Thread: Infinity heater conversion

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries

Infinity heater conversion

Helloooo. Does anyone know if an external Infinity natural gas water heater can be "modified" (professionally of course) to work with bottled gas instead?... or is a ne heater usually required?

Ta muchly <3
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Helloooo. Does anyone know if an external Infinity natural gas water heater can be "modified" (professionally of course) to work with bottled gas instead?... or is a ne heater usually required?

Ta muchly <3
    yip only differnt jets, they likely come with both options. if you're getting one installed make sure the electrician uses a switch rather than a plug, i do them most weeks usually about $175 cheaper that way

Bike
    suzuki
    i'm in lower hutt can do electrical side for you.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post

Ta muchly <3
    should be very straightforward I bet there are many many in the welly region that do run of cylinders

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    yip only differnt jets, they likely come with both options. if you're getting one installed make sure the electrician uses a switch rather than a plug, i do them most weeks usually about $175 cheaper that way
    Good to know. We bought the infinity because it comes with a house attached, but the house was attached to mains gas. As such, once the infinity has been shipped and the appendage glued back together, it'll find itself on a site without a natural gas connection. Hence the need for bottles.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    should be very straightforward I bet there are many many in the welly region that do run of cylinders
    Cheers. We've never run on bottles before so it's new ground... but I have to say that I'm looking forwards to being able to go for a late shower if I want one without being concerned whether there'll be enough hot water.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Switch lasts longer too, plugs’n’sockets corrode in a few years. Unfortunately some calafont makers insist on a socket otherwise they won’t fulfill their warranty obligations...
    (but then I see yours is second hand... )
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    I have a Rinnai VT26 that was converted from NG to LPG. It's a bit more than jets, the entire burner unit is swapped. Not very expensive (IIRC about $160 from Plumbers Merchants) the swap is quite straight forward, remove the cover, remove about 6 screws and a few plugs and the old burner comes out, reverse the process to install the new burner. You could do it yourself but that s probably illegal.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I have a Rinnai VT26 that was converted from NG to LPG. It's a bit more than jets, the entire burner unit is swapped. Not very expensive (IIRC about $160 from Plumbers Merchants) the swap is quite straight forward, remove the cover, remove about 6 screws and a few plugs and the old burner comes out, reverse the process to install the new burner. You could do it yourself but that s probably illegal.
    lol, yeah my intention is to get the jobs that need doing to be done professionally. It sounds like something I'd usually have a go at, but the Council have to sign off the house etc... before the bank will smile upon us once more, so Gord the builder must step aside... something my wife is eternally grateful for

Thread Information