Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Election Thread

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    My opinion is based on the results of poles, as below. Exactly what is your opinion based on.....
    my opinion is based on the fact she is useless

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    my opinion is based on the fact she is useless
    Only that wasn't what you claimed though.
    Your post was in reply to my claim that she was polled at the post popular PM in the last 100 years

i can and was able to substantiate my claim with actual poll results that clearly showed this
    Only problem then was the incumbent PM and national leader then was Bill English whereas the incumbent now is the most popular PM in a 100 years.
    i.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    only with people who believe in fairy dust and head nods.
    So again what information do you have that shows its untrue that she is not the most popular PM in a 100 Years, rathher than your own opinion that she is useless?
    Do you realise that public opinion of her popularity is not your own opinion of her usefulness?
    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/jacinda-...ury-poll-shows
    https://www.britishherald.com/ardern...-in-100-years/
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Only that wasn't what you claimed though.
    You post was to my claim that she was polled at the post popular PM in the last 100 years
    Popularity wins elections. Popular idiots/con-artists don't last long. And getting what you wished (or voted) for doesn't always work out.

i can and was able to substantiate my claim with actual poll results that clearly show this
    Hitler was the most popular leaders of his decade. It didn't work out that well for him.

So again what information do you have that this is untrue other than our own opinion?
    DITTO ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    So Collins is it - a very polarising figure. hard core National voters will will be thrilled, the rest maybe not so. Wonder if she will drop the unearned nickname - she never had anything crushed.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    So Collins is it - a very polarising figure. hard core National voters will will be thrilled, the rest maybe not so. Wonder if she will drop the unearned nickname - she never had anything crushed.
    i heard she crushed the head of a Maui dolphin with her thighs........great pick though inspired , no dubious business links skeletons in her closet to worry about
    third leader in 33 days or 5th leader in under 3.7 years

Jon Key resigned 12 Dec 2016
    Bill English 1 year, 77 days
    Simon Bridges 2 years, 85 days
    Todd Muller 53 days
    Judith Collins 0 days
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    i heard she crushed the head of a Maui dolphin with her thighs
    Imagine if a National voter said something similar about the current 'Dear Leader' - I remember the furore and the accusations of sexism when the moniker of 'Tooth Fairy' was bandied about.

As for Collins - not my preferred pick.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Backward looking, neshnul default setting, white, "born to rule". No. Just no. Not OK Boomers.

Incidentally if anyone wants to use "Not OK Boomers" as a band name, I'm good with it.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Can I have Neshnul Default Setting for my band?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    It was on the good
    I'd tap it.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I'd tap it.
    With Collins history (think Orivida) and Brownlees "success" with the Christchurch rebuild, if these were the best the national caucus could come up with then the talent pool must have been pretty shallow. As far as "tapping it" gpes, she does look semi-ok - when standing next to Brownlee.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    That whole 'most popular choice for prime minister' poll is a crock, whoever is Prime Minister at the time always wins it by a country mile. I'll wager no leader of a party not in government has ever beaten the incumbent in that particular poll.

As for Judith saying 'we won't raise taxes', I'm not buying it. National put GST up in the last economic crisis, this one is an order of magnitude worse.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Electoral success is arguably about getting your message across (Trump did do this very effectively, Johnson wanted to get Brexit done, etc etc)
    Jacinda Ardern is an excellent communicator, you do not have to like or agree with her politics to see that, Judith Collins was big enough to acknowledge that.
    With Muller at the tiller, National were not going to do so well, now that Collins is in charge the game has changed significantly. Again, leaving the actual politics aside, Collins knows how to speak effectively and clearly, she knows her policies and the rationale behind them.
    There might actually be a contest now in this election, at least between the main contenders.

I listened to a bit of the press conference where the caucus decision was announced and a couple of things stood out for me.
    • I find it hilarious when MPs want to be seen on stage with their leader in the fun times and when the leader is taking heat, they are often alone
    • Collins is in charge and is an accomplished performer.
    • Gerry Brownlee does not inspire any notion of a party looking to move the country forward. (see Tom Sainsbury's parody of Collins making an announcement)
    • Collins is correct, Ardern has a handful of ministers/MPs she can count on, she said 3, I reckon 5, still thin pickings. Ardern is an excellent leader but you need a good team to deliver.
    • I do not think "Team National" is nearly as good as Collins is claiming so if either party takes the reins be prepared to be disappointed again.

I know its all part of the theatre which is politics but my blood boils when politicians talk about electoral success in terms of "getting rid of the other lot", "winning it back", "taking it back" etc etc
    You, me, everyone in this country is "it". "it" is not some commodity to be bandied around and bargained for. Leading the country is a privilege and a great responsibility, it should entail making decisions for good of all the citizens of the country, not setting policy to spite or undo the efforts of other governments or parties.
    I find it interesting that "beating the other lot" was talked about more than working for the good of the country. I find it interesting that the discussion was about the country being in the worst economic position in history, rather than New Zealand being in a position where our public health status allows our domestic economy to be in a state of relative normality unlike most of the western world which is still going in circles. The entire world is taking a hit because of COVID-19, noone could have prevented that. Arguably NZ will be first out of the gates to bounce back from that, the public health policy of the current government has created that opportunity.
    Insights into the priorities of Ms Collins and her political colleagues I would suggest.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    That whole 'most popular choice for prime minister' poll is a crock, whoever is Prime Minister at the time always wins it by a country mile. I'll wager no leader of a party not in government has ever beaten the incumbent in that particular poll.

As for Judith saying 'we won't raise taxes', I'm not buying it. National put GST up in the last economic crisis, this one is an order of magnitude worse.
    Not entirely true, i remember when winnie Peters was the preferred PM for ages when he was a National MP and Bolger was actually the PM
    Peters soon found that contradicting his party only bolstered the public's perception of him - particularly a public fed up with both Labour and National. In the next preferred PM poll Peters was ahead of both Lange and Bolger at 19 per cent
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...raymond-peters
    Also English was the then PM was rated lower as preferred PM that Ardern when she was in Opposition.
    Labour leader Jacinda Ardern also leads the preferred Prime Minister poll, rising 4 points to 34 per cent. National leader Bill English rose three points to 33 per cent.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11914816
    she also rated higher earlier than her own leader prior (little )and of course chrusher rated higher than bridges.
    Clark rated higher than PM Shipley did on occasions while Shipley was PM
    Mudoon outpolled Rowling while Rowling was in office as PM etc etc etc.

As for taxs i wouldn't trust either party either.
    The pension age has to go up and no one has the guts to do it as the other will claim they wouldnt do it or needed to be done when both aggree it should same as the CGT
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    third leader in 33 days
    How did you work this one out?

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    How did you work this one out?
    By hitting a 3 instead of a 5 i guess.
    So apologies to all those blue voters .....its the 3rd leader in 53 days rather than 33 so yeah... go nasuanale..... what a steady ship they sail.....

I just double checked Collins is the same age as Aderns Mum......... So she at least should last until the election one would hope.............
    The choosing of Collins will be certain to raise a few eyebrows at least

I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information