Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fbmc 2020

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Humm, beer stop! Now then, where do ya reckon?
    Putaruru Pub, maybe?
    No boozer in Arapuni.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    ummmm this country boy is struggling, searched Beach road McD's and came up empty... and street view is no help as lots under construction, McD's site has one at 2 britomart or Quay street or queen street.......what am I missing?

Shoulder will need to improve, jared it again today, longest day since I have been back on the big bike is 200 k's and the end of that ride wasn't flash

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    ummmm this country boy is struggling, searched Beach road McD's and came up empty... and street view is no help as lots under construction, McD's site has one at 2 britomart or Quay street or queen street.......what am I missing?

Shoulder will need to improve, jared it again today, longest day since I have been back on the big bike is 200 k's and the end of that ride wasn't flash
    Op's I was wrong, never happened before.
    It's the Quay Street Mc Donalds, on the waterfront, opposite the container terminal.
    See here for the link to a map.
    Look after that shoulder Leathel, it's got a long way to go on Sunday me ol mate.

Bike
    Now I know there are hundreds of Fat Bikers still out there in KB Land, come on guys and girls, weather is going to be perfect, not too hot, not too cold, destination is top notch and your ride leader and TEC are more than capable of getting you all there and back safely and all the while having some fun.
    I imagine there will be the traditional stop by the river in Ngarawhahia for pics and a pit stop, then down through the back way to Te Awamutu, then over to Viands in Kihikihi.
    After that and on the way home, over the Arapuni dam and up through Putaruru, possibly a stop there for a cold drink of your choice, then homeward bound.
    Lets Be Having you!

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    Maybe Okoroire Hotel for refreshment after Viands? Can't think of anything suitable in Putaruru.

Sent from my BV9700Pro using Tapatalk

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUB View Post
    Maybe Okoroire Hotel for refreshment after Viands? Can't think of anything suitable in Putaruru.

Yep, that, or the Te Poi, a little gem of a pub that Ratbag and I frequent everytime we go that way!

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Te Poi might be tempting fate for John........ the last time two those to spots....well that changed things for him a tad ...........

If I can get another meet point down this way even if its down at Ngarawhahia where the rivers meet that I join in,I should be able to wing it, the extra 120 k's to get to and back from Auckland will be a bit much for the shoulder

Bike
    Te Poi is forbidden territory for me. TIA (mini stroke) last time (4 years ago). Haven't tempted fate since!!

Bike
    Found out how to turn off that stupid signature. Who gives a shit what phone I use!

Bike
    Te Poi is forbidden territory for me. TIA (mini stroke) last time (4 years ago). Haven't tempted fate since!!

Ah, well thats settled then, Oko it is.
    Now, if only my Crystal Ball would tell me how many lurkers are coming along, I'd be a happy wee vegiemite.

Bike
    Looks like me and you so far with Leathel riding part way. Have the rest of the Fatties been on diets? Maybe they're eating Paleo or Keto now. Me, I'm still on pies, just injecting enough insulin to compensate. If I can do it I'm sure others can.

Now I just need to decide whether to bring the Thunderbird, K1200RS or the Goldwing trike. All have rego at the moment .

Bike

Thumbs up

Looks like me and you so far with Leathel riding part way. Have the rest of the Fatties been on diets? Maybe they're eating Paleo or Keto now. Me, I'm still on pies, just injecting enough insulin to compensate. If I can do it I'm sure others can.

Now I just need to decide whether to bring the Thunderbird, K1200RS or the Goldwing trike. All have rego at the moment .
    Spoilt for chopice, but what a wonderful conundrum.
    Se you two tomorrow.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I'll come - looks like a great day in the Waikato and I've always wondered what the pub was like at Okoroire. Should be at Maccas about 9:30 on a blue R1.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I'll come - looks like a great day in the Waikato and I've always wondered what the pub was like at Okoroire. Should be at Maccas about 9:30 on a blue R1.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    And he did.
    Three FBMC Machines left Macca's at 10am sharp.
    Caught up with Leathal at the Riverside park in Ngarawahia, then on to Viands where an old stalawart ol Flubby was awaiting us.
    Enjoyed the pies and the chin wagging, in the shade and then with a wonderful Nonda Gold Wing Trike, piloted with great Aplomb by Flubber, we were off to Okoroire for a coldie.
    Weather, Perfect.
    Present riders, in good form and exhibiting calm and unruffled poise all Day.
    Destinations, Ngarawhaia, Viands, Arapuni Swing Bridge, Okororie Hotel, all brilliant and offering great experiences for all.
    To those of you who didn't see the FBMC 2020 thread, the FBMC Ride Notification on the daily event calendar on the home page, or the FBMC Group page invite, sorry, next time maybe.

The next FBMC ride will be on SUNDAY THE 8th OF MARCH 2020.
    Starting at the Now Z Petrol Station on the left of the off ramp on top of the Bombays. It is usual to mob up behind the shop beside their cardboard cupboard lock up (small windowless timber cage)
    It is going to be a 10am ride off, so get there ahead of time, gas up, fuel the body (pies, cakes, coffee) have a chat with the others and be ready to go at 10am sharp!
    Destination. The L & P Cafe Paeroa, via Kaiaua, Miranda, Kerepehi, Netherton and on to In, um,Paeroa.
    Through town to the BIG L&P Bottle for the obligatory Photo Shot then, back via Te Aroha, Ta Huna, Te Hoe , Ararimu.
    Motorway was buggered at 6.30pm just past Ararimu, stopped it was, no matter off at Ramaramaq, under the motorway at Drury and home via Papakura.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1324[1].jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	923.9 KB 
ID:	344612

Bike
    A couple more pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1331[1].jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	899.4 KB 
ID:	344613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1329[1].jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	927.6 KB 
ID:	344614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1328[1].jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	917.8 KB 
ID:	344615

Thread Information