Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects At Home During Lockdown

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Set up a wireles IP surveillance camera under the carport. Covers ours and the next door neighbors front drive ways quite nicely. Also faces towards the the gang affiliates house across the road. The next door neighbors wee spot light illuminates up their parking/garage area and our car port during the night.. To install a bit more paranoia across the road I put some stickers on our letter box.

So can now supply video footage to the if they require it.

I'm keeping an eye out for a three/four camera package at a reasonable price. Kits have come down in price quite significantly..I can do all the wiring set up myself without any bother and am very familiar with home networking. Ideally I will set them up to be controlled with this Linux box. Put in an extra ethernet card and run it on a separate sub-net.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0087.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	504.8 KB 
ID:	347240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0089.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	655.2 KB 
ID:	347241  

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Getting on with life. currently I am in the process of repairing Connies high back chair so she can do her hobby stuff. The tried and true dowel and glue method with a screw coming diagonally through the centre. Quite enjoying this project. The wood in the frame is made of ivery hard wood and a normal drill bit on the cordless drill didn't cut the mustard. Pulled out the $30 Chinese corded drill and fitted a wood bit to it to get the job done. Still slow going though.

Don't let the usual Debbie Downers on KB get you down.

Keep smiling...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0000226.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	557.0 KB 
ID:	348164  

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Set up a wireles IP surveillance camera under the carport. Covers ours and the next door neighbors front drive ways quite nicely. Also faces towards the the gang affiliates house across the road. The next door neighbors wee spot light illuminates up their parking/garage area and our car port during the night.. To install a bit more paranoia across the road I put some stickers on our letter box.

So can now supply video footage to the if they require it.

I'm keeping an eye out for a three/four camera package at a reasonable price. Kits have come down in price quite significantly..I can do all the wiring set up myself without any bother and am very familiar with home networking. Ideally I will set them up to be controlled with this Linux box. Put in an extra ethernet card and run it on a separate sub-net.
    That aim...
    Not such a good idea if they have major drama you don’t want to end being involved as witness or the obvious provider of evidence.
    Better to cover your own property best.
    My neighbours had a tune up from the “other” team few times and it’s best to have zero involvement in their drama.
    Make sure your base unit has good ventilation, my older unit cooked couple hard drives in summer, new one has been ok touchwood.
    Swann has good phone app that integrates reliably for remote viewing although lots of similar options out there now.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Time to Necro this Thread

So during Lockdown, I started renovating the Master Bedroom, getting rid of the Old Wall Paper, with a view to painting the room. I put in a bit of work to patch up the GIB, dealing with Cracks and getting it to look nice - then one of the jolts we had last year put all those hairline cracks back in - subsequent investigation found that the GIB was installed by Muppets:

- GIB Sheets not joined at the Stud
    - Using Nails, not GIB Screws

And other assorted sins, So I decided that I will Re-GIB the room (famous last words)... On the Plus side, it will mean I get to Insulate the Room.

The walls are about as Straight as Elton John, so have taken a fair bit of correcting to get close enough to put the fresh GIB sheets on.

Hopefully will get the Batts installed this weekend, possibly the first GIB sheet on as well (but unlikely, might need to wait till next weekend)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211111_170100.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	796.0 KB 
ID:	350099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211111_081842.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	384.8 KB 
ID:	350098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211111_163247.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	733.0 KB 
ID:	350100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211111_152654.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	648.8 KB 
ID:	350101

I guess Level 2 counts as Still lockdown, so it still counts.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    If you don't have one already, get one of those Makita doo hickeys for gib screws. The driver is in a cup so it's difficult to over tighten and pop the gib.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    If you don't have one already, get one of those Makita doo hickeys for gib screws. The driver is in a cup so it's difficult to over tighten and pop the gib.
    I did get myself one of those, after reading that it makes it difficult for over-enthusiastic amateurs (like me) to fuck it up...
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I did get myself one of those, after reading that it makes it difficult for over-enthusiastic amateurs (like me) to fuck it up...
    setting your battery drill clutch to stop once the screws reach the right point is one thing, until you strike differnt wood knots etc. They're great and less than $5 well worth it

Bike
    It was on the good
    Yeah, I learnt to Gib over lockdown. Re-lined half a 1950's kitchen that couldn't have been square when built then put coving all round. The long wall was 4.5m so that got messy.

Took the old fittings out and plumbed in new. Next I am going to buy a van and get some signwriting done cos it all turned out to be a piece of piss.

Thinking of getting 'This van stops often' written on the back of it.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Yeah, I learnt to Gib over lockdown. Re-lined half a 1950's kitchen that couldn't have been square when built then put coving all round. The long wall was 4.5m so that got messy.

Took the old fittings out and plumbed in new. Next I am going to buy a van and get some signwriting done cos it all turned out to be a piece of piss.

Thinking of getting 'This van stops often' written on the back of it.

We did quite a big reno a few months ago, 1860's cottage.....

Turns out one corner of the house has dropped 300mm, conservatively. The walls and ceiling are bowed, too. Not a straight line or right angle to be seen. The ceiling gib was in 6mtr lengths.. What fun.

As much as would love to say I did a good job, I can't. The builders aged by decades over just a couple of weeks.

I won't mention trying to lay Kauri tongue and groove floor boards on a floor which looks like a rough sea.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    All my brake work went well, WoF and rego all good. Anyone wanna buy a 2007 Versys 650 with Givi V35 panniers for $2500?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Jeez I'd check the 2nd hand market, it's pretty strong and I'd expect a bunch more than that.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    They are impossible to sell. They do everything OK. For some reason people value scaretheshitoutofmyself more than I can ride the length and breadth of the country without being held up or breaking down.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    All my brake work went well, WoF and rego all good. Anyone wanna buy a 2007 Versys 650 with Givi V35 panniers for $2500?
    This could have solved a Christmas pressie conundrum but the seat height is apparently 840mm.. Crikey.

The recipient is affectionately known as "the Corgi". Behind her back.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    This could have solved a Christmas pressie conundrum but the seat height is apparently 840mm.. Crikey.

The recipient is affectionately known as "the Corgi". Behind her back.
    Might be time for the rack.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Might be time for the rack.
    I've mentioned BDSM on a few occasions but just get bitten.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information