Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects At Home During Lockdown

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    That'll be it then.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200408_123021.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	744.8 KB 
ID:	345277  
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Staples View Post
    here is a photo of my bottom !
    Thats a very nice bottom.
    I've just come in from holding the ladder while my wife clipped the hedge, that was a nice bottom too.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Have you got room for a well for the tap ? Can you reach it ?
    I can recomend the plastic inline taps available from garden power tool shops. Amazingly durable.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    You dont fuck around do you? Good stuff.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    That'll be it then.
    That is mint!

My PA was wearing a Joy Division T shirt at our skype meeting today. So I've been sharing a bit of that with the neighbours. Now on to Sisters of Mercy.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Today I sorted the one big lockdown project I have.

There are several big jobs on the list around here, but alas materials are not to hand.

But we have the tools and we can dig holes.

So we now have a line of post holes for a retaining wall along the edge of the drive.

Now waiting on posts, boards and concrete...
    =mjc=

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    That is mint!

My PA was wearing a Joy Division T shirt at our skype meeting today. So I've been sharing a bit of that with the neighbours. Now on to Sisters of Mercy.
    Ahh Joy Division, I remember those days...
    Personally I've got Jethro Tull "Living in the Past" on the turntable.
    Seemed appropriate...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    motocompo
    Took the sump off the katana today, no bits in there at all.
    A bit of black clutch fibre I'd guess, but no chunks to mention.
    New oil & filter & hooked it up to a car battery & it fired right up straight away.
    Only disappointment, home made o rings don't work.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Took the sump off the katana today, no bits in there at all.
    A bit of black clutch fibre I'd guess, but no chunks to mention.
    New oil & filter & hooked it up to a car battery & it fired right up straight away.
    Only disappointment, home made o rings don't work.
    how do you start up an old Zook, i find it best to take off oil pressure plate and prime oil in there either via there or via the right oil gallery bung by the clutch cover, it frightens me to think of how long it takes oil to get to the head and cams when this whoe area has leaked back, worse still if a bikes ex aussie or hot tim shed and the oils is pretty much gone from the oil pump gears hence priming them.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    how do you start up an old Zook, i find it best to take off oil pressure plate and prime oil in there either via there or via the right oil gallery bung by the clutch cover, it frightens me to think of how long it takes oil to get to the head and cams when this whoe area has leaked back, worse still if a bikes ex aussie or hot tim shed and the oils is pretty much gone from the oil pump gears hence priming them.
    I just placed the last one up against our fence comcrete edging, put on a fresh fully charged battery,new plugs, drained all the gas out of the carbs and replace it with 98 as it pinged on 91. Prime the carbs. Fresh oil and filter. Fired it up with full choke with a bit of throttle, the clutch unesiezed, held about half throttle for about a minute or so and let it setting into a fast idle(2000rpm or so) for a few minutes then close the choke to normal idle rpm then take it for a ride to the end of the col'dsac then back home to see what leaks/doesn't work properly..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    That is mint!

A mate had some gopro footage of concert in Auckland not too long back. Wasn't bad. All my stuff is on CD, but I had taped some from the radio back when RadioActive was a student radio worthy of the name.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    motocompo
    I wound it over on the starter with plugs out until the oil light went off.
    The battery was buggered & obviously I can't get another at the mo, so I used the brand new car battery that's kicking around the shed to eventually go in my 535i beemer.
    I forgot just how good the four into one into two sounded.

Bike
    Exercycle
    The oil pressure sender at the back of the barrel on the big roller bearing Suzukis is actually a one way valve in the line to the head.
    The plunger of the switch when pressure shuts down, comes down and shuts off the line above it.
    Most aftermarket oil cooler takeoffs from this point keep the one way valve.

The Bucket and shim motors have quite big oil pockets around the buckets. Even engines stored for years will still have oill in those

Was i you, when reactivating one stored for a while, I'd simply pull the plugs and spin it over for a minute or so. If any of them don't have oil warning lights it's dead easy to put one on.
    With functioning warning light, they seem to prime in about 5 seconds.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The oil pressure sender at the back of the barrel on the big roller bearing Suzukis is actually a one way valve in the line to the head.
    The plunger of the switch when pressure shuts down, comes down and shuts off the line above it.
    Most aftermarket oil cooler takeoffs from this point keep the one way valve.

The Bucket and shim motors have quite big oil pockets around the buckets. Even engines stored for years will still have oill in those

Was i you, when reactivating one stored for a while, I'd simply pull the plugs and spin it over for a minute or so. If any of them don't have oil warning lights it's dead easy to put one on.
    With functioning warning light, they seem to prime in about 5 seconds.
    I'm about to (next day or two) spin up my GS1100GK for the first time since 2007. I am going to pull the cam cover and pour some oil in there but I'll be interested to see how much oil remains around the buckets.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I'm about to (next day or two) spin up my GS1100GK for the first time since 2007. I am going to pull the cam cover and pour some oil in there but I'll be interested to see how much oil remains around the buckets.
    Don't waste your time pulling the cam cover, unless it's for another reason.
    Wind up oil pressure on the starter. It all gets to the important bits if you do that.
    You will do no harm to it with plugs out & no load at starter rpm.

Thread Information