Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects At Home During Lockdown

Bike
    Exercycle
    Is the knocking Katana crank the one I have here ? That Kevin Orr took the end off for John Jervie's broken racebike ?
    If it is, they'll be chuffed at the Robbie connection.

Just another piece of "stuff" holding my barn down awaiting return to the Norf Island....

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Is the knocking Katana crank the one I have here ? That Kevin Orr took the end off for John Jervie's broken racebike ?
    If it is, they'll be chuffed at the Robbie connection.

Just another piece of "stuff" holding my barn down awaiting return to the Norf Island....
    I'm not sure, it may be the one on the back of my bench, or the one I gave Seddo a couple of years ago.
    They all look the same, is yours rusty all along in one place where it sat open for years?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Pissing down outside at the moment so my plan of trimming some trees is on hold for the moment.....Not cold though..... The DX mail guy on his GN125 has just been down our street, the sun is popping its head over the horizon and the pair of Tuis that visit us are churping away happily.....A walk down to the dairy at about 0900hrs to pick up milk and bread is on the cards.....Support local and all that guff.....An apple and coffee to start the day off......

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Found tghos contraption on the grass verge while on the way to the dairy some time ago.....At first glance it looks like Berries long lost sex toy and is sticky still......On closer examination it plugs into a car accessary socket. It has what looks like a blue tooth remote ear piece and single v2 usb port wich is slightly manky but fixable.... No branding at all and looks like it is missing the on/off switch but generally in good solid condition....On the front face it has a small LED display,what looks like a phone button, channel _/+ buttons and Qs (Quality of service maybe) button?....At the end of the 6" flexible is a 4 vchannel speaker dongle thingy.....Anyone got anything similar?....I'll pull it to bits and see if I can make up an on/off switch with left over bits I have laying around or just bridge it on and seal it .... End cap comes off easy enough using a flat bladed screw driver....Nice indoor project by the looks......

Edit-Came aqpart nicely....The circuit boards could do with a clean up.....There's what looks like a 5 or 10amp(can't read the value) fuse at the center contact plunger.....Where the the ear piece goes it is magnetic....It had a rather large dust bunny in it which is surprising because of how well it was sealed.....Wet wipes jot all the gung off the outside casing....On on.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0006.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	433.1 KB 
ID:	345271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0009.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	446.1 KB 
ID:	345272  

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Pissing down outside at the moment so my plan of trimming some trees is on hold for the moment.....Not cold though..... The DX mail guy on his GN125 has just been down our street, the sun is popping its head over the horizon and the pair of Tuis that visit us are churping away happily.....A walk down to the dairy at about 0900hrs to pick up milk and bread is on the cards.....Support local and all that guff.....An apple and coffee to start the day off......
    hey, this is about projects mate, facebooks about what you had for breakfast and how your piles are behaving in a cold spell.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I'm not sure, it may be the one on the back of my bench, or the one I gave Seddo a couple of years ago.
    They all look the same, is yours rusty all along in one place where it sat open for years?
    On inspection, I'd describe it as evenly spread 360 degree light surface rust. So probably not ex Robbie.

On to do some welding while the sun shines.

(See what i did there Spyda - project plus weather report)

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    hey, this is about projects mate, facebooks about what you had for breakfast and how your piles are behaving in a cold spell.
    Are you a fucken moderator?....You obviously don't have anything worth while to post....Here have a gummy....

Name:	20200328_121438[1].jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	728.6 KB 
ID:	345273  

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Its the warm spells that are worse - all that swamp-ass makes them really uncomfortable...
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Giving this a whirl between work emails. Lot of surface noise and scratches on this so I am using the PVA glue method of clean-up. basically put it on the TT, spin it up and blob a bunch of glue on it, smear it across the surface, let it dry, peel it off. It should give a demonstrable improvement in sound quality. Plus its kind of fun peeling that shit off. I've had this record since 1978 or so so I want to keep it - even though its a bit knackered.

Name:	the clash.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	775.0 KB 
ID:	345274  
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Are you a fucken moderator?....You obviously don't have anything worth while to post....Here have a gummy....
    nah mate, just someone who understands the meaning of the word 'project'. i've never actually done anything worthwhile in my life so can't post.

Bike
    motocompo
    nah mate, just someone who understands the meaning of the word 'project'. i've never actually done anything worthwhile in my life so can't post.
    Go on, get out some "Plastic" & polish it, maybe a bit of alloy acid on the engine n shit.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Go on, get out some "Plastic" & polish it, maybe a bit of alloy acid on the engine n shit.
    He's got enough toys downstairs. .....Maybe replicate an Aprillia indicator or summit......It's amaxing what you can do with black silicone sealant and super glue......

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Giving this a whirl between work emails. Lot of surface noise and scratches on this so I am using the PVA glue method of clean-up. basically put it on the TT, spin it up and blob a bunch of glue on it, smear it across the surface, let it dry, peel it off. It should give a demonstrable improvement in sound quality. Plus its kind of fun peeling that shit off. I've had this record since 1978 or so so I want to keep it - even though its a bit knackered.

Great cleaning method and well worth the effort cos it's The Clash after all.

Bike
    welbike
    here is a photo of my bottom !

Name:	SAM_0024.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	381.2 KB 
ID:	345276  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Actually I'm seated not far from my largely unplayed vinyl collection (cant trust short people in the house, my last stylus got broken) which should contain a well played but pretty mint copy of that.

Wonder if I can lock the 'office' door and drag stereo in here?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information