Thread: How can I register my GT 125

Bike
    GT 125 1974

How can I register my GT 125

Hi, just bought a gt 125 and want to get it back on the road. It was sold without rego but it does have the plate, as of now I don't have any other papers. If anyone knows places in Auckland that are good for getting a WOF on old bikes that would be appreciated too as I have another bike needing a renew on the that.

Cheers

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by JBDR View Post
    Hi, just bought a gt 125 and want to get it back on the road. It was sold without rego but it does have the plate, as of now I don't have any other papers. If anyone knows places in Auckland that are good for getting a WOF on old bikes that would be appreciated too as I have another bike needing a renew on the that.

Cheers
    ...there is a little more to it than that...having a plate helps...there is a complete library of info on this stuff on here...maybe someone who knows the navigational skills needed to find this stuff may lead you in to the info you require...or... go and talk to the bureaucrats who give you the bottom line...then proceed.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Yep ... VTNZ are the people to talk to.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    And then learn how to dump the clutch to bring the front up.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Old Bikes
    No point into getting it to WOF standard until you know you can register it.

Start by understanding renewing the rego. Take photo of old plate, any frame and engine numbers, the bike generally and any sale docs down to VTNZ or NZTA inspector and have a chat.

Old plate needs to be linked to old frame:engine numbers I think, otherwise it’s just any old black plate that may or may not belong. It may still be in the system. If not ( and you can’t link old plate to bike with historic docs ) then you’re possibly better off revinning on a new plate.

Revinning on a new plate means proving ownership, and proving first registered in NZ ( or has been complianced via import).

It all depends on the bike’s history and what provenance you can obtain. Have a chat to a Suzuki dealer. They might have old records they can access to prove original import direct to NZ. Find a dealer with a crusty old bloke in the parts department that might care about old GT’s.
    Ginge

Thread Information