Thread: Newbie from Spain

Bike
    Still to get one

Cool Newbie from Spain

Kia ora everyone,

My name is Álvaro and I come from sunny Spain (although ironically from the rainy side of it). I’ve been in NZ already for almost two years already and I’ve been amazed by the local scenery.

I’ve thinking for a while to get my motorcycle license and I’ve finally made up my mind and said that it’s time to do it this year. Actually, I’m going to get it this weekend.

However, as a new rider I will be pretty scared to go around Auckland with my brand-new learners’ licence. I’d like to know if there are any mentors willing to go around during weekends. Or maybe people touring around Auckland.

Also, I need to get a LAMS approved motorbike, which I’ll be doing quite shortly. Therefore, I’m happy to receive tips about what’s the ideal beginner bike (for a budget conscious person).

Regards,
    Álvaro

Bike
    1981 yamaha XV1000

Cool Espanol !

Hi Alvaro, did you get a bike ? suzuki sv650 (naked,no fairing) is good. Watch Youtube-vids on learner-riding. The cruiser-riding instructions are good, and transferable to other bikes, especially the slow-speed and turning vids. Practice in large car-parks when no-ones around. Look up 'braking-techniques' too, helps you stay alive. Good luck

Bike
    R1200RT LC

Thread Information