Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 (Coronavirus)

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Its probably already here undetected anyway.. (apart from the 1 known case)

In many cases people will just feel a bit crook and head into work like usual. For people like me with chronic illness its potentially a killer but then again so it the normal flu. I cant say I'm especially worried - I lasted this long and everyday is a bonus really.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Didn't have hand sanitiser when we were kids - we had gas masks - there always seems to be a problem? 5G anyone?
    We had to have a toilet bag with soap in it hanging on our desk so we could wash our hands after we'd been to the toilet. Evidently that was to stop us catching polio.

Kids in other countries had to get under their desk in supremely optimistic nuclear attack drills.

School kids in the States have active shooter drills which frighten the shit out of all and sundry.

As you say, there's always something.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Some interesting comments about the US overnight. From the NY Times IIRC, guy returned to the US, felt unwell so got tested, test was negative but he was presented with a bill for US$3270.

That he got tested was a minor miracle. The population of California is something like forty million, they reportedly have just 200 kits available. There is an announcement that thousands of testing kits have just arrived in the country, enough to supply every hospital in the country with two kits.

A shortage of kits probably makes no difference, there is no mandatory sick leave in the US so many people can't afford to take time off work or get tested. So they will struggle in to work and spread the good news. The reported cases figure will remain low though because there's no way of testing.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of the Samoan book and ban travellers from the US.

The North Korean plan might be more effective: one guy had the virus, he was shot. That may not stop people getting sick but it'll sure stop them mentioning it.
    Good old USA. What a clusterfuck of a country.

Bike
    Sold

Chicken Little right on track with the latest virus?

Chicken Little 2020 traded the sky in for a virus - the virus is coming the virus is coming the virus is coming the virus is coming - "FEAR" - Is Chicken Little growing the business yet again right here in 2020

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Chicken Little 2020 traded the sky in for a virus - the virus is coming the virus is coming the virus is coming the virus is coming - "FEAR" - Is Chicken Little growing the business yet again right here in 2020
    A social experiment on a world-wide scale.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I see no evidence of fear in this country. The Health Dept don't inspire confidence but seem to be trying to do the right things.
    Somewhat of a middle of the road policy? Possibly a better approach than the extremes: the North Korean approach, shoot the first patient dead, or the US approach, do nothing, call it a hoax.

One odd thing though: the professionals tell us that masks aren't necessary, yet the usual suppliers to doctors of these items have completely sold out?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I see no evidence of fear in this country.
    Panic buying at the Supermarkets would tend to disagree with you.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Quoted for pritch's benefit.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Taking media catchphrases like "panic buying" as reality doesn,t help.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Taking media catchphrases like "panic buying" as reality doesn,t help.
    When I have to go to 3 seperate supermarkets to find some of the items on my Weekly Shop....
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    motocompo
    Can anyone explain why this prevents us selling logs to China?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    There are simply not the people working in the ports in China. Or the sawmills
    so its a waste of time sending them over, if there is no one to receive them.
    It also was Chinese new year their recently, so there is likely a "backlog" anyway
    The margins are tight in forestry as it is, so any drop in demands flows on. If there are no orders, the crews get shut down.

China used to refuse to accept coal at the agreed contract price when Solid energy was sending coal there even when the ships were in transit.
    Do doubt there is an element of opportunistic gouging going on as well the export meat price has dropped from $6 a KG to 4.45 a KG in the last few weeks.

The meat works here is down to 3 days a week from its normal 5.5.
    That price is a 5 year low.
    I bet the meat at the supermarket hasn't got cheaper.

Personally I blame the Jacinda, NZ first, Joe Bidden, plus of course Israel.
    Things haven't been right since Maggie Thatcher died
    Putins doing all he can to help the west but the FBi's against him with the shape-shifting aliens and the pro Vaxers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Sold
    The "bark" - it makes them nervous and sweaty? -

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    I saw a movie like this, except there was a dinosaur in the hold when the ship attempted to dock without any live crew on board. Then again, given that China has less income given that they've shutdown some production recently, they also have less to spend. Logs might just be a part of a nice to have hit list. There's also the potential that dockworkers aren't working in the same numbers and the docks are already jammed full of logs that aren't going anywhere in a hurry coz there's fewer drivers also... and so on.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Sold

We are on the map!!! (sigh)

Track your virus:- https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6 - Maybe Jacinda was feeling left out? - missing photo opportunities perhaps?

Thread Information