Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects At Home During Lockdown

Bike
    welbike
    HiAll. While we are doing show and tell I have been having a ball building a pedal car for my grand son
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0010.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	400.3 KB 
ID:	345051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0011.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	403.7 KB 
ID:	345052   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0012.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	395.9 KB 
ID:	345053   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0013.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	386.0 KB 
ID:	345054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0014.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	396.7 KB 
ID:	345055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0015.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	407.8 KB 
ID:	345056  

Bike
    welbike
    here is some more photos of the finished rolling chassis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0016.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	386.3 KB 
ID:	345057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0017.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	391.6 KB 
ID:	345058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0018.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	383.4 KB 
ID:	345059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0019.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	392.0 KB 
ID:	345060  

Bike
    motocompo
    You are a proper clever bastard.
    That makes tidying up something that Socohiro built in the '70's look like a complete cop out.

Bike
    welbike
    Thank you Bob I will take that as a compliment. Not sure if its clever or not but a bit of patients helps ,it took me a day and a half to make the grill suround .

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Yep, to motorbikes what a N9Y was to cars.
    I think you would have to have worked mainly on English cars to understand that. And Lucas CB1
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Staples View Post
    HiAll. While we are doing show and tell I have been having a ball building a pedal car for my grand son
    That is bloody awesome Ian.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Reminds me of a mate skidy, also a Graham who made a neat cart like that for some nephew or something.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Very nice work Mr Staples. Every few years something like that shows up at the local VCC swap meet - unfinished. At least with the lockdown, there's a good chance of finishing it.

Bob - your comment about making diaphragms rang a bell. I use a welding set about as old as I am - ex my old man. Couple of years back, the oxy regulator developed a leak.
    Pull it apart to have a look and the main diaphragm is torn - rotted. Looking closer it was made from canvas reinforced rubber and had scissor marks around the outside - home made.
    So I did what the old man had probably done and went in to Para and asked "got any of this stuff ?" Yep, straight off the shelf. Another 50 odd years of use ahead.

If I'd been working in my yard, I'd have hypothermia. Frame is coming along slowly due to the cold and inertia.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Mr Staples
    your cart is a magnificent piece of work.

Reminders me of when hen I was a nipper I had an all steel Jeep cart similar to yours.

you have nice round tubes on the bottom of the foot pedals.
    the one I had, these foot pedals were made from bent flat bar.
    used to cut into soft bare feet.

we had a small hill at the end of the drive and a sharp 90 degree bend into the footpath.
    you had to be careful to miss the large hole one on side and a wooden power pole on the other.
    and the pedestrians.....

2 things to remember
    no hand brake, and once it got to a certain speed no control on the pedals.
    they moved way to fast.
    never crashed, but had hours of fun.
    those were the days.

enjoy.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Might attempt to have a go at the old Brigg and Stratton powered lawn mower. It's been in the garden shed for over 7 years. Now that our freindly property maintenance guy is off for at least another 3 weeks. It was second hand when we got just after moving in around 30 years ago and aways smoked a bit. Got harder and harder to start over time so was retired from service.

If I have no luck I'll just sharpen and adjust the 'ol push mower blades to put that in to service, We don't have that much lawn opting fore concrete/sheds and gravel instead. Might just scip the B n S altogether because of this Soy Boy eco freinldly times we are suspose to be living in. Fuck battery packs and fuck petrol....Now where did I put granddads hand dril.....

Wifey has ordered me to go get some more lollies to keep her suger levels balanced. Doesn't need insullin yet thank goodness. Who can complain at that. I'll top up the NX650 and get some miolk while I'm at it. Also can trow a 10kg sack of spuds in the top box.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Staples View Post
    here is some more photos of the finished rolling chassis
    I may be in my 30s - but can I be your surrogate Grandson?

That looks cool as fuck!
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Actually I would like to apologise for a flippant comment before. I have nothing against carpenters. Salt of the earth. Some of my best friends are carpenters. Well they would be if I knew any. So I hope I haven't caused any offence in the name of a joke.
    just read your comment with your apology and i must say i am now offended, but only because even tho work is only 600m from where i live i still cannot go down there and potter in the workshop or play with the CNC, makes to much noise and we have one very grumpy neighbour.
    fucker reminded me of what i am missing

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    installed some hanging plugs in the shed above where the bikes park and above my bike lift to get rid of all the extension cords all over the place
    https://store.tactical.co.nz/key-bak...MaAuaMEALw_wcB
    going to put some of these on to keep above head height when not in use, after all this is over

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Might attempt to have a go at the old Brigg and Stratton powered lawn mower. It's been in the garden shed for over 7 years. Now that our freindly property maintenance guy is off for at least another 3 weeks. It was second hand when we got just after moving in around 30 years ago and aways smoked a bit. Got harder and harder to start over time so was retired from service.

If I have no luck I'll just sharpen and adjust the 'ol push mower blades to put that in to service, We don't have that much lawn opting fore concrete/sheds and gravel instead. Might just scip the B n S altogether because of this Soy Boy eco freinldly times we are suspose to be living in. Fuck battery packs and fuck petrol....Now where did I put granddads hand dril.....

Wifey has ordered me to go get some more lollies to keep her suger levels balanced. Doesn't need insullin yet thank goodness. Who can complain at that. I'll top up the NX650 and get some miolk while I'm at it. Also can trow a 10kg sack of spuds in the top box.
    I'll lay you real money your B&S engine has either a cracked exhaust valve seat - or a piece of seat missing.
    Early part of thsi last summer I went through this with first the rideon then the push mower. Sold the rideon and put a cheap Sanli engine on the push mower.
    Even built one good 9HP B&S out of 3 for the rideon. Eventually bought something not B&S powered.

About 15min to lift the head and have a look.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    just read your comment with your apology and i must say i am now offended, but only because even tho work is only 600m from where i live i still cannot go down there and potter in the workshop or play with the CNC, makes to much noise and we have one very grumpy neighbour.
    fucker reminded me of what i am missing
    Thats cruel. Bro has some machinery the bach half of his shed. Every thing is on braked heavy duty casters so he can relocate these as the job reqires. Benchs fold up against the wall. Surprising what you can get in a well organised area.

Cheaes for that info Grumph. Time to drag out the imperial spanners I bought in 1978.

Thread Information