Thread: Projects At Home During Lockdown

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Heart warming video showing the selfless spirit of giving

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    It seems a bit tame after riding but I enjoy pottering in the garden. The soil is crap for vegetables but I grow a lot of bromeliads and other semi-tropical stuff. The next few weeks should let me do a bit of thinning out. We also bought a Vegepod for growing salad veggies. What a fantastic device. Not only do they grow quickly, they don't take much looking after and just a few steps from the kitchen.
    Yeah mate, we kinda went big. But worth it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...we have about a hundred square meters of vegetable garden and about forty square meters of glasshouse...it's more than a passion for me...I like those new fangled things I'm seeing...my son has just bought a house and is wanting to get goin with gardnin'...I was going to help him build some raised gardens for his fairly small area, but now I'm gonna point him in that direction......save me some time that my garden here needs...

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...we have about a hundred square meters of vegetable garden and about forty square meters of glasshouse...it's more than a passion for me...I like those new fangled things I'm seeing...my son has just bought a house and is wanting to get goin with gardnin'...I was going to help him build some raised gardens for his fairly small area, but now I'm gonna point him in that direction......save me some time that my garden here needs...
    Whilst we've been waiting to find a place to live, I've been having a play with "rigid" electrical conduit. Bendy lego. 4m for 5 bucks and all sorts of elbows and joiners to choose from. I made a wee mobile garden self-watering garden (never got around to attaching the wheels lol) using some stakes I had lying around and some conduit. It looks fucking ridiculous, but we bagged some lettuce and cucumber and I got to have a play with an auto-pot system and soiless substrates. On a grander scale at the next place, it should look exponentially more ridiculous... looking forwards to it.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    Yeah man. My SO is a passionate gardener and keeps us stocked with veges and stuff. Because of the shape of our section the amount she can do is limited. I am going to buy her one of those thingys.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    .You wouldn't know how to drive one.
    I can ride at least as well as you can swing
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Once we box the last one in, the plan is to fill them a bit on the ground with new dirt and grow spices etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    motocompo
    Went downstairs to tinker in the garage this morning & realised if I was to be working in there for a month it needed a bit if a tidy up.
    Six hours later after a massive tidy up & getting proper reception on the workshop stereo, i pulled the carbs off the K2 750/4 & have the bits soaking overnight.
    So much stuff to do, I hope a month is enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200326_161405.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	689.2 KB 
ID:	345006  

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Went downstairs to tinker in the garage this morning & realised if I was to be working in there for a month it needed a bit if a tidy up.
    Six hours later after a massive tidy up & getting proper reception on the workshop stereo, i pulled the carbs off the K2 750/4 & have the bits soaking overnight.
    So much stuff to do, I hope a month is enough.
    Looking good.

Bike
    motocompo
    I brought the drill mounted polishing mops & the purple metal polish home from the workshop.
    Will give the alloy a good going over on it too.
    Only bugger is that I'd quite like some airbox rubbers for it, but you guessed it, can't get parts.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I brought the drill mounted polishing mops & the purple metal polish home from the workshop.
    Will give the alloy a good going over on it too.
    Only bugger is that I'd quite like some airbox rubbers for it, but you guessed it, can't get parts.
    4into1.com mate. They have a lot of sohc goodies. Got rear carb rubbers set for the 550F from them. Shipping isn't cheap but you'll have them in about a week. I consolidated my shipments by getting a number of spares at a time.https://4into1.com/search.php?search...erater&Search=

https://4into1.com/insulator-set-honda-cb750-1971-1976/

https://4into1.com/genuine-honda-int...750-1971-1976/

Also hunt around for just the rear insulstors/rubbers....
    Edit- Just had a quick gander with no luck. The non-genuine insulator set isn't badly priced at all.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Decided to do the spark plugs on wifes Caldina after putting it off for a month or so, whoever decided to stick the big intercooler on top of the engine and tilt the engine back towards the firewall really isn't my friend right now. Still worth it for the turbo boooooost.

Not sure why but KB has decided I took the pic sideways so just tilt your head and pretend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200326_144840.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	857.8 KB 
ID:	345008

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Flick 4into1.com an email Bob. I found them pretty responsive. Easy to create an account with them as well. You only give credit details on purchase. As far as I'm aware Airfeight is still moving. And as it happens they are fairly close an int'l airport.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Decided to do the spark plugs on wifes Caldina after putting it off for a month or so, whoever decided to stick the big intercooler on top of the engine and tilt the engine back towards the firewall really isn't my friend right now. Still worth it for the turbo boooooost.

Not sure why but KB has decided I took the pic sideways so just tilt your head and]
    If you had ever done the plugs in a Toyota V6 people mover you would be feeling like you had got off very light about now.
    Gotta love the turbo goodness though.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    On the news tonight Mitre 10 and others doing a huge trade in timber and other materials for home projects. I hope everybody is taking extra caution as they work because the hospitals aren't going to be pleased with an influx of injured do-it -yer-selfers.
    And no physiotherapy for a month.
    Grow older but never grow up

Thread Information