Thread: Round-the-world Yamaha XT660R for sale

Bike
    2006 Yamaha XT660R

Round-the-world Yamaha XT660R for sale

Hi all, I'm writing from Germany. I'm a Brit who rode this bike from my mother's house in the UK to my father's house in New Zealand in from April 2008 - April 2009, and aside from a 3 month trip around new Zealand in 2014 it's be sat in my dad's garage ever since (off the wheels, but the tyres are probably too old to be useful now anyway). Long story short, we thought we'd move to New Zealand, but now we have kids in school here... it's looking unlikely! My dad wants the space back in his garage so unfortunately my wonderful bike "Maggie" has to go.

I had to put a new low mileage engine in in 2014, as there was a mysterious rattle in the engine, so the bike has done about 50,000km, but the engine is low mileage. Around 8,000 km. The bike never let me down all the way through Europe, Central Asia, India, South East Asia, and NZ. It's been well loved and has loads of extras to make it into a world conquering beast! I work in the motorcycle industry and am an honest dude, genuinely looking to find this amazing bike a loving new home!

http://claymoto.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_3111.jpg

Extras:

Metal Mule pannier rack
    Aluminium panniers
    Metal Mule full exhaust system
    Metal Mule bash plate
    Foam washable air filter
    Cartridge fork emulators
    Airhawk seat pad
    Touring screen
    Heated Grips
    Touratech Garmin Zumo 550 mount (in case you have this old GPS unit!)
    Acerbis bark busters
    Renthal (?) bars (can't recall brand, but proper strong bars)
    Shorty brake and clutch levers
    Braided brake hoses
    EBC HH brake pads

Before I left the bike, I filled the engine with oil (I mean like piston at TDC, and then FILLED the crank case), to eliminate corrosion internally. Battery has been on continuous trickle charger, so hopefully that's OK, chain was well oiled, so maybe that's ok too. You will need new set of tyres, new fluids, but otherwise I think she should be ready to go.

Best thing would be to go and have a look at it if you're nearby to Katikati, or want a destination for a ride! My dad says he'll roll it out into the light to take some photos of it in the next week or so.

Happy to answer any questions.

Open to reasonable offers.

Cheers, Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XT660R.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	773.7 KB 
ID:	344891  

Bike
    Wr250f

Interested

Hi mate, shoot me an email if you have price in mind and a few more pics etc. Thanks

Thread Information