Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Gotten

  1. #31
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    6,513
    Call that an intro? That post looks like it was done by a 13 year old who has had too much shirbit.
    "Every time you set your ass on a bike, you're playing a game of Russian Roulette between yourself and your own stupidity."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    19th January 2020 - 15:58
    Bike
    the one of my dreams
    Location
    Just East of Paradise
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Call that an intro? That post looks like it was done by a 13 you old who has had too much shirbit.
    I am flattered.
    Any day above ground is a good day, Any moment alone with you
    Any day above ground is a good day and true

  3. #33
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Call that an intro? That post looks like it was done by a 13 you old who has had too much shirbit.
    Salty
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    6,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Salty
    When you are over 60 you get like that.
    "Every time you set your ass on a bike, you're playing a game of Russian Roulette between yourself and your own stupidity."

  5. #35
    Join Date
    13th February 2006 - 13:12
    Bike
    raptor 1000
    Location
    Dunedin
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by ust2b View Post
    Gotten. This word drives me crazy. Stupid American bastardisation of our written word.

    Example "And that's before we have even gotten into the fact that she was in a new country with no family and without her longtime, trusted circle of friends."

    gotten into the fact!!!??? The Editor should be fired.
    you must be guttered

  6. #36
    Join Date
    19th January 2020 - 15:58
    Bike
    the one of my dreams
    Location
    Just East of Paradise
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    you must be guttered
    Hey susse! One of my absolute, all time, best ever words. I am guttered to admit how much I love it... Guttering to see it yoused like this
    Any day above ground is a good day, Any moment alone with you
    Any day above ground is a good day and true

  7. #37
    Join Date
    10th December 2009 - 22:42
    Bike
    Honda Harley Suzuki Velocette and shit
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    2,967
    ...I'll begotten fame is fame nonetheless...I wonder if those who speak Espanol or Francais have such debates...I think not...we who speak a cobbled language of our Norse, Teutonic, Frankish and Brythonic ancestors don't really have an ownership of where or how our language evolves...it has always been a dialectic and situational progression of how it all works...evolution 101...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,310
    I can live with "gotten" but what really gets me going is hearing tv / radio people talking about "communiddy" or "eletriciddy" or any other word ending in ..'ity" (yes that too, but "tiddys" doesn't get used on radio much)
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    10th December 2009 - 22:42
    Bike
    Honda Harley Suzuki Velocette and shit
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I can live with "gotten"
    ...thank fuck for that...tiddy's is what babies want most and girls seem to be able to get over it at some point but boys never seem to...always been an eyes man myself, windows to the soul...

  10. #40
    Join Date
    25th January 2008 - 17:56
    Bike
    Nonda A Frecking Twin DCT
    Location
    Dorkland
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...thank fuck for that...tiddy's is what babies want most and girls seem to be able to get over it at some point but boys never seem to...always been an eyes man myself, windows to the soul...
    Na Tiddy's is where tits At!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

  11. #41
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I can live with "gotten" but what really gets me going is hearing tv / radio people talking about "communiddy" or "eletriciddy" or any other word ending in ..'ity" (yes that too, but "tiddys" doesn't get used on radio much)
    Thirdeen.....

    When you leave NZ for a while and then come back the accents and colloquialisms sound almost comical.
    Team America fuck yeah!!!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Thirdeen.....

    When you leave NZ for a while and then come back the accents and colloquialisms sound almost comical.
    Flight of the Conchords did ok with that...ill gotten gains?

    Some of those accents on American Pickers are a hoot, although I never can work out *how they make a profit with all the miles and time for a few low margin items



    * I do know as I have Googled it ( before someone has a Hussy fit and posts up the bulk of Wikipedia)
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,137
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ust2b View Post
    .. If I want to post a thread in a Rant and Rave section of this forum I fucking well will.

    This site is for those with an interest in motorcycles ... the wide variety of topics available to discuss in the (off topic) forums is endless. And well within your rights to do so as a member. This simple fact has not got into the mindset of some on this site. Some do get it ... and some have just gotten tired of the whole fucking subject.
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Flight of the Conchords did ok with that...ill gotten gains?

    Some of those accents on American Pickers are a hoot, although I never can work out *how they make a profit with all the miles and time for a few low margin items



    * I do know as I have Googled it ( before someone has a Hussy fit and posts up the bulk of Wikipedia)
    FOTC that was some funny shit!!!

    I used to work out of Mobile Alabama. Sometimes I wondered exactly what language they were speaking.
    Team America fuck yeah!!!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    9th June 2005 - 13:22
    Bike
    Sold
    Location
    Oblivion
    Posts
    2,914
    True! - - Forum: - Rant or Rave - Should have "gotten" that by now!
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    This site is for those with an interest in motorcycles ... the wide variety of topics available to discuss in the (off topic) forums is endless. And well within your rights to do so as a member. This simple fact has not got into the mindset of some on this site. Some do get it ... and some have just gotten tired of the whole fucking subject.
    "The very essence of the banking industry; to make us all, (whether we be nations or individuals), slaves to debt!" ... is it working for them yet?

    Debt explained: http://www.positivemoney.org/issues/debt/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •