Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding during the coming lockdown

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Odakyu-sen View Post
    "Covid 19 coronavirus: Don't drive to the beach during lockdown, police warn" Ref: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12319711

Looks like "aimless" or "for recreation" motorcycle riding (even by yourself) is off the menu during the lockdown.
    That is unless you are going to your local supermarket or doctor/hospital.
    And so it should be. Can't we take the safety of the community a little more seriously?

This isn't a drill.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    And so it should be. Can't we take the safety of the community a little more seriously?

This isn't a drill.
    For once, this time only, I agree with you 100%. Get this wrong and it wont end well.

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Japanese research showed that motorcycle riding is good mental excercise and is effective in preventing the decline associated with old age.

Dunno how you work that out. I live in the middle of a quarter acre section but there are houses just a few feet (or inches?) either side of the boundary. On the bike there might be nobody for bloody miles.

Do you do night shifts? Anybody can go to the supermarket and the government doesn't tell you which supermarket. If the fish factory at the port is open that would entail a trip right across town.

Anyhoo I wish y'all all the best and I trust that those of you who are locked in with teens can avoid murdering them
    Still planning on going riding?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Still planning on going riding?
    The original criteria did not mention motorcycles and motorcycles had likely never crossed the politicians' minds. People who decided staying at home meant not riding were jumping the gun.

The comments about not going tramping so as not to involve other people in search and rescue though, are applicable to us as regards ambulance staff etc.

Still, the rules do not say you have to go to the supermarket in a car, so ultimately the answer is yes, I'll likely be riding.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    This isn't a drill.

...I think this is a fucking big, drill for the 'saviours of the universe'...lets hope the prevailing, 'She'll be right", is altered to a 'This is fucking serious', type of mindset, within a large part of the populace...there seems to be a big bunch of dangerous people out there...

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The original criteria did not mention motorcycles and motorcycles had likely never crossed the politicians' minds. People who decided staying at home meant not riding were jumping the gun.

The comments about not going tramping so as not to involve other people in search and rescue though, are applicable to us as regards ambulance staff etc.

Still, the rules do not say you have to go to the supermarket in a car, so ultimately the answer is yes, I'll likely be riding.
    Why not just admit you got it wrong? Nothing to be ashamed of, it,s a whole new situation for us all.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Why not just admit you got it wrong? Nothing to be ashamed of, it,s a whole new situation for us all.
    ...he didn't get it wrong at all...I need more insulin soon, I can drive the 70k journey, or I can ride...I'll prob go to the supermarket on the way home, pack on back, on my sickle...crazy life, crazy times...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    OK I wasn't going to mention this but... There is an old saying, "Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of fools."

Some hereabout should definitely stick to the rules.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...he didn't get it wrong at all...I need more insulin soon, I can drive the 70k journey, or I can ride...I'll prob go to the supermarket on the way home, pack on back, on my sickle...crazy life, crazy times...
    Rubbish, play the game, stay at home, it's not all about you(Or Pritch)

Bike
    GSXR1000
    The original question was related to 'riding for pleasure'. Going to the shops on your motorcycle has always been fine, along with other defined service or goods providers. Going for 'pleasure' rides or drives was always obviously off the books once the lockdown was announced.

Bike
    motocompo
    I'd like to do a daily security check on my workshop, 6km each way.
    Not sure how I'm placed there.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Rubbish, play the game, stay at home, it's not all about you(Or Pritch)
    ...you can't read or comprehend what you read...insulin is rather essential to my staying alive...good golly man, wake up, read the fucking words...you are as thick as that bonehead cunt...grow up...

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...you can't read or comprehend what you read...insulin is rather essential to my staying alive...good golly man, wake up, read the fucking words...you are as thick as that bonehead cunt...grow up...
    It sounded like you were trying to be clever and take advantage of a loophole of sorts. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    For heavens sake.

How about we give enough of a flying **** to apply the intent of this lockdown and sacrifice a little private pleasure for the sake of the community.

How hard is this.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I'd like to do a daily security check on my workshop, 6km each way.
    Not sure how I'm placed there.
    part of my morning routine will be to walk round the block past my place of employment, I don't trust the opportunists around here.
    apparently taking a walk for exercise and fresh air is ok

Thread Information