed kills", John Cadogan has a few words to say on the matter...

Part two he discusses how to improve tactics...
    Cheers for that, very illuminating.

Now if his 5 points could be bundled up and put into 5 x 30 second safety advertisements on TV then maybe we could take NZ Govt Road Safety initiatives seriously.

Instead we get speed,drunk/drug, seat belt and cellphone use safety ads as Mr Cadogan so rightly points out that any moron should know is so much easier to do... I wonder why?

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    ...Now if his 5 points could be bundled up and put into 5 x 30 second safety advertisements on TV then maybe we could take NZ Govt Road Safety initiatives seriously...
    Absolutely agree.

Perhaps RastusCat could take that thought - 5 tactics that drivers could use to make their journey safer - to his new position.

We already have rider training [Ride4Ever courtesy of ACC] and this new advertising campaign from NZTA, so the "5 tactics" this could be seen as driver "refresher" courtesy of NZTA as part of their campaign to reduce road deaths.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Absolutely agree.

Perhaps RastusCat could take that thought - 5 tactics that drivers could use to make their journey safer - to his new position.

We already have rider training [Ride4Ever courtesy of ACC] and this new advertising campaign from NZTA, so the "5 tactics" this could be seen as driver "refresher" courtesy of NZTA as part of their campaign to reduce road deaths.
    It's also broadly part of Police Roadcraft!

Thread Information