Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Are you 'essential' or not?

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Work in prgress with the place being occupied might suggest otherwise ... unless they were going next door to shower/toilet/cook etc ...

From the tradies I work with (I'm still working) the health & safety issue is the guide (note guide).

Machinery and staff still functioning safely ... it gets left. Most though just do what needs to be done.
    I am sure a breakout of the Black Plague in Dunners will be a welcome distraction for Jacinta.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    I am sure a breakout of the Black Plague in Dunners will be a welcome distraction for Jacinta.
    That was last week. Try to keep up ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    JimO, have you applied for the govt help funding? Is it $575 a week or similar?
    yes i applied a couple of days ago and have already been paid 12 weeks

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I don't actually work in Dunners ... just live there.

I work here ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Kiwa.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	345068  

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    So a normal working day for you?
    Just about, can't even go over the road for BK while I am there though
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    my little pony
    I don't actually work in Dunners ... just live there.

I work here ...
    I'm not wasting my time with piffle arguements with you. JimO has Dunners in his profile, merely trying to give advice in his best interest based on guidance on the MBIE site. Clearly the kitchen is not essential, but sanitation is.
    Hell Jacinta is going to allow citizens to buy fridges soon.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I'm not wasting my time with piffle arguements with you. JimO has Dunners in his profile, merely trying to give advice in his best interest based on guidance on the MBIE site. Clearly the kitchen is not essential, but sanitation is.
    Hell Jacinta is going to allow citizens to buy fridges soon.
    Has he or his son actually made calls to (try to) get work done ... and explained their full situation ... or just asked advice on here ??

And depending on who he talks to when he calls ... might make a difference.

No success at one place ... call another. If there IS another place to call.

Do you even have an idea how many are available (and want) to do the required work ... ??

Why hasn't the person/people that started the job try to finish the job. Who declared it "Non Urgent" ??

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Has he or his son actually made calls to (try to) get work done ... and explained their full situation ... or just asked advice on here ??

And depending on who he talks to when he calls ... might make a difference.

No success at one place ... call another. If there IS another place to call.

Do you even have an idea how many are available (and want) to do the required work ... ??

Why hasn't the person/people that started the job try to finish the job. Who declared it "Non Urgent" ??
    my sons plumber has stated finishing the bathroom is non essential as far as he is concerned, the room has been gutted and walls straightened waiting for plumber to shift a few pipes, all materials to finish are on site

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    my sons plumber has stated finishing the bathroom is non essential as far as he is concerned, the room has been gutted and walls straightened waiting for plumber to shift a few pipes, all materials to finish are on site
    Plumbing is easy, do it yourself. Might not be legal but better than going without. Anyway, what council inspector will be seen in the next few weeks?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    BSA A10
    Just had to do my first callout for the week, absolute bliss, client turns up at work and leaves the gear with us, we hook into it, no phone calls and no walk ins to interrupt us, ring him up when we're just about finished and he turns up about 1 minute before were done, then back home for a lunchtime beer, wishing it was always this easy
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    12 weeks is the default paid to employers. I've not read the instructions yet but I'd imagine there's a square up at the end and the employer would refund anything not paid out.
    Was just yapping to mate up in Wellington whose received his for himself and employees,12 weeks at $585 less tax (lower rate) came out at $486.42 and if all goes back to normal before the 12 weeks is up theres no requirement to pay back anything left over,he did add that there was a requirement or expectation that employers who could afford to do so would make the pay up to 80% of employees usual wage,plenty wont i would imagine but hey is what it is.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Just stopped going in to work today, working on an on call basis only now.
    Prepared and expecting to lose income on this, just means no overseas trip this year and less bike parts, but it's a big picture thing and we can live quite happily on wife's income who is an essential service health worker.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Looks like my employer is going to make up our pay to our normal average, initially anyway.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    I think it's becoming clear that they've made a mistake using 'essential' as the term for identifying who is allowed to work or be open, given working for a living has always been 'essential' for the vast majority.

What they really mean is 'approved'.

It amuses me that a "Breville Mini Wizz" is now an 'essential item' according to Noel Leeming.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I think it's becoming clear that they've made a mistake using 'essential' as the term for identifying who is allowed to work or be open, given working for a living has always been 'essential' for the vast majority.

What they really mean is 'approved'.

It amuses me that a "Breville Mini Wizz" is now an 'essential item' according to Noel Leeming.
    When you start down the 'Food is an Essential thing' path, the logical conclusion is a Breville Mini Wizz is an Essential item, since it is used in the preparation of Food.

TBH, I'm not even annoyed at Businesses trying to find ways to make sure they stay in business, by maximizing online sales.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Thread Information