Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Election Thread

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    How did you work this one out?
    He couldn't have worked it out by himself ... he hasn't that many fingers ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Not entirely true...
    I was hoping somebody would do some research for me, ta.

As far as Winston goes though, the way I read that article he was ahead of Bolger in '88 while they were still in opposition.

Poor Bill though, John Key really dropped him in it there. He's got to be the unluckiest National politician in history. Wonder how the polling would have gone if Key had hung around to take on Jacinda.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I was hoping somebody would do some research for me, ta.

As far as Winston goes though, the way I read that article he was ahead of Bolger in '88 while they were still in opposition.

Poor Bill though, John Key really dropped him in it there. He's got to be the unluckiest National politician in history. Wonder how the polling would have gone if Key had hung around to take on Jacinda.

Peter no he was the prefered PM for years he went ahead of bolger in 88 and stayed that way. the election in NZ in 1988 was July
    His story on the bribery shifted: First it was a phone call, then it was a dinner. He named names - many of them - but always inside Parliament, meaning he couldn't be sued for defamation. These attacks saw him leap up to 23 per cent in the polls - again the most popular politician in the country.
    Unsurprisingly, his party was less enamoured. In October of 1992, Cliffe moved that successful motion to expel him from caucus meetings. This saw his polls rise even further to 28 per cent.
    As for Bill English losing two elections i dont think was purely luck i am sure talent played a big part in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Peter no he was the prefered PM for years he went ahead of bolger in 88 and stayed that way. the election in NZ in 1988 was July.
    Umm I don't think Google agrees with you on that point.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    You are right ... from Wiki ..

The 1987 New Zealand general election was a nationwide vote to determine the shape of the 42nd sitting of the New Zealand Parliament. The governing New Zealand Labour Party, led by Prime Minister David Lange, was re-elected for a second term, although the Opposition National Party made gains. The election also saw the elimination of the Democratic Party (formerly the Social Credit Party) from Parliament, leaving Labour and National as the only parties represented.

However .... on 12 July 1988, following a petition to the Electoral Court, Wyatt Creech of the National Party was declared elected by a margin of 34 votes.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Oh no, now you've gone and done it.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Sarah Dowie, Nicky Wagner, David Carter, Maggie Barry, Amy Adams, Ann Tolley and Paula Benefit and now Nikki Kaye. Will there be anyone left by the time election day rolls around? Michael Woodlouse might get his preferred shadow portfolio back simply by virtue of no-one else available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    er..thats likely because i was wrong with the year
    but as the election was the year before clearly so were you with the statement then whicch was the original post?
    That whole 'most popular choice for prime minister' poll is a crock, whoever is Prime Minister at the time always wins it by a country mile.
    Winnie was not the PM but was the most popular choice as preferred PM.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    er..thats likely because i was wrong with the year
    but as the election was the year before clearly so were you with the statement then whicch was the original post?
    That whole 'most popular choice for prime minister' poll is a crock, whoever is Prime Minister at the time always wins it by a country mile.
    Winnie was not the PM but was the most popular choice as preferred PM.
    Sure except David Lange was PM from 1984 to 1989, so kudos to Winston for beating Bolger, but he wasn't the Prime Minister at the time, just leader of the Nats. Bolger didn't get to be PM till 1990.

It was something of a sweeping generalisation based on precisely zero hours of research on my part.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Will there be anyone left by the time election day rolls around?
    Bridges for PM.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    er..thats likely because i was wrong
    What, again?

Bike
    husaberg
    Sure except David Lange was PM from 1984 to 1989, so kudos to Winston for beating Bolger, but he wasn't the Prime Minister at the time, just leader of the Nats. Bolger didn't get to be PM till 1990.

It was something of a sweeping generalisation based on precisely zero hours of research on my part.
    Except most popular polititon included Lange.
    He not only was beat bolger. He beat Lange as well.

That whole 'most popular choice for prime minister' poll is a crock, whoever is Prime Minister at the time always wins it by a country mile. I'll wager no leader of a party not in government has ever beaten the incumbent in that particular poll.
    It was a sweeping generalisation?, you didnt say mostly or most of the time you said "always" so its not really generalisation its much more of an an absolute statement.
    to back out now ans say oh it was only a generalisation is not really a true account of what you posted or what is the actual facts.
    As muldoon was preferred over Rowling whilst Rowling was PM , Moore polled ahead of Bolger in when Labour was in opposition, Peters was prefered over bolger when both lange and Bolger was PM , Clark polled ahead of shipley prior to the election Key was preferred in at least one poll over Clark in 2007 English polled lower than Adern when he was PM. etc etc etc.
    You are not generally correct either, you are generally and genuinely wrong.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Except most popular polititon included lange.
    He not only was beat bolger. He beat lange as well.
    It was a sweeping generalisation but one that was wrong with muldoon was prefered over rowling, peters with bolger, english and adern.
    Are you getting exited (again) or are you just drunk ... again ... ???

Or is English your second/third language ... ??

Most "Preferred" MP for PM IS a crock of shit. At best it's an ego boost for the named MP.

Peters is the most popular Mp that was (will ??) (n)ever be a PM.

Winning popularity polls is one thing ... winning elections is another.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Except most popular polititon included Lange.
    He not only was beat bolger. He beat Lange as well.
    So Peters was beating Lange in the preferred PM stakes in '87? Wow.

It was a sweeping generalisation?, you didnt say mostly or most of the time you said "always" so its not really generalisation its much more of an an absolute statement.
    to back out now ans say oh it was only a generalisation is not really a true account of what you posted or what is the actual facts.
    As muldoon was preferred over Rowling whilst Rowling was PM , Moore polled ahead of Bolger in when Labour was in opposition, Peters was prefered over bolger when both lange and Bolger was PM , Clark polled ahead of shipley prior to the election Key was preferred in at least one poll over Clark in 2007 English polled lower than Adern when he was PM. etc etc etc.
    Interesting that Rowling, Shipley and English were all caretaker PMs too.

You are not generally correct either, you are generally and genuinely wrong.
    OK. Wonder if I'll be wrong this time too.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    husaberg
    Interesting that Rowling, Shipley and English were all caretaker PMs too.
    As was Moore.
    Lange and Bolger where also both rolled by their own party during their terms, likely on account of their fading popularity.
    buts it's all mute, as that clearly not the situation were are now in atm
    Ardern is the most popular PM in a Hundred years and Chrusher ,whilst more popular than Bridges ,Is about as popular as a turd in a goldfish bowl
    Chrusher is not trusted by the masses either or sen as being great even by her own party as shes a 4 times loser on the leadership stakes
    If national wanted to make a new start wheeling out old crusha isnt exactly the best way to start fresh
    It looks more like damage control prior to a fresh start after the election with "the great blue hope" Luxton.
    A man with no political history but no political baggage either.

PS i never said 87 you plucked that one from thin air
    But the Preferred PMs who were neither PM or Opposition leader.
    IN between at various times 1984 to 1988 it was Muldoon.
    From mid 1988 to 1993 at various times it was Winston Peters.
    From 1994 and 1995 it was Jim Anderton.
    Lastly it was Peters again in 1996.

it was never Crusher or Bridges or Muller or any other current member of the National party.

http://www.thecivilian.co.nz/entire-...control-spell/
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information