Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast

Thread: Projects At Home During Lockdown

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So this was what the Finished Kitchen install looks like - as you can tell, We like Black. The Blackest Black.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220304_163803.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	644.1 KB 
ID:	351096

Which includes a Black Tap and a Black sink

Name:	20220404_085520.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	689.7 KB 
ID:	351095

We got the outside door Bricked up

Name:	20220404_102837.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	737.2 KB 
ID:	351094

And finally, after tens of thousands of dollars, hours of swearing, several pulled muscles, one 'Oh shit Help!' call to the Builder, Sparkies having to cancel an Invoice cause it was their fuckup that caused it and the Glaziers turning up to install the Splashback (which needed a bottle jack and some wooden blocks to 'persuade' the cabinetry just enough apart to allow it to fit....

Ta Daaaaaa:

Name:	20220429_103356.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	716.8 KB 
ID:	351093

There's a few things we are waiting on completing (there's some holes in the GIB where power points were and were removed) and some sealing around the place and some scotias up top (to hide my shitty GIB joins...) but you only notice if you know where to look and look really hard.

I'm happy with the extra space and the new Oven is awesome.

---- Edit:

Something else that you may find interesting - we pretty much replaced all our Whiteware with Blackware (no, litterally - all our appliances went from White to Black \m/) and I've noticed in our Power bill, that we are using approximately 20% less energy than the same time last year, which was something I hadn't factored, but it's quite nice to not pay as much in Power.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

Something else that you may find interesting - we pretty much replaced all our Whiteware with Blackware (no, litterally - all our appliances went from White to Black \m/) and I've noticed in our Power bill, that we are using approximately 20% less energy than the same time last year, which was something I hadn't factored, but it's quite nice to not pay as much in Power.
    Nice job. Again it seems parallel lives. I'm in the middle of doing up a kitchen, bathroom and laundry. Was looking at using benchtop paint until we can totally rip out and replace the kitchen. This stuff - https://www.gianigranitepaint.co.nz/

I'm guessing after your current experience that you're part of the black appliances matter movement?

Burnt orange and brown corduroy fan meself.

Oh, whats the coating for the inside of the sink? Might work on my exhaust headers.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Nice job. Again it seems parallel lives. I'm in the middle of doing up a kitchen, bathroom and laundry. Was looking at using benchtop paint until we can totally rip out and replace the kitchen. This stuff - https://www.gianigranitepaint.co.nz/

I'm guessing after your current experience that you're part of the black appliances matter movement?

Burnt orange and brown corduroy fan meself.

Oh, whats the coating for the inside of the sink? Might work on my exhaust headers.
    The sink is a Granite sink - no idea what coating it has - and yes, Black Appliances matter

Good luck with the paint

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    So the skull in the last photo - is that what remains of the electrician that fucked up?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    So the skull in the last photo - is that what remains of the electrician that fucked up?
    Nah, it's where we keep Cookies.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Nah, it's where we keep Cookies.
    Note, theres nothing to say you're not keeping cookies in a past electriaians skull, though???
    Looks good Demon, well done.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Note, theres nothing to say you're not keeping cookies in a past electriaians skull, though???
    Looks good Demon, well done.
    So, you could say that the electrician has shrugged off this mortal coil.

Wonder if he was called Yoric, but could have been a poor lass?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    71 Kawasaki W1, 77 Yamaha XS650
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Wonder if he was called Yoric, but could have been a poor lass?
    'Alas, poor Yoricka! I knew her, Horatio; a lass of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; she hath borne me on her back a thousand times; ... '

def. morphologically female but also plastic enough to be a gender bender
    Be who you are and say what you feel cos those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Bump! So it's gonna be time to revisit this as GIB is once again available and in-stock! DIY Gods be praised!

This means it's gonna be time to rip out the GIB upstairs that I repaired and repainted and then cracked when one of the recent Earthquakes rumbled (Yes, I am still salty as fuck about that) - First is gonna be the upstairs Master bedroom (so that we can finish off our Sex Dungeon...) then after that it's gonna be the downstairs living room, then it's gonna be the 2 kids rooms.

There will be one more bedroom after that to do, but currently it's my Mancave and has a Drumkit and other stuff in there - which I CBF moving.

Realistically, this will keep me out of trouble (Bets, Gentlemen please?) for the next year at the rate of DIY I'm going.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Bump! So it's gonna be time to revisit this as GIB is once again available and in-stock! DIY Gods be praised!

This means it's gonna be time to rip out the GIB upstairs that I repaired and repainted and then cracked when one of the recent Earthquakes rumbled (Yes, I am still salty as fuck about that) - First is gonna be the upstairs Master bedroom (so that we can finish off our Sex Dungeon...) then after that it's gonna be the downstairs living room, then it's gonna be the 2 kids rooms.

There will be one more bedroom after that to do, but currently it's my Mancave and has a Drumkit and other stuff in there - which I CBF moving.

Realistically, this will keep me out of trouble (Bets, Gentlemen please?) for the next year at the rate of DIY I'm going.
    Wondering why you capitalise the abbreviation for Gibraltar Board?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    What surprises me is that you can string together a thread that makes you seem likable and funny.

Why don't you try keeping out of the political threads and post more on riding bikes and this sort of thing? It will do your sense of worth wonders and make you happier. Heck I might even take you off ignore.
    Might.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Sounds like a builder to me.

Scum of the Earth.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Wondering why you capitalise the abbreviation for Gibraltar Board?
    Honestly - a Bad habit, my penchant for random word capitalization is well know.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    What surprises me is that you can string together a thread that makes you seem likable and funny.
    Aren't we Humans such curious creatures...

Why don't you try keeping out of the political threads and post more on riding bikes and this sort of thing?
    I post in Politics threads because Politics (especially of late) has had a habit of making my life worse, in multiple different ways.

Believe me, I would love nothing more than for Politicians, of all stripes and flavours to stop trying to engineer the perfect society and limit themselves to public infrastructure, Law and Order (bounded to Natural Rights), Education and Health Care.

It will do your sense of worth wonders and make you happier. Heck I might even take you off ignore.
    Might.
    I mean, admission is free and you do seem curiously up-to-date with my postings - the choice, as for everyone, is yours.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Sounds like a builder to me.

Scum of the Earth.
    Builder?!? Good God no! I would at best class myself as an overenthusiastic amateur!

I hear they are worse than builders though.

Thread Information