Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VFR1200F loads of extra's

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries

VFR1200F loads of extra's

My VFR 1200 F 2012 need a new home, We have bought a 2016 Bonneville so this bike has to go

Bike has LOADS of goodies:

Remote tyre pressure sensors

Linked ABS.

56 liter mono key Givi Topbox on new frame (replaced 12 months ago due wear and corrosion) fits 2x helmets side by side with comms kist on, huge top box and stylish in its looks

Custom Seat Cover, very VERY comfy, hard leather low foam but ride all day no issue.

3.5k of custom suspension fitted up by KSS in New Plymouth. Custom built from factory Nitron rear, re-sprung-re-valved internals on front, tuned by Dave Moss November 2018. I have the receipts from KSS. Corners on rails, no shit! Have originasl shock as well, why bother its a shitter compared to the Nitron but I have it here for you anyway.

New Metal Gear rotors fitted at 95,000kms still.

K&N air filter

Rear tyre only has 1000kms of travel, fronts done about 4k and I would estimate front is half life, rear is 9/10th of life left in it, Bridgestone Battleaxe T31GT's 120/70F and 190/55R

Scorpion Red Power slip on carbon fibre muffler, have original in box in shed. SOunds awesome, not too loud (in fact I hoped it would be louder but meh, sounds great)

105kms on clock plus change. Valve service done at 100,000 KM's by Robert at RS Motorcycles in Lower Hutt. He will attest this engine is sound, is in great shape and is serviced regular. Hvave a full service history from TSS as well pre changing to RS as my service agent, I believe Oil is CHEAP engines are not, oil/filter every 5k and full service every 10!

I have owned bike since 73,000KMs bought from TSS and have been advised by Motomart it never missed a regular service from previous owner as well and shaft recall was done during prev owners time.

WOF till August, will have 3 months rego on sale. I will have oil and filter changed pre-pickup by RS in Lower Hutt for new owner at my expense.

Pix of bike are in pre-washed state after a decent months riding, I need to clean her but she will be spotless on pickup

Fairing has a scratch on RH side from previous owner (says it fell over in driveway) and the side covers flap a little (was like that when I got her) feel free to fix it but I never bothered. I have never dropped her, has been in fully enclosed carport the 3 years I have owned her. We call her Valerie, by all means keep the name or re-name her as you wish.

I want 10k, not negotiable, when you take her for a ride you will know why. Between the pipe and shocks I put 4.3k of extra's on her in my ownership and I paid 11k so you get all my upgrades basically free. The new rotors were over 900$ parts alone, but had to be done, less than 10k traveled since they were fitted. Stops on a dime. Oh and I will have Robert change the brake fluid as part of the sale service, its due now, I would want it done for me so will do for you but as stated, 10k flat no negotiations.

Call Brent on 0223196928 to arrange viewing, if buying from distance call my mechanic for a bike report, I will happily pay the feee for RS to do a formal pre purchase inspection for out of towners as well as the oil change.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VFR1200LHS.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	344941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200315_163023.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	933.1 KB 
ID:	344942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200315_163004.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	842.1 KB 
ID:	344943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200315_163009.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	936.4 KB 
ID:	344944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200315_163131.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	854.0 KB 
ID:	344945  
    Last edited by StoneY; 15th March 2020 at 16:46. Reason: Got kms wrong
    Just ride.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    . . . Corners on rails, no shit! . .
    So it handles like a Train?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    YOU Neva! ah Stoney, defected to the bloody Pom side aye.
    Ah well I can talk, the ol Bandit has gone too mate. Nonda rider these days, Ratbag and I did over 300 K's today, was brilliant.
    When you bring that toy, for a blast up Norf, bed and hospitality always at your service.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    YOU Neva! ah Stoney, defected to the bloody Pom side aye.
    Ah well I can talk, the ol Bandit has gone too mate. Nonda rider these days, Ratbag and I did over 300 K's today, was brilliant.
    When you bring that toy, for a blast up Norf, bed and hospitality always at your service.
    You may see me sooner than you think, the pom needs a decent run to get the feels bedded in

Arthritis to blame bro, cant deal with sport seating anymore...or the 50 DM's I ran up between Jan and March...DOH!
    The gentlemans chariot should fix both issues :P
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So it handles like a Train?
    Yep! :P
    Mate I have ridden 4 of these now I have one, and the other owners all wanted to keep mine. One of my mates was so impressed he took his cross runner up to KSS and had the same treatment for his as well, and now he has the best handling VFR800 Cross Runner in NZ
    Thanks for viewing
    Just ride.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Sold. Or rather just bit the bullet and traded it in.
    Cya
    Just ride.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    what did they offer as trade value?

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    what did they offer as trade value?
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...b941d78ff2-001

This should provide a clue

Bike
    Blog Entries
    yeah... thought 10K was dream'n hence why I wondered what the dealer actually gave as trade ? (4K?)

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Sadly this is another example of where aftermarket add-ons such as suspension and engine mods simply don't do much, if anything, to enhance the value of one's machine. I'm willing to bet that the OP's bike was cracking to ride and will provide someone with a lot of riding enjoyment but $10k was too steep.

Funny how the world's moved on from the VFR1200 so quickly isn't it? Something of a wasted opportunity for Honda me thinks.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    the major problem is it looks like it has down syndrome... that front is just skullthugg terrible !

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Sadly this is another example of where aftermarket add-ons such as suspension and engine mods simply don't do much, if anything, to enhance the value of one's machine. I'm willing to bet that the OP's bike was cracking to ride and will provide someone with a lot of riding enjoyment but $10k was too steep.

Funny how the world's moved on from the VFR1200 so quickly isn't it? Something of a wasted opportunity for Honda me thinks.
    It's a shame in some ways.
    On the one hand a nice bike, but boring sums it up. Or maybe I'm just a hoon, so I got a Busa

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    It's a shame in some ways.
    On the one hand a nice bike, but boring sums it up. Or maybe I'm just a hoon, so I got a Busa
    They fail to make 90 degree corners quite remarkably.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    They fail to make 90 degree corners quite remarkably.
    To me that's a rider problem, not a bike one...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    The mods make the bike easier to sell but they don't enhance the value.

Honda completely oversold the bike pre launch. No bike could live up to the ad campaign they threw at it.

It was a good bike, I rode one and liked it. People picked on the relatively short tank range as a fault and that was a problem - if nowhere as bad as was made out. Obviously it can pose a problem when touring in remote places far from home, but seriously, how often do most people do that? Many probably never. Anyone who has never toured the island they don't live in, would probably not have been inconvenienced.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information