Thread: Bike related stuff you thought you had lost but found decades later.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport

Bike related stuff you thought you had lost but found decades later.

I was in a bit of a panic today not being able to find my wallet. In the process of carrying extensive detective work I found the key to my old wire bike security lock that has been stored out in the shed for the last 25 or so years because I'd lost the keys to it. I bought the lock back in 1978 when I bought my first road bike a Honda CJ250. I've cut the old crusty heat shrink off the cable. This actually stopped some bugger trying to steal my GSX750EZ in the early '80s and you can still see the indent were they tried to cut the cable. I'll get some yellow heat shrink to put on it and get a new spare key cut tomorrow.

Oh and the wallet was under my pillow. Damn old age.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200205_145754[1].jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	578.8 KB 
ID:	344534  

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    I was in a bit of a panic today not being able to find my wallet. In the process of carrying extensive detective work I found the key to my old wire bike security lock that has been stored out in the shed for the last 25 or so years because I'd lost the keys to it. I bought the lock back in 1978 when I bought my first road bike a Honda CJ250. I've cut the old crusty heat shrink off the cable. This actually stopped some bugger trying to steal my GSX750EZ in the early '80s and you can still see the indent were they tried to cut the cable. I'll get some yellow heat shrink to put on it and get a new spare key cut tomorrow.

Oh and the wallet was under my pillow. Damn old age.
    I've got one of those but with a shorter wire loop. I've had it at least since the 80's. It stays strapped to my "Town" pushbike because its the perfect shape and it means it "should" be there when I return. I dont like riding any expensive pushbike into town.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Iirc it was a very expensive item. One a normal 18 year old would not normally fork out for. Then again Dad rebuilt old British shitters during our formative years and was a stickler for good kit. Arial, BSA, Machless, Triumph and that sort of thing. In some ways it kinda rubbed off having replaced GSX750 burnt out valves in barracks at Hobeinville, Restoring a small frame BMW R65 in the a married quarters lounge over winter at Ohakea to getting and keeping the CB550 running all these years. All us boys rode motorcycles at some point.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...don't recall any Arials or Machless motorbikes in my time...not a stickler for spelling, but...

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Boo fucken hoo.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Boo fucken hoo.
    ...this is why you are entertaining...

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    You're welcome. It's my aim to add a bit of humour here. Far too many funken grumpy old anoraks here. The chiskenstrip crowd seem remarkedly silent of late.

Thread Information