Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you 'essential' or not?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Actually the government's handling of it has largely been supported by politicians from all parties.

It's the likes of Swoop who choose to turn it into a "but Liarbour…." issue.

He's as bad as that "but National...." cock.
    Now you mention National I don't recall hearing much if anything from Simon Brudges in the last couple of weeks.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Not essential so 24/7 on KB. Well apart from when I'm sleeping, eating, on the loo, out on the m/c, walking, having a shower, vacuuming, on the phone to ralitives, sleeping, watching murder cases on telly, taking out the rubbish, doing the dishes, working on the m/cs, reading a magizine, talking to neighbors over the fence, trimming branches off trees in the yard, painting, demolistion stuff, picking up medication and sleeping.......(Dots added for effect)

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    The entire list of "essential" is so poorly thought up and worded, it has more holes in it than swiss cheese.
    Not surprising though.
    Dats coz everything that's important is generally connected to something, or a part of something, that looks unimportant, but is actually essential for the essential people to do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    The amount of businesses that will be forced under due to financial reasons, is going to be shocking.
    ...... It's ok, once the cold has gone it'll all go back to normal and we can keep on suiciding ourselves using production again. The irony is astonishing. Billions starving, do nothing. Catching a cold, blank cheques all round. Millions homeless, do nothing. Catching a cold, leave offices spaces sitting empty for 4 weeks before sending people back to non-essential jobs. And so on... That happens, and has been happening for quite some time now, for financial reasons too. Do you maybe think the financial system is a bit of a problem
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    ...... It's ok, once the cold has gone it'll all go back to normal and we can keep on suiciding ourselves using production again. The irony is astonishing. Billions starving, do nothing. Catching a cold, blank cheques all round. Millions homeless, do nothing. Catching a cold, leave offices spaces sitting empty for 4 weeks before sending people back to non-essential jobs. And so on... That happens, and has been happening for quite some time now, for financial reasons too. Do you maybe think the financial system is a bit of a problem
    Are you working for free, donating all of your money to those who are worse off than you yet?
    Have you stopped enjoying things like Electricity, the internet, Motorised transport etc. that all damage the planet that you care *oh* so much about yet?

No?

Keep up the good (hypocritical) work.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    That's always such a weak argument.

Living within the world we've created does not preclude one from setting about trying to improve it.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    a lady at work is stucj right in the middle of this They have bought land,settlement is in about two weeks,the sellers wont budge.Their house is sold but settlemt is in about two weeks..How will they (or the other people) move?
    Yeah, we've got developer clients who are saying "but they can settle and they dont need to move in" (with it being a vacant section).

Fun times yesterday with the ones brought forward. One of my team waited on hold (while doing other shit) for a bank LSC for an hour. Then the call dropped out.

The knock on effect might be a worry - just as an example I have a builder client with six houses on the the go and two fulltime staff and a lot of really good subbies he uses. He is a good operator: but he has three houses to start and thee houses under construction. And titles for two sites he has under contract issued yesterday. The four weeks we can all live with. If it rolls out then he is very worried about cashflows. Its a wait and see thing at this point.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Blog Entries

Living within the world we've created does not preclude one from setting about trying to improve it.
    It's about to go further than beyond weak......

Are you working for free
    I always have. Where I have worked for money, so I did so because people paid me money. I once, actually more than once buy hey, worked in a job purely to help others get a business off the ground. Also, ever since I retired 5 years ago, because I decided I had enough to live on, I've been doing that very thing in varying capacities.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord
    donating all of your money to those who are worse off than you yet?
    Do you realise just how stupid of a question that is given that I don't earn money? Of course you don't, because you're so confident that your first 2 questions are actually statements that you show just how ridiculously informed you are to be making such judgements..... still (i can only assume)

Have you stopped enjoying things like Electricity, the internet, Motorised transport etc. that all damage the planet that you care *oh* so much about yet?
    I have stopped using those services needlessly and use them for life purpose only i.e. helping people. I Am not a luddite. I realise the limits of the planet and act accordingly. You can't say the same, and so you have to make it out as if I Am not doing anything that I said I stand for. I Am doing EVERYTHING that I stand for.

You're doing more that enough of that for all of us

You are woefully ill-informed across the board Son... especially for a troll.

NOW that you have some new information that proves what you currently think 100% wrong, what are you going to do with it? I'll tell you, you're going to say that I Am not doing those things, because that's the way you've always handled being wrong on any sort of level.

Thus endeth your lessons for another few years.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I always have.
    Where I have worked for money, so I did so because people paid me money.
    So which is it?

Did you work for free or did you accept money for your Work? You seem to be confused.

Do you realise just how stupid of a question that is given that I don't earn money? Of course you don't, because you're so confident that your first 2 questions are actually statements that you show just how ridiculously informed you are to be making such judgements..... still (i can only assume)
    Quite the contrary - You've confirmed you have at some point been paid, and been paid so well that you have retired - Quite the Luxury being able to retire isn't it...

A luxury most of the worlds population can't afford - So have you donated all of your money and or assets to those who clearly need them more than you? Clearly not.

I have stopped using those services needlessly and use them for life purpose only i.e. helping people. I Am not a luddite. I realise the limits of the planet and act accordingly. You can't say the same, and so you have to make it out as if I Am not doing anything that I said I stand for. I Am doing EVERYTHING that I stand for.
    Needlessly - Ooooooooh now there is a rather interesting Weasel word now isn't it.

Prey Tell - who is the Arbiter of what is Needful and Needless, Why, It's the lord high-Hypocrite himself (that would be you). Regardless of whatever justification you can conjure up - you are still using resources either directly or tangentially that are in opposition to your beliefs.

You don't want to be a Luddite - you want to enjoy all the fruits, bounties, protections and comforts afforded by Capitalism - Fine by me...

Just so long as you are willing to pay the piper for all of those things, which is where you fall miraculously short.

I'll tell you, you're going to say that I Am not doing those things
    You were close, I'm don't need to say anything - You've already said it for me.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore

Trying to improve it or tearing it down completely?

These are not the same thing.

But furthermore, continuing to enjoy the perks of certain aspects of modern society whilst decrying everyone else for doing the same is where the Hypocrisy is.

If Mashie was to sell all of his assets and donate all the money he had then accumulated to those worse off than him and lived an entirely subsistence lifestyle where he could directly control all of his interactions with nature and live entirely sustainably, then I'd have a lot of respect for him and his beliefs (as I do for others who practice what they preach) - the reality is that to do so is Hard, he doesn't want to do it and so doesn't - and on that basis, I (and many others) laugh at him for the Hypocrite he is.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Lard,

So you don't know what money is then? I'll say this, my skillset was often used by people who couldn't provide me with the cow, liquid, fuel, housing etc... required to enable me to get to a position to be able to help people, so I took what they had to offer. Think of this this way, put your own oxygen mask on before you put on the mask of others, else you'll be as useless as a troll posting on a motorcycle forum.

Called it... covers the rest of your misunderstandings.

Like I said, woefully ill-informed.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Essential... moving big stuff about... have letter to show at upcoming checkpoints...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    so I took what they had to offer.
    And that is why you are a Hypocrite.

Why did you take anything at all? You have agency and the ability to refuse, so why didn't you?

Again, your entire post is you providing Justifications as to why your rules don't apply to you.

"Oh it's fine when I did it because I helped other people"

Bike
    Yo momma
    Trying to improve it or tearing it down completely?

These are not the same thing.

But furthermore, continuing to enjoy the perks of certain aspects of modern society whilst decrying everyone else for doing the same is where the Hypocrisy is.

If Mashie was to sell all of his assets and donate all the money he had then accumulated to those worse off than him and lived an entirely subsistence lifestyle where he could directly control all of his interactions with nature and live entirely sustainably, then I'd have a lot of respect for him and his beliefs (as I do for others who practice what they preach) - the reality is that to do so is Hard, he doesn't want to do it and so doesn't - and on that basis, I (and many others) laugh at him for the Hypocrite he is.
    You mean like The Good Life.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    You mean like The Good Life.
    What he doesn't realise, is that I don't own any assets. That went when sidecarbob swindled me out of my bike (he didn't, iza just funnin). Some peeps just have no capacity to think beyond what they've seen on TV. I do likes my Barb though... even though she's a capitalist.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    What he doesn't realise, is that I don't own any assets.
    Except the means to access the internet and post here....

Keep Lying.

Thread Information