Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Covid-19 (Coronavirus)

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade_nancy View Post
    So from Wednesday we are told to stay home..but are told supermarkets and petrol stations will still be running for us. So does that mean we DON'T have to stay at home..else how can we do the supermarket shop and topup the bike with petrol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    There's a funny thing called common sense. It might help to use it.
    Nope, that just confirms you don't know how to apply common sense, so Bonez's advice to you was wasted.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    benefit of the doubt: cheap vodka is available and is the same % alcohol as hand sanitiser which is out of stock everywhere.
    The advice I've seen says vodka is much too low in alcohol to be used as hand sanitiser. So is whisky. Don't waste it, drink it.

The TV people seemed almost excited that Scot Morrison invoked the spirt of the ANZACs. Australians view ANZAC differently to us. It would be news to many, probably including ScoMO, that NZ has anything at all to do with ANZAC. They see it as an entirely Australian thing.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Most of what you will need to know will likely be on the Covid 19 website e.g.

https://covid19.govt.nz/help-and-adv...lic-transport/

Think the important words were "don't go out unnecessarily". So, if you need food or petrol, then go top up when you need to. But avoid panic buying.

Authorities are simply asking that you limit trips out. If you're cooped up at home (even if self-isolating), that doesn't mean you can't get food and petrol (just seek to maintain the 2 metre distance when doing so). Same goes for a walk in the nearest park or to take the dog for a walk.
    Cheers - sorted. I read that link info you posted and saw the bit about access to supermarket etc. Thanks.

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Nope, that just confirms you don't know how to apply common sense, so Bonez's advice to you was wasted.
    Appreciate your concern.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The advice I've seen says vodka is much too low in alcohol to be used as hand sanitiser. So is whisky. Don't waste it, drink it.
    Thats good advice then!
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information