Thread: Easy Rider (1969 original) ...

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now

Easy Rider (1969 original) ...

... on Sky Movies channel 35 tonight at 8:30.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    OK, so it's dated and culturally very American ... but still a classic. More of an historical record than a biker film though.

Jack Nicholson's role is (to me) over-hyped in the reviews I've read: we see glimpses of the bright-eyed JN character we've come to know and love, but as to whether it fits the film I'm not so sure. For me, Fonda remains the main character throughout.

The direction and editing is uneven, the cemetery scene notably trippy - but then that's an integral part of the story. If you just fancy watching a pair of bikers on a road trip from LA to N, New Orleans, it works at that level too.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I always enjoy skipping through to the music + riding scenes. For such a ridiculous bike, virtually useless at anything other than looking cool - I still come away after watching the movie in love with both bikes.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I always enjoy skipping through to the music + riding scenes. For such a ridiculous bike, virtually useless at anything other than looking cool - I still come away after watching the movie in love with both bikes.
    yeah - Fonda said while the bikes looked cool they could not ride them more than 40mph - the handling so was bad ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Thread Information