Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Election Thread

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Nope. Luxon will be boss Nat very, very shortly.
    I agree, but they're keeping him clean for the minute, the same as red team did with Jacinda.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    If he's the same guy I have heard other people talking about then it should be interesting.

Not that I know anything about him.

My you, I thought it would be interesting way back before Trump was elected and that has been entertaining.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    If he's the same guy I have heard other people talking about then it should be interesting.

My you, I thought it would be interesting way back before Trump was elected and that has been entertaining.
    Ex CEO of Air NZ.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    I think he will be boss eventually but he's not even an MP yet so it probably won't be this year. He'd surely have to do some time as an MP first so it'll be interesting to see if they throw someone else in after Bridges' almost inevitable demise should he go after the election ... assuming the Nats can't cobble together a government.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Fucking hypocrite
    Trump is indeed hypocrite
    My example of trumps lies wasn't a misdirection, it was but a simple example how that what you wrote was clearly wrong.
    You wrongly claim that one Politician owned up, "as he had no choice but to", when your own President steadfastly refuses to admit he is wrong, on a epic scale.
    The exact same way that Crusher did exactly the same. She was clearly caught in a lie, yet still steadfastly refuses to acknowledge it.
    It is you that has the double-standards Jason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I agree, but they're keeping him clean for the minute, the same as red team did with Jacinda.
    Same as they did with Key in the run up to his first election.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    I think he will be boss eventually but he's not even an MP yet so it probably won't be this year. He'd surely have to do some time as an MP first so it'll be interesting to see if they throw someone else in after Bridges' almost inevitable demise should he go after the election ... assuming the Nats can't cobble together a government.
    Doesn't need to be an MP. Just leader of the National Party and #1 on the list.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

Smooth as a baby's butt. Able to talk the language of anyone interested in business. Not one drop of compassion.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It would seem that some existing National MPs are feeling pressure to make a move before Luxon enters stage right. Collins has taken to Twitter presumably to raise her profile but so far she has just managed to look bitchy.

That 'Crusher' nickname is a misnomer, she never crushed anything. When the then government finally did get to crush something Anne Tolley was minister and all they had was the body shell of a little shit box car. The owner had removed the engine, transmission and running gear.

Hard to recall a more hollow 'victory'. Embarrassing.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR800
    Smooth as a baby's butt. Able to talk the language of anyone interested in business. Not one drop of compassion.

Sums up most CEO's I've met.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Law and order maybe the topic of the day then.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Do National really want to win the election-look at the three years worth of absolute economic shit you would be inheriting

Bike
    motocompo
    Law and order maybe the topic of the day then.
    As long as it's not CGT.
    You can bet the current lot will introduce that across the board at the first budget after next election, if not before.
    They have to get their hands on some more other oeoples money somehow.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12327634
    100 million to reserve motel units for homeless just in case?
    They could have had 250 houses for that, permanently housed 1600 homeless people, and still had the asset at the end, that would then be worth more than the initial outlay.
    It's easy to throw other people's money away with nothing to show for it.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    As long as it's not CGT.
    You can bet the current lot will introduce that across the board at the first budget after next election, if not before.
    They have to get their hands on some more other oeoples money somehow.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12327634
    100 million to reserve motel units for homeless just in case?
    They could have had 250 houses for that, permanently housed 1600 homeless people, and still had the asset at the end, that would then be worth more than the initial outlay.
    It's easy to throw other people's money away with nothing to show for it.
    And how long would it take to build those 250 houses, starting with a green fields site? The homeless people need housing now, not 12 -18 months or more down the tracks. Mind you the job might have been a bit easier if Housing NZ, while under the previous governments policy of getting out of social housing, hadn't been so keen to demolish numerous state owned housing units using the "earthquake prone building risk" excuse and then leaving the resultant land empty. Not sure where you live but in Wellington (Taita, NaeNae, Pomare) lots of perfectly adequate (not flash but a roof over the persons head) units were demolished because of the perceived "risk" of a brick chimney. Only now is some of that land starting to be utilised.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...puni-land?rm=m
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    And how long would it take to build those 250 houses, starting with a green fields site? The homeless people need housing now, not 12 -18 months or more down the tracks. Mind you the job might have been a bit easier if Housing NZ, while under the previous governments policy of getting out of social housing, hadn't been so keen to demolish numerous state owned housing units using the "earthquake prone building risk" excuse and then leaving the resultant land empty. Not sure where you live but in Wellington (Taita, NaeNae, Pomare) lots of perfectly adequate (not flash but a roof over the persons head) units were demolished because of the perceived "risk" of a brick chimney. Only now is some of that land starting to be utilised.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...puni-land?rm=m
    Using the modeling this govt was trotting out prior to election, most of them should have been built by now.
    They could also invest in the pre owned housing market, or is that too simple?
    You only have to log on to trademe to find that there are in excess of 30,000 homes currently for sale in all areas, in all budgets on that sales platform alone in NZ.
    The Govt either rent properties and prop up capitalists in the process, or buy the properties themselves.
    The country really is run by a bunch of money wasting idiots with no idea how to make a dollar go the distance. If they buy them, essentially they still have the money, as an appreciating asset.
    Also, you don't go into why the homeless suddenly need these houses right now.

Thread Information