Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who thinks after 4 weeks we will be back at work?

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    If only that applied to the Police here... They've even gone so far as to have a form that you can fill out to dob in your neighbours.

According to the NZ Herald, 60 backpackers near a Queenstown hostel thought it was ok to have a party last night.

All up, there's been 4,200 reports of people flouting the lockdown with 3 being arrested. Crazy times.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    All I'm hoping for is that, come the time we see the infection rate receding and we can be sure we're on top of it, the border remains closed while we get the country back on it's feet.
    +1. Spot on mate.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    According to the NZ Herald, 60 backpackers near a Queenstown hostel thought it was ok to have a party last night.

All up, there's been 4,200 reports of people flouting the lockdown with 3 being arrested. Crazy times.
    Wonder how many times they have to do that before the NZ Government decides that organising flights to repatriate them home is a "better option", and seeks to make flight refuelling and handover arrangements with certain overseas countries.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Wonder how many times they have to do that before the NZ Government decides that organising flights to repatriate them home is a "better option", and seeks to make flight refuelling and handover arrangements with certain overseas countries.
    Precisely.

Kiwis overseas should be repatriated here and Quarantined, people who have travelled from overseas should be sent home and Quarantined there.

For countries that were particularly hard hit - such as Italy, I'd be happy with an agreement to quarantine those individuals in NZ at our expense to lessen the burden.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post

See, I'm conflicted on this.

My 'Civil Liberties' side (especially with the actions of the police in the last 2 years) - is saying "Nope, Fuck those Jackbooted thugs" - I don't like how the Police have behaved and I have concerns about the Police using another 'situation' to acquire more power for themselves.

That said, there is a real threat here and so people who are acting in a manner that is Malicious should come under scrutiny.

But I still don't like it.

Bike
    VFR800

My 'Civil Liberties' side (especially with the actions of the police in the last 2 years) - is saying "Nope, Fuck those Jackbooted thugs" - I don't like how the Police have behaved and I have concerns about the Police using another 'situation' to acquire more power for themselves.

That said, there is a real threat here and so people who are acting in a manner that is Malicious should come under scrutiny.

Certainly hear ya regarding the "Jackbooted thugs" scenario etc. Your key words are about the real threat however and like it or not, we're stuck with it for the time being. The future? Who knows? There might not be many people left for the Cops to get more power over the way things are going.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries

So you claim to have principals ... but your principals are put aside due to the simple fact that you know that people near you (doing the same thing) might be putting your life (or a member of your family bubble) at risk of hospitalization ... or death. That is not confliction ... just self centered.

So much for your principals ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    So you claim to have principals ... but your principals are put aside due to the simple fact that you know that people near you (doing the same thing) might be putting your life (or a member of your family bubble) at risk of hospitalization ... or death. That is not confliction ... just self centered.

So much for your principals ...
    Which principal of mine do you think I'm violating?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I'm not violating any principals. Have you seen them? Not really to my taste and I do have to admit to not really getting on with teachers in general.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    NONE ... I think you are a selfish self-centered opinionated git.

Did you not see the bit where I said you claim to have principals ...

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    What I would like to see is a report with recommendations from someone like Sir Peter Gluckman. I think he was the Government Science Adviser or something like that. Something along the lines of what he wrote for the Meth contamination issue. A report based on actual statistics and data rather than hysteria and mainstream media drama, and then a plan balancing probable outcomes with probable short & long term consequences.
    I have read the Gluckman report a few times and the major research he refers to, mainly the California research on human subjects and the Colorado research using lab rats. Very well written using facts and scientific data.
    If only something similar was available in relation to this virus it could assist the Government to make sensible decisions on how to deal with the virus.
    If you want to know what Gluckman thinks, here you go:

Coronavirus: Sir Peter Gluckman joins calls for extreme shutdown
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...treme-shutdown

They're not acting on "hysteria and mainstream media drama", they're acting on the best advice being given to them by the experts in the field. The "sensible decisions" are the ones already being made.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

I'm just going to reiterate the bit where I don't think anyone should have principals. They're a strange breed. I mean who would WANT a purely administrative position where you have to deal with a board AND parents? *shudder*

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Well, I'd agree with 75% of that statement, Selfish? In some abstract ways maybe, though unless We'd had a financial dealing or we'd interacted in a manner where the exchange of goods and or services was being negotiated, I'm not sure how you can level that one... however

Which of my 'Claimed' Principals do you think I'm violating?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I'm just going to reiterate the bit where I don't think anyone should have principals. They're a strange breed. I mean who would WANT a purely administrative position where you have to deal with a board AND parents? *shudder*
    Those that don't want to deal with Children?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Which of my 'Claimed' Principals do you think I'm violating?
    You don't have principals. You may have opinions based on a principal if it suits you at the time.

Thread Information