Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road info needed

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadbury View Post
    I went up Whanganui River Rd through to Raetihi and that was all pretty good, no idea about 43 or the Paraparas.
    Whanganui River Road to Pipiriki is one I haven't done for awhile I might do more of a coastal ride down SH3 to Whanganui then follow the river, turn off at national park, around Lake Taupo & home
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    2009 ST1300
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    Whanganui River Road to Pipiriki is one I haven't done for awhile I might do more of a coastal ride down SH3 to Whanganui then follow the river, turn off at national park, around Lake Taupo & home
    Its all sealed, but not very wide in places, and plenty of areas of possible rock fall from the cliffs above so not a road on which to throw caution to the wind. Plus its very pretty, so take your time and enjoy the scenery while keeping at least one eye out for unexpected debris on the road surface/camper vans taking up more than their fair share of the road...

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Its all sealed, but not very wide in places, and plenty of areas of possible rock fall from the cliffs above so not a road on which to throw caution to the wind. Plus its very pretty, so take your time and enjoy the scenery while keeping at least one eye out for unexpected debris on the road surface/camper vans taking up more than their fair share of the road...
    its been a few years since I last went through there so it don't sound like much has changed plus I'm in no rush
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I rode it in 2017 after some big slips had been cleared and the road was pretty rough in places. I expect it is in better condition now.

I agree about taking your time. You never know what you'll find around the next corner, including locals who drive like they own the road. And there are some spectacular views.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thread Information