Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Are you 'essential' or not?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    but you have no idea what it is that I've been speaking about from day 1.
    Me neither.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    And I Am telling you right now, in this instant, that you have misunderstood those words, not only because you have a bias against anything I say (you like to argue remember trollylolly), but you have no idea what it is that I've been speaking about from day 1 due to the fact that you haven't listened when it has been explained to you that our understandings are not the same. This was evidenced over a considerable amount of time. Given that it is me saying that I Am passing on some new insight that I was made aware of, you claiming to know what I Am stating is singularly the most stupid revelation you have come up with yet... And believe me, for Dave, I know what I mean when I say it, and when I say that's not what I meant, well, yeah, that kid of is the truth.

You ripped your own undies a long long long time ago, I simply accepted that that's what you wanted (trolled the shit out of you really doesn't cover it) and tried to apply a wedgie technique to dislodge your head from your arse. Alas I failed. As I do in everything eh eh eh eh eh.

Have fun sweetums, and make sure your next post is a goodun, because it is highly likely the last one I'll ever read, and whilst I don't read your posts, I kind of admire your dogged relentlessness whilst trying to scroll past your posts... because there is a dedication in trying to get ones view across using so many words. You still evidence yourself as being able to hear what is being said/written though.

So what is it to be? Oh shit! Really? Or Nah, that can't be true (despite me stating it over and over in post after post, you know, evidence). There was no honour in me doing that other than to give you the chance to vent and for me to get information out there that others might find interesting enough to think longer and harder about it.

You served your purpose well, and I both thank you for that and apologise for putting you through something that you don't yet understand. Best of luck mate.
    What is there to reply to?

You say you've trolled me, yet that's impossible - since I'm quite candid about the fact that I like to argue. Can't really Troll the willing.

You're trying to claim that by replying I've somehow furthered your goal of disseminating your ideas, in a very narrow sense - sure, but when the dissemination comes with a rebuttal as to why it's demonstrably wrong - seems a bit of an own-goal really.

You say that you've 'stated it over and over' - I agree you have definitely stated many things, what was curiously lacking was a demonstration that they were correct. Doubly hilarious that in what you stated, you demonstrated my point for me. Perhaps it is me that should be thanking you.

You say in your post to FJR that I'm just thinking like an Economist and their thinking got us into this mess and blah blah - but that betrays the reality: Economists seek to understand Human Behavior, they did not and never did cause the problem. It's Human Nature, always was and always will be. That also happens to be the one thing that no matter how hard you try, you cannot change and it also happens to be the one thing that will cause your fantasy to come crashing down.

You may not like the current Capitalist system - Sure, I get that - it's got (like most things) a myriad of problems, I can probably list off as many as you can think of. But the one thing that it has going for it, which is why there are Capitalist systems that are literally over a thousand years old, is that it's compatible with Human Nature.

I'll end with this:

If you are so closed minded to level the charge of Heresy against me - Fine.
    If you are so insecure with your own ideas that you cannot bear the test of scrutiny - also, Fine.
    If the intractable problem of Human Nature vs Finite resources causes your whole system to fail before it starts but you just can't bring yourself to admit it to me or yourself and so dogmatically block out any dissension within the ranks - Again, Fine.

Like I said to Dave, I don't dislike you and there are parts of your idea that have a degree of Merit and deserve to be taken seriously (by people who actually understand economics) to see if there is a way that they could work in the real world. And since I'm a nice, helpful type of chap: Account for Human nature in your system, solve the problem of comparing the value of disparate things and you may see uptake of your ideas grow exponentially, afterall - isn't that your end goal?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    On the essential occupations ... I wonder how many (essential ??) confectioners are hard at work gearing up for the Easter chocolate sales ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Work in prgress with the place being occupied might suggest otherwise ... unless they were going next door to shower/toilet/cook etc ...

\
    my sons household is using a neighbours bathroom seeing as they dont have one not being essential and all that

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Application done and I have read the declaration carefully and checked that revenue will be at least 30% down in April. It will be much more than that.
    as a self employed tradesman my income has dropped to 0

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    My work is not as essential as work that rolls cigarettes. I feel so unimportant.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    JimO, have you applied for the govt help funding? Is it $575 a week or similar?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    my sons household is using a neighbours bathroom seeing as they dont have one not being essential and all that
    They just have a bigger bubble than some. That's what friends are for. That used to be a common thing for neighbours to do.

Nowadays ... not so much. Sad really ... I've had awesome neigbours over the years ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    My work is not as essential as work that rolls cigarettes. I feel so unimportant.
    More than half of the population on welfare depend on them ... a large portion of the medical system is catered for them ... the tax recieved from them is a large portion of the Government income ... so they ARE essential.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    as a self employed tradesman my income has dropped to 0
    Through my entire working life ... everytime I changed jobs ... I changed occupations.

Now I'm an esential worker. Go figure ...

Bike
    Yo momma
    The pot shops here are considered essential and are still open.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    The pot shops here are considered essential and are still open.
    Nice, but I wouldn't be sharing a joint around right now.

And I'd be pretty careful 'bout what I was breathing while inside making a purchase.
    =mjc=

Bike
    BSA A10
    Essential enough that I have to go into work to sort some stuff out for an Agricultural client tomorrow, so that's an hour or maybe two taken care of
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    ...so that's an hour or maybe two taken care of
    So a normal working day for you?

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    On the essential occupations ... I wonder how many (essential ??) confectioners are hard at work gearing up for the Easter chocolate sales ... ???
    Anything that was/is supplied by a supermarket is regarded as essential, lollies, beer and wine, cocacola, snifter lumps, and some food apparently.

Thread Information