Thread: Auckland Transport Biker safety Trial

Bike
    the one of my dreams

Auckland Transport Biker safety Trial

https://at.govt.nz/about-us/news-eve...iUMUWghBA7fY-U

Have to say it is good to see some positive news for us out of AT. Not so sure about the painted yellow hatchings. Could be another hazard to watch for in the wet?

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ust2b View Post
    https://at.govt.nz/about-us/news-eve...iUMUWghBA7fY-U

Have to say it is good to see some positive news for us out of AT. Not so sure about the painted yellow hatchings. Could be another hazard to watch for in the wet?

So that's why the yellow hatching has suddenly appeared at the top of our street, thought it was to reinforce the "don't block the junction" concept...

As for the hatchings being slippery, contact AT and raise it with the team undertaking the trial, it's all part of the feedback they need. The hatching is only on the general traffic lane not the bus lane so would/could be an issue outside of bus lane operating times.

Bike
    the one of my dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    So that's why the yellow hatching has suddenly appeared at the top of our street, thought it was to reinforce the "don't block the junction" concept...

As for the hatchings being slippery, contact AT and raise it with the team undertaking the trial, it's all part of the feedback they need. The hatching is only on the general traffic lane not the bus lane so would/could be an issue outside of bus lane operating times.
    We both need to provide that feedback. Paint has seen me crossed up sideways before today, ok for some, but not so cool for people that don't know how to ride it out.
    Any day above ground is a good day, Any moment alone with you
    Any day above ground is a good day and true

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by ust2b View Post
    We both need to provide that feedback. Paint has seen me crossed up sideways before today, ok for some, but not so cool for people that don't know how to ride it out.
    One of the first things I learnt when traveling from Hobbisonville to Havelock North every fortnight on my Honda CJ250 was to avoid any paint markings on the road, especially in the wet. That advise came from something called a book.

Nice see the local authorities are taking action and welcome feed back.

Thread Information