Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got me a KTM 390 Adventure

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Spoke to AFC motorcycles manager on Friday. He said the small capacity KTMs are going gangbusters and can't get enough in. Who would imagin them having enough puff to go outside city limits eh

Bike
    2020 KTM 390 Adveture
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Spoke to AFC motorcycles manager on Friday. He said the small capacity KTMs are going gangbusters and can't get enough in. Who would imagin them having enough puff to go outside city limits eh
    Yeah if you get a chance to take a spin try one out. I think you have been riding for many years like me so you will remember 70s small singles were ..feeble to be honest. I enjoyed my SL125, XL175 and XL250 in the dirt but they had nothing to offer on the road. KTM deserve to sell bucket loads of 390s for making a stonking little motor and providing a cheaper 50:50 road : adventure alternative to these stupid overpriced heavy 800cc to 1200cc bikes going for $22,00 to $35,000. How many people in these tough times have that sort of cash to splash out on a toy.

The 390 can handle long spells on open roads and motorways no problem and leave the tin tops behind putting a smile on your face. Top gear roll on is pleasant from 100kph overtaking or even at 120 it still has some surprising pulling power. Full tit from traffic lights using the QS is a blast.

I was hoping they would keep it simple, stick with the 390 Adv. formula and go with a slightly bigger single (450 to 575 max) rather than the extra weight and width for a twin. Before you know it it will creep out to an overweight overpriced 700cc or more . Oh wait, they already have that and it's over twice the price.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Thread Information