Thread: M4 Exhaust importer

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike

M4 Exhaust importer

Hi guys, does anyone know who imports M4 systems into NZ, if anyone? I'm after a full system for a SV650 race bike. I can get one from the states on ebay for $1200 inc freight but I heard you can get stung for import duties on goods over $1000.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern scratcher View Post
    Hi guys, does anyone know who imports M4 systems into NZ, if anyone? I'm after a full system for a SV650 race bike. I can get one from the states on ebay for $1200 inc freight but I heard you can get stung for import duties on goods over $1000.
    Im not aware of anyone that does M4 in NZ

when I got mine, I ordered through motomummy.

others like superbike unlimited will have them too - and often run specials at better pricing than in Ebay sellers.

If you arent in a rush wait untill a USA holiday like thanksgiving, black friday etc etc, the US sellers like motomummy etc do pretty decent sales around then

Your chances of getting one from an NZ supplier at less than the Ebay price are somewhere between fuckall and zero

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    A mate has some on his zx14. Fuk me are they LOUD. I'd be worried about track limits.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    A mate has some on his zx14. Fuk me are they LOUD. I'd be worried about track limits.
    Must depend on the model. I've got a full system on my current Gen 2 SV650 and it's pretty good noise wise for a race bike. I just pulled the pin and ordered one off ebay for the new Gen 3 bike last night. The friggen exchange rate to the US dollar is dropping daily at present...

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Would have a look on bike specific websites if me, generally theres deals to be had better than ebay and with something as popular as an SV ive no doubt you would find something at a good price to your door,as for loud ive a full M4 system with carbon cans on my old TL bought off the TL website years back thats never been questioned come wof time,nice sound but not overly loud.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Would have a look on bike specific websites if me, generally theres deals to be had better than ebay and with something as popular as an SV ive no doubt you would find something at a good price to your door,as for loud ive a full M4 system with carbon cans on my old TL bought off the TL website years back thats never been questioned come wof time,nice sound but not overly loud.
    The deals done, $690 USD for full system (10% off with Sportbike Track gear) + $90USD freight. Still got to run the gauntlet with customs yet lol.

Bike
    suzuki
    The deals done, $690 USD for full system (10% off with Sportbike Track gear) + $90USD freight. Still got to run the gauntlet with customs yet lol.
    won't be a gaunlett, they now put gst on lower values, still sounds like a good deal to me.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Nice work,sounds a good price for sure.Back when buying stuff for the TL the customs thing kicked in at $400 from memory,might be wrong cant remember but the beauty of buying whatever off a bike specific website was the seller generally didnt have a problem helping avoid the customs bullshit.Never got hit with the M4 system nor the rims i got sent over ironically did though get a phone call from them over a steering damper valued at fuck all
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Nice work,sounds a good price for sure.Back when buying stuff for the TL the customs thing kicked in at $400 from memory,might be wrong cant remember but the beauty of buying whatever off a bike specific website was the seller generally didnt have a problem helping avoid the customs bullshit.Never got hit with the M4 system nor the rims i got sent over ironically did though get a phone call from them over a steering damper valued at fuck all
    they require a receipt nowadays

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Having dealt with Customs for quite a few quite a few years they require a Commercial invoice on the outside and inside of the package if it is over $50 or so, always has. If they have an issue with that they will contact you and ask for receipt. If an item is valued at over $1000 you MUST notify the shipping company/courier prior to it leaving the country which is generally done when creating the shipping form. Generally the Commercial Invoice and Receipt match or close to it. Some folk devalue items or recategorize them and generally get away with it if it is not too large.. As gift instead of motorcycle parts for instance. But if caught in a snap check be expected to pay through the nose. These checks are pretty random. I was hit in November on one of my imports using DHL(more costly but I'm familiar with their worldwide shipping schedules). The other four came through fine of about the same value.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    . I was hit in November .
    things have changed since then

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    things have changed since then
    They'd already started the new procedure in late November without actually telling folk.

Thread Information