Thread: Christchurch. Want a job riding a motorbike each day?

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike

Christchurch. Want a job riding a motorbike each day?

Hey riders ... if you are in between jobs or want a change of pace, my boss at DX Mail here in Christchurch asked me if I'd put the word out here that we have a couple of motorbike postie positions available now. (Also one part-time I think.) It's a pretty cool job with flexibility around when you work, e.g. I start work at 6am sorting my mail and am usually home by 3.30 after delivery although many start earlier and some later than that as suits them. Minimal stress once you learn the job and when you're out on the bike in the fresh air, no one gets to tell you what to do. Great job for us aging grumps. If you want to know more, just ask questions here or message me. Obviously, you need a bike license and it helps if you aren't too short due to the numpties that put their letter boxes on tall posts. I've been there nearly two years and I still find myself laughing that I'm being paid to ride a bike! Cheers! https://www.dxmail.co.nz/
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Love it brother here in Pammy I be tempted go down south one day. I ride ct but others have gns .great bike.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Love it brother here in Pammy I be tempted go down south one day. I ride ct but others have gns .great bike.
    The CT is a great wee bike. So nimble!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    The CT is a great wee bike. So nimble!
    Yeah turns much better than the gn.which is fine.but CT more confidence inspiring .I done 20 thou on new bike in 8 months .still sounds new.got nice low down mid range.
    I love my little Honda CT .

Bike
    Yeah. I struggled to ride my 600 after spending time on the CT so in the end I sold it without shedding a tear. Best bike I owned but after riding the CT all day, it felt like riding a big lump of concrete. (Sold it because of the financial effect of my earlier redundancy, not because it wasn't as much fun as the CT).

Bike
    Sold
    Yeah. I struggled to ride my 600 after spending time on the CT so in the end I sold it without shedding a tear. Best bike I owned but after riding the CT all day, it felt like riding a big lump of concrete. (Sold it because of the financial effect of my earlier redundancy, not because it wasn't as much fun as the CT).
    You do not have to explain, we all do what we have to do - those boxes on actung's bike look enormous (like a curtain truck!) I could carry my lunch in them! - Are they standard?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    You do not have to explain, we all do what we have to do - those boxes on actung's bike look enormous (like a curtain truck!) I could carry my lunch in them! - Are they standard?
    Yep. I keep my own personal gear in the top one and mail in the panniers unless it's a really busy day then the overflow goes in the top. Most days the panniers are fairly full or close to it. I generally stop at 800 small letters plus some bigger stuff but I have gone as high as 950 smalls plus others. The hard stuff is when schools put out their prospectuses (prospectii?) because they are heavy. Things can get quite wobbly if you have a few of them sitting in the bin on the handlebars as well as 30 or so in the panniers.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah never thought like that vfr 750 steering felt so wooden and like u said .we gone to those bigger square box just recently .I have sit on front the seat seat better on CT too.
    Actually side winds windy days box's aren't a problem . But I always relaxed light hold on the bars anyways.when I have big mail rates I done 2000 but big run for me 600 per run .but bike does feel bit top heavy if alot weight in top box .have low in side panniers

Bike
    too many but never enough
    I know this thread is a couple of months old now but do you know if they are still looking for staff? What is a typical income for this job? Cheers.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by testastretta View Post
    I know this thread is a couple of months old now but do you know if they are still looking for staff? What is a typical income for this job? Cheers.
    Pmd you.

10 chars

Thread Information