Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is WSBK able to be streamed into NZ?

Bike
    2014 BMW R1200LC

Is WSBK able to be streamed into NZ?

Hi guys,

Is the WSBK able to be streamed into NZ?

I have streamed MOTOGP for the last couple of years to protest the hopeless SKY subscriptions and have been streaming the pre-season of WSBK but before I slam down bigger Euro want to know if full season is possible.
    I seem to remember getting stung similarly once before and having a hell of a time getting a refund when the actual races weren't live.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by ihmsakiwi View Post
    Hi guys,

Is the WSBK able to be streamed into NZ?

I have streamed MOTOGP for the last couple of years to protest the hopeless SKY subscriptions and have been streaming the pre-season of WSBK but before I slam down bigger Euro want to know if full season is possible.
    I seem to remember getting stung similarly once before and having a hell of a time getting a refund when the actual races weren't live.
    sky now(or they did last season) show every practise and qualifying , for motogp and superbike including supersport and ss300 (or whatever thay call it)

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    The past couple of years I've used a proxy to stream it from overseas. Logging in without a proxy you get told to bugger off and come back later or watch Sky.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    2014 BMW R1200LC
    thanks Guys. Guess I go the proxy route as i hate giving any more money to SKY.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    I bought a subscription just like MotoGP , last year was the first time we could get WSBK live in NZ.

Bike
    2004ZX6R
    I have been watchig both motogp and wsbk for the last couple of season on streaming sites, dont really need to pay rip off prices to watch

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by WNJ View Post
    I have been watchig both motogp and wsbk for the last couple of season on streaming sites, dont really need to pay rip off prices to watch
    Do they have replays or do you have to watch it when its on at 3am, im guessing you can record ?

Do they show FP sessions etc ?

Bike
    2014 BMW R1200LC
    Quote Originally Posted by WNJ View Post
    Even going through the official Dorma site to stream MotoGP is only about the cost of Sky for one month. Money well spent.

I am assuming though Dorma aren't streaming live into NZ for WSBK though?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Even going through the official Dorma site to stream MotoGP is only about the cost of Sky for one month. Money well spent.

they do the same as motogp i think https://secure.worldsbk.com/en/subscribe

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

It's currently €140 which is about $240. That's a bit more than a month of Sky Sport!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    It's currently €140 which is about $240. That's a bit more than a month of Sky Sport!
    That is a startlingly large sum but indeed it is correct. When I was paying for the video pass it was a lot less than that, 99 Euros IIRC.

As for live coverage of the SBK, Sky don't like competition and asked Dorna not to provide live coverage of the GPs. That was a bit tricky as people had already paid for live coverage. Maybe Sky stopped live streamed coverage of SBK as coverage of that had not previously existed here?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Nowt any more
    As far as I can remember Sky were successful in demanding that Dorna Geo-restrict live coverage of WSBK in NZ at least 2018 and 2019, but were not successful with MotoGP (and bloody good thing too!).
    So you could only watch WSBK on-line 7 days later.
    Anyone taking the subscription now needs to ask if this remains the case.
    I have no idea if it is or is not and I don't know how to find out. You can bet your bottom dollar that Dorna will tell you anything to get your subscription fee, regardless of the status.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    2014 BMW R1200LC
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    As far as I can remember Sky were successful in demanding that Dorna Geo-restrict live coverage of WSBK in NZ at least 2018 and 2019, but were not successful with MotoGP (and bloody good thing too!).
    So you could only watch WSBK on-line 7 days later.
    Anyone taking the subscription now needs to ask if this remains the case.
    I have no idea if it is or is not and I don't know how to find out. You can bet your bottom dollar that Dorna will tell you anything to get your subscription fee, regardless of the status.
    yip, that's my worry.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    yip, that's my worry.
    I think it is 24 hours, not 7 days

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Rugby used to have a deal where TV could provide live coverage to every region except where the game was played. I used to think that was the sort of shonky arrangement that could only happen here.

A few years ago I went to the sports bar near where I worked and they were showing a NASCAR race from Richmond, Virginia. I mentioned this to a NASCAR fan I knew in Richmond. He replied that I'd seen something he hadn't, because NASCAR had a deal similar to the old Rugby one. Races were televised everywhere except where the race took place.

So I guess SKY and Dorna are continuing a similar tradition to screw their fans over in search of a dollar.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information