Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Race numbers at Nationals

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin

Race numbers at Nationals

Nevermind the size and font. There might be 2 #9's at the Nationals in the same class but one club doesn't think it is a big deal. I got a very condecending e-mail from them who said to take it up with MNZ.

How will commentators or spectators know who is who ? (This is my only beef but the club doesn't think its an issue.)

Yes - I've raised this with MNZ and they don't want to interfere, despite their own rules not being complied with.

Hopefully the rider (not the real #9) will see sense and change his number. FFS - his MNZ number from 2011 Nationals is less anyway.

Pfft - only in NZ.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Well that's just plain stupid. The numbers 1-9 inclusive are reserved for those who earn them. None of them are reserved.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    89 GSXR750 PRE89 81XJ550 PRE82
    Blog Entries
    Hey dude before you start making a shit fite about bugger all....why dont you contact robbie stokes and talk to him no point getting shitty at Clubs and officals running it there not in charge of numbers! there their to make the day happen for you to ride!.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodger96 View Post
    Hey dude before you start making a shit fite about bugger all....why dont you contact robbie stokes and talk to him no point getting shitty at Clubs and officals running it there not in charge of numbers! there their to make the day happen for you to ride!.
    Hi Rodger,

two officials from other clubs have already said they will take this up with Robbie. But if you have a contact number for him I'll be glad to give him a call.

This is nothing against him, but the attitude of another club offical who says it is no big deal having 2 bikes in the same class with the same numbers.

Does that seem sensible to you, given the push recently to make riders numbers more visible and easily identified ? Doesn't it seem really dumb to have two bikes in the same class with the same numbers ? It's a pretty simple question mate.

If I hadn't received such a condescending e-mail from the official concerned I would not be posting this.

Why was I bumped fromm # 9 and it given to Robbie instead ? That indicates that the clubs do in fact have control over race numbers, so I'm sorry but you are incorrect.

I'm paying good money to enter and get myself all the way down south - I expect a little in return eh.

Fairs fair.

And again - if I hadn't received such a condescending e-mail from the club official concerned you wouldn't be reading this.

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Various things
    If they say it's ok to have two # 9's out there so be it. Just make sure you tell the other cunt if you whip his arse, he's gotta run 999 next year.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Hi Rodger,

two officials from other clubs have already said they will take this up with Robbie. But if you have a contact number for him I'll be glad to give him a call.

This is nothing against him, but the attitude of another club offical who says it is no big deal having 2 bikes in the same class with the same numbers.

Does that seem sensible to you, given the push recently to make riders numbers more visible and easily identified ? Doesn't it seem really dumb to have two bikes in the same class with the same numbers ? It's a pretty simple question mate.

If I hadn't received such a condescending e-mail from the official concerned I would not be posting this.

Why was I bumped fromm # 9 and it given to Robbie instead ? That indicates that the clubs do in fact have control over race numbers, so I'm sorry but you are incorrect.

I'm paying good money to enter and get myself all the way down south - I expect a little in return eh.

Fairs fair.

And again - if I hadn't received such a condescending e-mail from the club official concerned you wouldn't be reading this.
    Absolutely agree with you Deano,You have earned the right to run number 9 for the 2012 season and its NOT up to some club official to think he/she can over rule MNZ,Send me a copy of that email to acrfibreglass@actrix.co.nz and I'll have it put right immediately

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Nevermind the size and font. There might be 2 #9's at the Nationals in the same class but one club doesn't think it is a big deal. I got a very condecending e-mail from them who said to take it up with MNZ.
    Look at the positive side f it, you've gone to the trouble of printing T-Shirts with the number nine on then for your kids who will be at the nationals.
    Just push them into the other number nines pits and get them to baby sit for the day, they'll change their numbers real quick i'm thinking!

Bike
    A fast one
    I thought that 1-10 werent issued..... for regular numbers and only available for respective places in that class.
    IMHO Robbie should run number 2 and deano number 9........ thats why we are 10...not 30.
    Bet he would run 1 if he earned it.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Change your number to #2 Deano
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodger96 View Post
    No they're not. They're there to make the day happen.

Not reply in a frankly condescending and unprofessional manner to a competitors request for assistance and clarification. You know what fucks me off? Club officials that jump up and down and call things "my event" and make claims like "without me this event wouldn't take place"....

Guess what fuckers, without competitors, the event doesn't exist either. They're supporting YOUR club, not vice versa. Do the fucking job you put your hand up to do and do it properly.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    20 minutes after this thread started and I get a call from the official concerned and things seem on their way to being sorted out. At least it prompted some positive discussion eh.

At the end of the day, I just want to be able to run the number allocated to me, without any confusion to spectators.

I don't think that is too much to ask. I didn't ask for any bullshit or controversy, but I won't lie down when something is not right either.

I'll be running number 1 next year anyway !!

Bike
    BMW
    Its amazing how it works.... I get far better results complaining on here and facebook

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    No they're not. They're there to make the day happen.

Not reply in a frankly condescending and unprofessional manner to a competitors request for assistance and clarification. You know what fucks me off? Club officials that jump up and down and call things "my event" and make claims like "without me this event wouldn't take place"....

Guess what fuckers, without competitors, the event doesn't exist either. They're supporting YOUR club, not vice versa. Do the fucking job you put your hand up to do and do it properly.
    Bloody well said Jimmy,Sure you didnt get Sue to type that for you LOL!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Its amazing how it works.... I get far better results complaining on here and facebook
    Shouldnt be that way Sloan,Next time email or ring me,I'll make sure something gets done if a member is having problems,

On another note,Thanks for putting Colin Smith onto me the other day,Hopefully we can put him to good use.

Bike
    XT660r
    Is the no 3 digit rule only for national Classes? and Ok of support classes?
    Dale Kerrigan: If there's anything Dad loved more than serenity, it was a big two stroke engine on full throttle!

Thread Information