Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects At Home During Lockdown

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    OK so back to bikes LOL

Nearly there 1040 installed and a few other mods
    Just got to work out which colour I want the Marvics - Gold or white.

Huge amount of time gone in over lock down.
    Damn pity the rider isn't as good as the bike looks LOL
    Test day tomorrow

Attachment 350366

We did get a new driveway, race van, awning on the trailer and a couple other bits done around the house but only pics of the important stuff
    Bloody riders probably turned to wood, by now!Noice bike mate!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    husaberg
    OK so back to bikes LOL

Nearly there 1040 installed and a few other mods
    Just got to work out which colour I want the Marvics - Gold or white.

Huge amount of time gone in over lock down.
    Damn pity the rider isn't as good as the bike looks LOL
    Test day tomorrow

Attachment 350366

We did get a new driveway, race van, awning on the trailer and a couple other bits done around the house but only pics of the important stuff

Looks beautiful.
    Its a bit late now, but there are brembos from a XJR that fit on the Yam mounts direct with the 320mm rotor and 100mm mount. Rather than the normal brembo 70? or 90mm.

i have a set of R6 bluespots to go on my TZR forks with RD front wheel with a but i would rather look at a Brembo anyday.
    I also just found a new source for 320mm 15mm offsets that the 748R and 998R had these are what the Race kit OWO1 had as well.
    https://www.oppracing.com/product_di...rier-08200375/
    But with those wheels you might not need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Triumph had Nissin calipers that fit Yams and just need a lean on the finisher and some black paint.

I must list the ones I bought forgetting my Yamaha had a Suzuki chassis
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Cheers guys for the suggestions
    The rear Marvic is off a Ducati 900ie which I made spacers for and F1 engineering made a new disc (we have to run 5.5" rims).

The front Marvic I got from NZ off a XJ fitted straight in no mods.
    I had the 65mm Ducati Brembo calipers from another bike build. And a fellow racer kindly made the adapters on his drill mill out of aircraft Ali for nix.
    The bolts are all titanium so weight is not an Issue.
    The bonus with these calipers are they are on a multitude of ducati's so getting race pads is not so expensive. I have had the odd set landed for $60-70NZD.

My current dilemma is should I make my other FZR a wet bike????????
    I have spare fairings, Tail section support, tank, swingarm, blue spots, Clip ons, screen, Dave Cole forks and a new YSS rear shock just landed (good enough for road or wet set up (a little soft) as I don't have the budget to have a new $1400-00 Nitron shock sitting in a spare bike not doing a lot).
    So I could keep enough of the original bike to go back to stock if I ever wanted to.

I am thinking a stock FZR with exup still installed at 129 Rwhp would make a perfect wet, cold day, track day, practice bike or back up race day Postie bike??

Shame to convert her to track but overseas they are gathering value but here in NZ not so much.
    Prob worth as much as a race bike as a road bike I reckon 5-6K??
    Do I do it LOL ?????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190405_205140.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	797.6 KB 
ID:	350391
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Cheers guys for the suggestions
    The rear Marvic is off a Ducati 900ie which I made spacers for and F1 engineering made a new disc (we have to run 5.5" rims).

I had the 65mm Ducati Brembo calipers from another bike build. And a fellow racer kindly made the adapters on his drill mill out of aircraft Ali for nix.
    The bonus with these calipers are they are on a multitude of ducati's so getting race pads is not so expensive. I have had the odd set landed for $60-70NZD.

My current dilemma is should I make my other FZR a wet bike????????
    I have spare fairings, Tail section support, tank, swingarm, blue spots, Clip ons, screen, Dave Cole forks and a new YSS rear shock just landed (good enough for road or wet set up (a little soft) as I don't have the budget to have a new $1400-00 Nitron shock sitting in a spare bike not doing a lot).
    So I could keep enough of the original bike to go back to stock if I ever wanted to.

I am thinking a stock FZR with exup still installed at 129 Rwhp would make a perfect wet, cold day, track day, practice bike or back up race day Postie bike??

Shame to convert her to track but overseas they are gathering value but here in NZ not so much.
    Prob worth as much as a race bike as a road bike I reckon 5-6K??
    Do I do it LOL ?????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190405_205140.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	797.6 KB 
ID:	350391
    Any stock unmolested 90s superbike is worth keeping.

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    ‎BMW F 900 R

cool

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Gonna use the time to ride my illegal motorcycles while the cops are guarding the supermarkets.
    They say that from the end of February new restrictions will be introduced :фейспалм:

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Old Kitchen out, a couple of surprises, but nothing too major - have decided to re-Gib the Kitchen (for various reasons), so a little extra Man-hours for me, but should look mint.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Go for a warmer colour, you gotta be happy when cooking.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Old Kitchen out, a couple of surprises, but nothing too major - have decided to re-Gib the Kitchen (for various reasons), so a little extra Man-hours for me, but should look mint.
    One of my home renovation books, written in NZ, starts with "Never be surprised at anything you may find"
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    One of my home renovation books, written in NZ, starts with "Never be surprised at anything you may find"
    Well the Surprises so far have consisted of:

1: a Down pipe that was hidden behind a spice rack, that is being moved outside
    2: A bit of rotten Subfloor around the Sink pipe work
    3: Some very dubious methods of packing GIB (whereby the Packers took it from being straight and level to wonky...)
    4: some other assorted weirdness

But all of the above have had relatively quick (and therefore cheap) fixes, the biggest extra cost is for the Plumber to re-route the plumbing, but ironically, cause of the rotten subfloor, we cut that out, back to where it was good - which gave the plumbers nice and easy access to rip out the old plumbing maze and redo it with something simpler.

Same with pulling off the old GIB (we pulled off a lot more than we originally intended), that allowed the Sparky easy access to move power points and disconnect old points - so he was in and out in a couple of hours.

When I get round to it, I'll post up some pictures.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Same with pulling off the old GIB (we pulled off a lot more than we originally intended), that allowed the Sparky easy access to move power points and disconnect old points - so he was in and out in a couple of hours.

When I get round to it, I'll post up some pictures.
    Yes... if I buy another doer upper electrics will be the first thing mapped out/inspected. I’d go as far to say a sparky inspection would prob be higher in importance than builders report as most of their stuff is obvious. That’s of course if the frenzy ever dies off enough that sellers start accepting conditional offers again....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Yes... if I buy another doer upper electrics will be the first thing mapped out/inspected. I’d go as far to say a sparky inspection would prob be higher in importance than builders report as most of their stuff is obvious. That’s of course if the frenzy ever dies off enough that sellers start accepting conditional offers again....
    oh it's slumped big time in the hutt valley, troubles is most of the pre purchase check companies don't know anything about electrics. I had one house required rewiring that had had a report done, $27k to rewire and repair walls as it was two storey, the pre purchase people knew squat about the electrics. Many don't even know the difference between a fuse and a circuit breaker, and if they simply don't know that what else do they know.
    I have discussed this with the electrical registration board and as they are not doing what is defined as prescribed electrical work they have no power over them.
    They won't even go to the media and 'recommend' qualified people do it.
    Sucks really for customers.
    The pre purchase inspection business has grown heaps once the P testing was proved to be farcical, so many of them just changed the name on their overalls and went hunting fools with money.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Can I just say:

Fuck sanding.

Whether it's belt sanding highspots on the Subfloor or sanding GIB Stop.

Fuck.
    Sanding.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Can I just say:

Fuck sanding.

Whether it's belt sanding highspots on the Subfloor or sanding GIB Stop.

Fuck.
    Sanding.
    Had to Happen!
    Shiete isn't it?
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    husaberg

i brought one a while back as i had a set on my CR500 motard i thought be got as i had heaps of spare pads
    What i didnt realize was the two sizes have different pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information