Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia Fire storm.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Why do you need bigger farm? And the value will not increase unless it is profitable. Bigger production from bigger farms is to meet bigger demand from population.

Now it's a different equation if you say the farm is bigger for lifestyle reasons because you would rather have a 10 acre lawn than a 200 sq meter one.
    "Need" never enters the equation. Buy cheap forested property. Clear it and sell it ... at a large profit. No farming experience needed.

Usual business practice.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    And while the ferocity of these fires is most likely due to the excessive heat that has been experienced over there already this summer, humans are still the principle contributor to their occurrence - not climate change.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    The greed that causes people to clear forests to dig shit out of the ground.

The greed that causes people to clear forests to plant way more palm tree plantations than the world ever needs.

It's the same greed that sees us pulling fossil fuels out of the ground faster than we're ever going to need them.
    Is that that same greed that sees you consume more bikes than you need?
    So you also Live in a house with with no more bedrooms than you have people needing beds , I assume you are also not consuming any of these naughty goods as a protest and have forsaken all luxuries including alcohol coffee chocolate and illicit drugs.
    Plus your vehicle are strictly for necessity use, rather than pleasure and run on bio-fuel grown exclusively in your backyard.
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    So what's your solution for greed?

To me greed in vacuum cannot be sustained, there has to be demand for whatever you are peddling. If the demand doesn't exist, you create it. One of the natural ways of increased demand is increasing number of mouths to feed or bodies to be charged around (burning such dug up fuel). If you dig up fuel without demand for it, there is no real profit to be had for the greed satisfaction (that's why OPEC reduces supply when prices drop).

Fundamental component for me is the ever increasing humans on this Earth, compounded by everyone wanting to have the next best toy available. Throwaway culture and over population.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    …..
    And here he is.

Bike
    aprilia
    And while the ferocity of these fires is most likely due to the excessive heat that has been experienced over there already this summer, humans are still the principle contributor to their occurrence - not climate change.

Yeah the 186 (that they've actually CAUGHT!!!) that lit the fires are the issue.

If Scott Morrison is smart he should launch the biggest criminal investigation in Australia's history and round all these people up.... But he wont.

I mean its not difficult to assume if they've CAUGHT 186 people then theres probably a shit load more than that actually responsible.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    There is evidence for natural climate change.
    There is evidence for man made climate change.

All that is then left to discuss is how we prepare for climate change irrespective of how it is driven... or indeed take the politically expedient approach and bury ones head in the sand, coz that is exponentially easier than arguing over the causes of climate change when we clearly intend to do nothing about it. There's an irony or two in there somewhere........
    With an increasing human population ... an increasing need to feed and clothe them .... plus the effect that increase in population has on our planet.

Our simple survival is at risk. Simple solution ... reduce the numbers. Volunteers might be needed to slow the changes ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    With an increasing human population ... an increasing need to feed and clothe them .... plus the effect that increase in population has on our planet.

Our simple survival is at risk. Simple solution ... reduce the numbers. Volunteers might be needed to slow the changes ...
    Don't forget longer life expectancy as well. People are living much longer than they were 100 years ago.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Don't forget longer life expectancy as well. People are living much longer than they were 100 years ago.
    I'm fairly sure the chemicals they're pumping into our foods and environment these days will take care of that trend.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Yes the dickheads started the fires, but putting them out is now a bigger problem than it ever was.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    You're probably not old enough to remember that we were all going to die in the '70's when the USA or Russia pressed some magic button somewhere.
    They really had the gullible & stupid believing that the whole world could be ended by some bloke pressing presumably a red button.
    I imagine it would have had one of those little flip down covers currently favoured by boy racers, to prevent it being deployed by accident.
    I do remember it, thanks for thinking I am young.

Red button is a different scenario than the climate change/ environmental crisis though. It is happening and the thing that breaks my heart the most is the habitat destruction, it's just not fair. Humans need to stop thinking we are the supreme beings on this rock.

Bike
    I'm fairly sure the chemicals they're pumping into our foods and environment these days will take care of that trend.
    So the planet will strike a natural equilibrium on population over time for what is sustainable and not? Increased natural catastrophes will reduce the population naturally to a level that is workable. How long will it take though?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    I do remember it, thanks for thinking I am young.

Red button is a different scenario than the climate change/ environmental crisis though. It is happening and the thing that breaks my heart the most is the habitat destruction, it's just not fair. Humans need to stop thinking we are the supreme beings on this rock.
    Yup, fairly selfish view of the world. Resources are just for humans to consume, including all the animals and plants.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    So the planet will strike a natural equilibrium on population over time for what is sustainable and not? Increased natural catastrophes will reduce the population naturally to a level that is workable. How long will it take though?
    Yeah but by that stage who would want to live here, there's more to earth than just what concerns humans.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Increased natural catastrophes will reduce the population naturally to a level that is workable. How long will it take though?
    The Earth will probably decide that.

Thread Information