Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Riding during the coming lockdown

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I've been out on the mtb this arvo and stopped in at the Sign of the Kiwi. HEAPS of motorbikes out in the ten minutes I spent. But thats not all: heap[s of everyone else too. Pushbikes, walkers, people out driving blah. Yeah that lockdown thing is obviously over.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Good one. Did you see any other bikes?
    No but that's pretty usual for around here. Town population of 2000 and there's only a handful of regular road riders. Lots of others that like the idea of having a bike in the shed though.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I've been out on the mtb this arvo and stopped in at the Sign of the Kiwi. HEAPS of motorbikes out in the ten minutes I spent. But thats not all: heap[s of everyone else too. Pushbikes, walkers, people out driving blah. Yeah that lockdown thing is obviously over.
    I just discovered our Napier beachfront cycle way has a trendy daily electronic traffic count light post. Last Saturday while out for exercise it said 316, Sunday it was 500 and something.
    Some will be double counts as the fatties will do short return journeys instead of big loops.

Your motorbike is only ‘recreational’ if no other purpose. So fine to ride to work/supermarket/doctor/place of exercise beach walk etc
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Nice 140km poodle today on the cb550. 30ish hkms of gravel, Did 160km yesterday on the FX650.

Bike
    Looking
    So what is the general consensus? I am itching to get out for a blast (within my region). Have the boys in blue being pulling bikes over/giving out fines?

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    I went out last Saturday for a ride and I'll be heading out again this arvo. Haven't had an issue so far.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Took wifey's Boulevard to the Shop, so that was first ride in over 6 weeks.
    Boys at Botany Honda did a great job of wiring in some auxiliary lights and giving her a yearly WOF, meantime, I got home and jumped on the AT and went to work, in Westgate, motorway all the way, but what a way to go, bugger all traffic and no closed doors or stupid thats my space, drivers.
    Roll on next week, when we can go Norf, Sauf or any other bloody direction we want. Though it might be the wrong time to travel, EVERYBODY else will be doing the same.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Took wifey's Boulevard to the Shop, so that was first ride in over 6 weeks.
    Boys at Botany Honda did a great job of wiring in some auxiliary lights and giving her a yearly WOF, meantime, I got home and jumped on the AT and went to work, in Westgate, motorway all the way, but what a way to go, bugger all traffic and no closed doors or stupid thats my space, drivers.
    Roll on next week, when we can go Norf, Sauf or any other bloody direction we want. Though it might be the wrong time to travel, EVERYBODY else will be doing the same.
    Your lucky theres no traffic - up here the roads are like pre COVID days. Crazy no one seems to care we are still at Level 3

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Your lucky theres no traffic - up here the roads are like pre COVID days. Crazy no one seems to care we are still at Level 3
    Same here, arterial routes like Dominion Rd and West Coast Road in Auckland are back up to pre COVID off peak levels already for my trips out west every day or so.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on

Well that was a nice wee squirt:)

Well that was a nice wee squirt

Akaroa North Head Lighthouse via Pigeon Bay and Okains Bay Road.

The fresh grading on Lighthouse Road was ok. But the heavy loose gravel down the ridge to the lighthouse proper was a 'good' workout.

So where did you guys go today?
    =mjc=

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Short ride to Kawakawa Bay. Lots of people there, but I didn't see many motorbikes.

Half of the main street of Clevedon has been dug up and it is down to one lane. The automatic traffic lights don't work very well if you're coming back from Kawakawa Bay as the traffic from Maraetai has right of way at the roundabout.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Very nice wheelie along Crawford Street in Dunedin this afternoon from some dude on an old Honda.

Hope the sirens a few minutes later weren't for you.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Very nice wheelie along Crawford Street in Dunedin this afternoon from some dude on an old Honda.

...the old, in Honda only improves...all you cunts will get it one day...prob when too late...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post

Probably was, far too many goody too shoes out there ATM.

even when you are doing a civic duty you can get 🥵

assuming s/he wasn’t obnoxious or a danger, who cares.

i know L3 still on.

READ AND UDESTAND

Thread Information