Thread: Idiotic parents

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Idiotic parents

As I drove past a school yesterday, I saw a dude picking up his daughter on his motorbike. She was on the back as they were waiting to pull out into the traffic.
    The girl, about 8 - 10 maybe, was dressed in a short sleeved shirt and shorts. She had nothing covering her legs or feet and nothing on her arms or hands. She did have a helmet on though.
    Guess Dad figured she didn't need her skin...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    As I drove past a school yesterday, I saw a dude picking up his daughter on his motorbike. She was on the back as they were waiting to pull out into the traffic.
    The girl, about 8 - 10 maybe, was dressed in a short sleeved shirt and shorts. She had nothing covering her legs or feet and nothing on her arms or hands. She did have a helmet on though.
    I still wonder how in this nanny state, how schools allow students to ride their motorbikes to school in school uniform I.e shorts or a skirt.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    You take a pair of oversize Jeans and store them with your helmet and jacket and gloves, boots in your locker. That's what I did in the 80s.

Ideally kevlar ones these days.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    I still wonder how in this nanny state, how schools allow students to ride their motorbikes to school in school uniform I.e shorts or a skirt.
    Because it's not illegal...stupid and very high on fuckwittery list? yes indeed, but a helmet is the only legal requirement.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I once wrote an email to a school after I noticed multiple students who were on scooters, being members of the Safety Sandals club.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I once wrote an email to a school after I noticed multiple students who were on scooters, being members of the Safety Sandals club.
    When you're in the Islands it's okay but when you're here in NZ it's ''What the actual fuck''?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It isn't only kids, yesterday in traffic I was behind a guy on what looked like a Hornet, he was in shorts and jandals and looked old enough to know better.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I once wrote an email to a school after I noticed multiple students who were on scooters, being members of the Samoan work boots club.
    Edited for accuracy.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    How bad was the crash?

Bike
    Sold

Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    How bad was the crash?
    Good question actually? -

Bike
    2019 Kawasaki Z400
    I was this kid with the idiotic parent at 7-8 years old. It was the 80s tho...and Shorts, t-shirt and faux-leather TMNT jacket. Coolest kid in skool everyday that I jumped off of the back of mum's 250. Carried my helmet around....bright red like a firemans with yellow lightning stickers. Not only did I always get there safely, but I gained a lot of primary skool clout.

...and then my Idiotic Parent went and crashed. With my 9yo bestie on the back. Best friend walked away with a grazed elbow. Mum copped internal injuries that she died from 3 weeks later in hospital. It was a "freak accident" and no amount of gear could have prevented her particular injuries.

I may have had an Idiot Parent, but she bred me to have a passion for riding, which persisted in spite of witnessing her horrible death. I'm an ATTGATT proponent for most road riding. but tbh I don't have a problem with kids riding short safe distances without...it's contextual. If it were my kids and the ride was low-risk, but the primary-skool clout potential was high....saddle-up little bitch!

Also...riding in south east asia gave me an appreciation for just how many children you can balance on a highway-bound scooter. Pro-tip: lay the infant vertically on the foot space and have the dog stand horizontally over it...so the dogs legs help prevent the baby rolling off to either side.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    We don't know the circumstances involved in the original post. One kid I know got her first ride on a bike last year, dad's car wouldn't start so he took her to school on the bike. She wouldn't have been wearing ATTGAT and she probably didn't see much, her mum's helmet would have been too big. She got to school on time which was the object of the exercise.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It isn't only kids, yesterday in traffic I was behind a guy on what looked like a Hornet, he was in shorts and jandals and looked old enough to know better.
    I was in Cromwell a few days ago ... in one afternoon I spotted 5 different Harley riders wearing shorts, T-shirt, no gloves and all except one wearing sandals. He was in bare feet. All legally required equipment was being worn.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    It was on the good
    To be fair most of the public would think idiotic parent after the first sentence.

As I drove past a school yesterday, I saw a dude picking up his daughter on his motorbike.

Thread Information