Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2020

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Well, as I suspected the only thing wrong with Superbikes is J Rea.

Dorna should tell him to piss off and give him a ride in MotoGP.
    He's probably quite well paid where he is. He's getting a bit long in the tooth to be bothered learning new tricks, besides which he'd be within his rights to turn down everything short of a full factory ride, and there are only a few of those.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    He's probably quite well paid where he is. He's getting a bit long in the tooth to be bothered learning new tricks, besides which he'd be within his rights to turn down everything short of a full factory ride, and there are only a few of those.
    My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I understand he doesn't want to ride MotoGP, and it's not his fault he keeps winning. But hopefully a few riders can put in a decent challenge.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    My comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I understand he doesn't want to ride MotoGP, and it's not his fault he keeps winning. But hopefully a few riders can put in a decent challenge.
    They sure as hell did, problem is he knows that Kwaka so well that in a head to head like that he's going to pull something out of the bag. PI is always good racing.

Redding looks down on top speed, wonder if they'll give him the revs back that Bautista lost them last year for being a light midget?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    My comment was a bit tongue in cheek.
    OK, that thought was being pushed a lot on social media about a year back and the pundits were writing articles on why it wouldn't happen so I just took yours as one more.

It's still mostly Rea in front, but now it's just in front. He's working harder though and mistakes might come, but not all the tracks offer good racing like Phillip Island. We'll see.

That was good racing.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike
    If the rest of the season is as good as this wkd at PI was then we are in for a treat.
    It's been a long time since we saw close quarters action like that up front in numbers. All three races finished with a dash to the line.
    I dont get Sykes though. Went into race one on pole, led it for a number of laps and ends up 9th??
    Great wkd of bike racing action.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern scratcher View Post
    If the rest of the season is as good as this wkd at PI was then we are in for a treat.
    It's been a long time since we saw close quarters action like that up front in numbers. All three races finished with a dash to the line.
    I dont get Sykes though. Went into race one on pole, led it for a number of laps and ends up 9th??
    Great wkd of bike racing action.
    He's always been a bit rough on tyres, I remember when he was on the kwaka he could fuck off super fast then fade like crazy at the end. Even when he won his title he had some races like that iirc. Haven't watched WSBK properly for a few years but I think they have a good bunch of talent to face Rea this year so might try n watch more

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    77 XL250
    I managed to watch all the races without falling asleep - a feat I have not managed for a few years now. If this round is a sign of the coming season then I will be a happy bunny indeed. Come on Loris Baz
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Very impressive weekend by Alex Lowes. Not a bad effort to beat your teammate first time out when he is a 5-time world champion.

Not sure about Rea's strategy though. If you're leading at PI and can't pull out a gap, then you have to let someone else lead. His rear tyre looked absolutely wrecked after the race.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Very impressive weekend by Alex Lowes. Not a bad effort to beat your teammate first time out when he is a 5-time world champion.

Not sure about Rea's strategy though. If you're leading at PI and can't pull out a gap, then you have to let someone else lead. His rear tyre looked absolutely wrecked after the race.
    Yeah not a fan of the whole slowing the pace hoohaa, thought Dovi was wearing Reas leathers!
    Didn't pay off either as when he hit go the tyres burnt out in a lap anyways. Good effort by Lowes, he was bloody brave into turn 1.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Yeah not a fan of the whole slowing the pace hoohaa, thought Dovi was wearing Reas leathers!
    Didn't pay off either as when he hit go the tyres burnt out in a lap anyways. Good effort by Lowes, he was bloody brave into turn 1.
    Yes, I'm not a fan of nursing tyres but it seems Michelin need it ?
    I thought Rea could have nailed Lowes as he caught him in that last lap? Maybe he figured 20 points is better after the race 1 off. Fighting like that you have to be in the right position on that last lap.(bit like the old 125 GPs ?)
    I don't think Lowes will be a problem often enough, season long.
    PI is a place Lowes likes and Rea doesn't (well not that much ?)
    Even Baz on last years Yam was real good,despite being down on neddies .

Nice ,for me at least to see the Duc's not powering away on the straights,and the Yams so fast.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    It appears I wasn't the only one questioning if Ducati should be allowed their revs back.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/03/02/...aight.html?amp

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Yes, I'm not a fan of nursing tyres but it seems Michelin need it ?
    Didn't the tyre problems at PI begin after they resurfaced the track? MotoGP had a compulsory pit stop too - but don't ask MM about that.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Didn't the tyre problems at PI begin after they resurfaced the track? MotoGP had a compulsory pit stop too - but don't ask MM about that.
    That happened because Bridgestone did not do a tyre test after the track was resurfaced and didn't bring anything hard enough to last the race.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Was there that year, quite hard case watching them all comming in the slip rd to the pits trying not to trip each other up.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Yeah, I was there also. That was the year Lorenzo hit a seagull at Lukey Heights.

The race wasn't the same with the pitstop, but I still had a great time. At least the weather was good!

Thread Information