Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I really don't get NZ pricing.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    That's crazy. I've bought a couple Arai helmets in Japan on trips there and once at my local Arai agent in ChCh they noticed a broken pod. I said I knew of it but as I had bought it overseas I'd pay for it myself. Nope, was told it was part of being an Arai agent, it didn't matter where you bought it from they'd sort it.

....maybe that's why less businesses are carrying Arai now....?
    I believe Sensei's problem was caused by the shop staff member (possibly an owner of the business?) lacking product knowledge. The Arai importer resolved the situation immediately once advised .

The Hamilton Motorcycle Centre not advertising Arai was more surprising to me, because when I bought mine there were certificates on the wall confirming that the staff had received Arai training.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Rubber and oil is about the only things ive purchased locally for two wheels for years and then some,all for "support local" blah blah but not at ridiculous prices,never once had a problem buying os combine the price and delivery time see no reason to buy locally imho.Years back thought i would give an NZ wrecker a go when i had a need for a TLR clutch basket etc but once again to greedy so got one from Belgium for less than 1/2 incl of post.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Rubber and oil is about the only things ive purchased locally for two wheels for years and then some,all for "support local" blah blah but not at ridiculous prices,never once had a problem buying os combine the price and delivery time see no reason to buy locally imho.Years back thought i would give an NZ wrecker a go when i had a need for a TLR clutch basket etc but once again to greedy so got one from Belgium for less than 1/2 incl of post.
    Those that want to "Support Local" are free to do so. Those wanting to do so ... and don't (due to the cost) are possibly just realistic. There are plenty of things I'd like to do (regarding whom I would like to support with my purchases)... but I can't afford to ... so I don't. And I offer no apology that I can't afford it. (Even if I could ... I may not either )

I DO however support those that support ME ... in whatever respect they can. Sometimes to my cost.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information