Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riders that are also douches

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    That is also what I was taught. Problem is when the car is suddenly hitting you without notice. Ended in a shattered femur for me.
    Yeah, I was thinking that the handle bars could do bad things to the legs as they went past. Still' better than ramming the car head first and making yourself two or three feet shorter.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that the handle bars could do bad things to the legs as they went past. Still' better than ramming the car head first and making yourself two or three feet shorter.
    No left bar on my bike, my left leg is happy about this.

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    No left bar on my bike, my left leg is happy about this.
    Ironically I fucked my left leg.....
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    The Motogp season would be pretty short if that were the case. And yes the racetrack doesn't have cars and lampposts, but the road doesn't always either.
    I'm not sure there are many coming off at more than 200kph. And when they do there are kitty litter and extra air bag fences and loooooong runoffs and they are wearing airbag leathers. I have no wish to test it but I think even in a MotoGP suit if you come off on a new zealand road at that speed then you are fucked.

Having said that, this is worth a look: 337kph. I'd forgotten it completely:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/...lemetry/161522

Oh, and Oliviera last year.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...6mph-fp4-crash 186mph = 300kph give or take.

Dunno, maybe I am wrong.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I'm not sure there are many coming off at more than 200kph. And when they do there are kitty litter and extra air bag fences and loooooong runoffs and they are wearing airbag leathers. I have no wish to test it but I think even in a MotoGP suit if you come off on a new zealand road at that speed then you are fucked.

Having said that, this is worth a look: 337kph. I'd forgotten it completely:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/...lemetry/161522

Oh, and Oliviera last year.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...6mph-fp4-crash 186mph = 300kph give or take.

Dunno, maybe I am wrong.
    I am pretty sure the speed will not kill you the suddenness of the stopping might.
    Most survive falls at the IOM, NZ roads are likely safer than a lot of the TT course (minus the oncoming cars of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I read in a magazine many years ago that if such a situation is imminent you should stand on the pegs. This will hopefully allow you to sail gracefully over the car rather than crash head first into it. Hopefully.

This is apparently a technique used by movie stunt riders, who having practiced, can time it just right.
    Yep, the better option. That's what I did in 1978 when the car I was following suddenly swerved left and stopped in a car park space. Me thinks, he's parked up. Nope. He saw his parents on the other side of the road and decided to do a quick u turn to say hello without looking behind him. I swerved to the right across the centreline (it was clear) as he pulled out from the curb hoping my squealing tyres would give him a clue that someone was using the road he was about to block. Nope, he just felt privileged and entitled to block both sides of any road, anywhere, anytime. I T-boned the centre pillar of his car on the other side of the road by that point, but I realised it was all over trying to brake or go around him, so I stood up a second before impact with a bit of a jump to get over his roof. Perfectly executed, my mint Honda 750 Four totalled his car while I passed safely overhead, feeling nothing more harmful than the gentle warm summer breeze lightly caressing my body.
    Landing on the other hand hadn't been perfected and I broke my femur on impact. I still believe I would have been far worse off or dead if I had stayed on the seat.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Pani
    Hes a bloody legend

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Yep, the better option. That's what I did in 1978 when the car I was following suddenly swerved left and stopped in a car park space. Me thinks, he's parked up. Nope. He saw his parents on the other side of the road and decided to do a quick u turn to say hello without looking behind him. I swerved to the right across the centreline (it was clear) as he pulled out from the curb hoping my squealing tyres would give him a clue that someone was using the road he was about to block. Nope, he just felt privileged and entitled to block both sides of any road, anywhere, anytime. I T-boned the centre pillar of his car on the other side of the road by that point, but I realised it was all over trying to brake or go around him, so I stood up a second before impact with a bit of a jump to get over his roof. Perfectly executed, my mint Honda 750 Four totalled his car while I passed safely overhead, feeling nothing more harmful than the gentle warm summer breeze lightly caressing my body.
    Landing on the other hand hadn't been perfected and I broke my femur on impact. I still believe I would have been far worse off or dead if I had stayed on the seat.
    Following too close?

Thread Information