Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77

Thread: Trail rides cancelled this season

  1. #61
    Join Date
    4th November 2003 - 13:00
    Bike
    BSA A10
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    12,253
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    'The Peaks' ride today out the back of Hawarden today. Stunning ride. Weather mint, track mostly dry. Mid winter rides don't come any better.
    I stayed home and got drugfucked instead
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."


    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

  2. #62
    Join Date
    23rd February 2007 - 08:47
    Bike
    Suzuki gsxr 600k7. Hayabusa K9 DRZ250 K
    Location
    CHCH
    Posts
    1,944
    Another great ride at the Flagpole trail ride yesterday. Also BETA demo rides. I now need a BETA 2S in my life. Xtrainer anyone?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    14th June 2007 - 22:39
    Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Location
    Pigs back.
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Another great ride at the Flagpole trail ride yesterday. Also BETA demo rides. I now need a BETA 2S in my life. Xtrainer anyone?
    I'm torn between the 200rr, X trainer or a 200cc full comp trials bike.

    Which bikes did your ride?

    What's best for an elderly gentlemen who can't ride for shit but really likes technical riding?

    Is their a cure?
    Manopausal.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    23rd February 2007 - 08:47
    Bike
    Suzuki gsxr 600k7. Hayabusa K9 DRZ250 K
    Location
    CHCH
    Posts
    1,944
    I have previously ridden the xTrainer and it was very good. I went to ride the 200rr but it was simply too tall for a shortarse like me so I rode the xtrainer again. This has cemented it for me-xtrainer will be my next trail bike if I can sell my Triumph. A very capable bike given the shortcomings of its suspension.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    14th June 2007 - 22:39
    Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Location
    Pigs back.
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    I have previously ridden the xTrainer and it was very good. I went to ride the 200rr but it was simply too tall for a shortarse like me so I rode the xtrainer again. This has cemented it for me-xtrainer will be my next trail bike if I can sell my Triumph. A very capable bike given the shortcomings of its suspension.
    Crikey, I expected the 200rr to be a bit lower.

    I rode with 3 guys on 300's a few months ago, well, I spoiled 3 guys day as they waited for me to catch up every time I rolled off. 2 KTM's and a Sherco.

    They made everything look easy and could not praise the bikes highly enough, proper tractors and very agile. Some very challenging riding and well above my fitness level.
    Manopausal.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    17,930
    I'm stuck in a timewarp. My GG300 is fantastic I reckon. But its an 07. Newer ones got bigger and are really too tall. For my 5'8 of beautiful manhood. This is where evolution stopped baby. Me, not bikes of course.

    But without increasing travel they got taller. Annoying.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    14th June 2007 - 22:39
    Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Location
    Pigs back.
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I'm stuck in a timewarp. My GG300 is fantastic I reckon. But its an 07. Newer ones got bigger and are really too tall. For my 5'8 of beautiful manhood. This is where evolution stopped baby. Me, not bikes of course.

    But without increasing travel they got taller. Annoying.
    I consider a solid dab to be very important.
    Manopausal.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    17,930
    I employ a flailing leg style from time to time. A bit like trendy MotoGP corner entry, but not really.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    23rd February 2007 - 08:47
    Bike
    Suzuki gsxr 600k7. Hayabusa K9 DRZ250 K
    Location
    CHCH
    Posts
    1,944
    Look at you two bragging about being able to touch the ground to dab! My 5'6" make it a bit challenging! I specialise in the shoulder dab!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    4th November 2003 - 13:00
    Bike
    BSA A10
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    12,253
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I consider a solid dab to be very important.
    I did a solid full body dab, it didn't end well
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."


    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

  11. #71
    Join Date
    14th June 2007 - 22:39
    Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Location
    Pigs back.
    Posts
    4,919
    Lol's, different dabbing techniques.

    Last time out I used a tree, first with my hemlet and face, closely followed by my shoulder.

    Still went down.... Quite a long way, had to use my rope for the first time to get out of the gully.

    If I ever suggest going for a ride, decline. You are not company, you're offroad AA.

    Any hoo, new Betas....
    Manopausal.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    23rd February 2007 - 08:47
    Bike
    Suzuki gsxr 600k7. Hayabusa K9 DRZ250 K
    Location
    CHCH
    Posts
    1,944
    Amberly trail ride yesterday. Considering how dry it was, it was hard work. Missed an arrow and ended up in an enduro section with a nasty climb; fell off four times there alone!
    The forestry sections quickly turned to low traction dust. The climbs got tricky. Fired myself into a wire fence/rider/bike sandwich at one stage..... Feeling my age today.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    4th November 2003 - 13:00
    Bike
    BSA A10
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    12,253
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Amberly trail ride yesterday. Considering how dry it was, it was hard work. Missed an arrow and ended up in an enduro section with a nasty climb; fell off four times there alone!
    The forestry sections quickly turned to low traction dust. The climbs got tricky. Fired myself into a wire fence/rider/bike sandwich at one stage..... Feeling my age today.
    I think everyone missed that arrow, there was a pretty big queue for the little climb at the end of the gully, got out of there ok, lap two of two a couple of the hill sections were a bit of a challenge, cut up badly, big tree roots and I bypassed the third one because it was total shit, the early nineties KDX200 I was on was brilliant

    Towed a 2020 Beta 300 out on the first lap as it had done a main bearing at 25 hours
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."


    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

  14. #74
    Join Date
    14th June 2007 - 22:39
    Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Location
    Pigs back.
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Amberly trail ride yesterday. Considering how dry it was, it was hard work. Missed an arrow and ended up in an enduro section with a nasty climb; fell off four times there alone!
    The forestry sections quickly turned to low traction dust. The climbs got tricky. Fired myself into a wire fence/rider/bike sandwich at one stage..... Feeling my age today.

    Great innit?

    I did a vinduro last year and wedged myself and bike into an electric fence 20 mtrs from the start line. With an XR 250 jumping on top for a hump while I was down. Pretty sure I was speaking fluent French trying to extract myself. Great day!
    Manopausal.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    22nd October 2006 - 00:29
    Bike
    SXF250
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Great innit?

    I did a vinduro last year and wedged myself and bike into an electric fence 20 mtrs from the start line. With an XR 250 jumping on top for a hump while I was down. Pretty sure I was speaking fluent French trying to extract myself. Great day!
    Martinborough Enduro, steep hill, special test, I looked at the electric fence, got tangled in it for an hour. It took a sweep holding the rear tire up so I could untangle the wire from the footpeg & get it out, it was quick with 2. Wiser in hindsight to take the slightly slower line away from the fence & not be chasing the rider in front

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •