Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road info needed

Bike
    he's back !!!

Road info needed

Gidday all, can anyone give me some insight into current road conditions on the below roads please

SH43 - I know there was some slip repairs been done but unsure of which side of the Moki tunnel it is

Gentle Annie - I know its sealed all the way through now but what's it like currently?

Parapara's - A detour is in place but what is it like, is there much of a hold up ?

I have a week off soon & want to do some riding using the above roads, any info is gladly appreciated
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    2009 ST1300
    I rode through the Gentle Annie on Friday last week; it was primo, don't recall any road surface conditions that concerned me barring some sheep poo where stock had been moved on the road.

I went up Whanganui River Rd through to Raetihi and that was all pretty good, no idea about 43 or the Paraparas.

I used Ongo Rd from Hunterville through to Fordell and Whanganui and that was a beauty; it is signposted to Whanganui further along, just watch for the sign for the first left fork.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadbury View Post
    I rode through the Gentle Annie on Friday last week; it was primo, don't recall any road surface conditions that concerned me barring some sheep poo where stock had been moved on the road.

I went up Whanganui River Rd through to Raetihi and that was all pretty good, no idea about 43 or the Paraparas.

I used Ongo Rd from Hunterville through to Fordell and Whanganui and that was a beauty; it is signposted to Whanganui further along, just watch for the sign for the first left fork.
    Awesome

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    2 weeks back did Wangas to Fordel, Hunterville. Great stuff, then Gentle Annie fro m TieHappy direction, even better than the other way especially near the top where you can slam it down a bit. Keeping in mind that it is a road
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    2 weeks back did Wangas to Fordel, Hunterville. Great stuff, then Gentle Annie fro m TieHappy direction, even better than the other way especially near the top where you can slam it down a bit. Keeping in mind that it is a road
    CHUR !!

Bike
    he's back !!!

I was thinking of Te Awamutu to Whangamomona via Ahiti/Mt Dampner rd then Whanganui River Rd & home, should work out to be a great day ride @719km, the next day I was thinking of doing Te Awamutu to Taihape via National park, Gentle Annie/Hastings, Napier/Taupo then Home another great day ride @670km

my 3rd day of riding I had Te Awamutu to Coromandel clockwise/ Tauranga/ Whakatane Ohope back home via Taneatua/ lake Rotoma/Rotorua still a great day ride @648km

these are roads I haven't been through for awhile so if the weather plays ball all 3 rides should be Awesome

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Those are long days depending on the roads. Are you an early riser?

All very well I guess but it does seem to interfere with irresponsible drinking and responsible recovery time.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

All very well I guess but it does seem to interfere with irresponsible drinking and responsible recovery time.
    Yeah and do you have a "No Sore Arse"technique for staying on a bike that long?????
    LOL, pleased to see there are still some Hard barstards out there, good roads, great rides, but seriously, me,these days with wifey on her bike, they're all 2 days rides and they become bloody good fun with her along, hope you've got a ride partner too.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    His username might be a clue ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Yeah ! well accustomed to long days in the saddle ( ride a Connie ), did TA to Kaikohe & back via some AWESOME Northland ROADS !!! New Years day LOve early morning riding

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Yeah and do you have a "No Sore Arse"technique for staying on a bike that long?????
    LOL, pleased to see there are still some Hard barstards out there, good roads, great rides, but seriously, me,these days with wifey on her bike, they're all 2 days rides and they become bloody good fun with her along, hope you've got a ride partner too.
    Got me a ride partner who is happy for me to do some long days as long as I still find time for her & I blessed with some great roads in the Waikato

Bike
    suzuki

the wanganui river road also has a gentle annie title

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post

Parapara's - A detour is in place but what is it like, is there much of a hold up ?

I have a week off soon & want to do some riding using the above roads, any info is gladly appreciated
    parapara is business as usual again, slow bit for a couple of hundred meters where the slip was but it's been blessed by the local mud people and won't hurt you

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    slow bit for a couple of hundred meters where the slip was but it's been blessed by the local mud people and won't hurt you
    is that meant to be a funny comment?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    is that meant to be a funny comment?
    i find anyone who is over ten years old and has an invisible friend they need to guide them through life amusing simply.

Thread Information